1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any Love for Pilot G2?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by this_is_nascar, May 28, 2019.

1. this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar Loaded Pockets

Anyone EDC a variation of this pen? I have the .5, .7 and most recently the 1.0, all in black.

I've carried a blue G2 Mini/Pixie for years.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

#1 this_is_nascar, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
  2. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

No. It's a decent enough refill and the G2 mini was a good concept with a bad execution in pen design and construction. If there had been a nice, well constructed pen that handled the G-2 mini refill while the pens were still in distribution in the U.S., I would have been interested, but that ship has long since sailed. I have a few of the G-2 minis around the house, but don't EDC one. The rubberized grip and cheap plastic don't appeal to me, personally, for an EDC pen. Since I got a Machine Era compact & put an EasyFlow D-1 refill in it, I haven't looked back.

3. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

For å cheap Pilot pen I prefer the fine BPS-GP

from my S-A-M-S-U-N-G S9+ via T-A-P-A-T-A-L-K

4. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

I can't live with ballpoint, personally, but everyone has to find their own way.

5. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

Well I edc the OHTO Liberty Aqueous Ballpoint Pen Silver CB-10NGL-SV from japan (with a ceramic ball c-305), interspersed with periods where i use a Lamy safari fine point matt Charcoal. I think gel inks are overrated myself, (Smudgy and dries out) but they seem to make lovely vibrant colours and metallics

6. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

My take is the opposite. Most ballpoints need way too much pressure to write and they don't write a dark, saturated line...both deal breakers for me. I prefer the Schmidt capless or regular rollerball refills for most office and home writing, but for mobile use outside the office and home, the Schmidt Easy Flow refills have been a very good compromise. They write almost as good a line as the rollerballs, but it's more permanent and weatherproof..unlike the ballpoints they also write a darker line. I don't think ballpoints are going away because I don't personally like them, though..;)