1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any good shows?

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by TheRussianNextDoor, Jun 7, 2013.

1. TheRussianNextDoor

TheRussianNextDoor Loaded Pockets

So Im a huge show person. I watch them all the time on my computer. Ive been keeping up with White Collar, Suits, Breaking Bad, Burn Notice, How I Met Your Mother, and I recently started watching Arrow. So I'm wondering what kind of shows do you guys watch when you watch tv, netflix, or captain a pirate ship like me?

Sent from my Nokia using Telepathy.

xnyne likes this.
  2. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

jeepsrjason Loaded Pockets

Game of Thrones, Firefly, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Big Bang Theory, Top Gear(British version), MacGyver, Magnum PI, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Mighty Max and that's all I can think of right now.:)

xnyne likes this.
  3. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

Documentaries, Bones, Murdoch Mysteries, and CSI. Oh, and anything Mike Holmes does.

Sent by Owl Post

4. Ted Andkilde

Ted Andkilde Loaded Pockets

I've been watching a bunch of stuff on Netflix so there's some obscure stuff on my list: Top Gear, NCIS, Kingdom, The Inbetweeners, The I.T. Crowd, Foyle's War, Life On Mars, Community, Arrested Development, The Riches...

I watch too much TV.

:)

5. rsitter

rsitter EDC Junkie!!!!!

dexter!

xnyne likes this.
  6. mwoj

mwoj Loaded Pockets

Top Gear, Burn Notice, The A-Team, and I just saw Graceland, which is good but it starts at 11 and with school I don't normally stay up to midnight.

7. Erasergirl

Erasergirl Loaded Pockets

I pulled the plug on regular cable a few years ago...so now i have to make a POINT of watching things off the internet.. Usually I can find what I need on Netflix and if i REALLY want to watch something current I can buy it from Amazon or in the case of Game of Thrones I have a friend send me the discs.
    I gave myself Hulu Prime and Warner Archive subscriptions for the summer.

Right Now I am keeping up with SUPERNATURAL, Grimm, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, and Longmire. I have S3 of Walking Dead to marathon the next chance I get.

I'm always looking for shows to catch and watch through to the end or so... I watched the 1st few seasons of Breaking Bad and i look forward to rewatching them all and then catching up to the latest ones.

Justified..love justified...when the last season started I went back and rewatched the previous ones. and then did it all over again.

8-10 years ago i could actually say i was familiar with everything that had ever been on tv...if i hadn't seen all of it many times i had been exposed to it...
    these days I am kinda proud that i DON'T know what the heck is on broadcast tv anymore. i try to save my few hours of tv watching for 'the good stuff'

I am partial to this new golden age of tv - the FX shows, Sons of Anarchy, ARCHER etc.. I may actually buy all the ARCHER seasons..i love it that much.. i used to buy more dvds than i do now...but I have been culling things down. I still own all of Futurama and ROME, and Band of Brothers and will probably buy Game of Thrones and Justified when i start seeing the seasons used.

BTW they JUST introduced AEREO.com in the Boston Area.... it's a subscrition service where you rent a TINY antenna on their service for $8 bucks a month which picks up the BROADCAST signal in your TV market and then you can see it on your PC, Roku box or other device. It is well worth it. the signal is great and you have about 10 hours of cloud storage you can record to (like tivo.)

ghuns likes this.
  8. Mickey Holmes

Mickey Holmes Loaded Pockets

I really enjoy Arrow, can't wait for the second season. Grimm is also another show I enjoy. Person of Interest is another show you should check out.

9. dalewa

dalewa Loaded Pockets

NCIS
    Blue Bloods
    The Dick Van Dyke Show

grids7 likes this.
  10. dalewa

dalewa Loaded Pockets

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why is a proper name censored?
    let me state ---short for Richard----------

jeepsrjason likes this.
  11. willydigger

willydigger Loaded Pockets

Currently on the air: Game of Thrones, Justified, Walking Dead, and I always seem to find reruns of Big Bang, though I don't purposefully watch new episodes.

Discoed: Firefly, The Wire.

I keep meaning to set aside time for Breaking Bad, but I haven't yet.

I have to say though of all the shows, The Wire is BY FAR the most captivating. Living in Baltimore has nothing to do with it. The writing is something unusually special. You care about characters you absolutely HATE. There are certain characters that are so amazingly written, I can't find a way to express the total and absolute satisfaction of watching it. It is a very slow starter, but I found myself staying up just one more hour to watch the next episode.

jeepsrjason likes this.
  12. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

Could Person of Interest be anymore relevant with the surveillance news coming out this week? It has an interesting premise, great writing and a fine cast.

I also enjoy Arrow, The Walking Dead, Castle, The Big Bang Theory, NCIS and Burn Notice.

ghuns and jeepsrjason like this.
  13. Tactical&Practical

Tactical&Practical Loaded Pockets

A lot of these I am behind on, but ones that I like to watch are: NCIS, Arrow, Nikita, The Walking Dead, Graceland, Psych, Dual Survival, XIII. It's crazy just how many good shows are out there.

14. Aleister

Aleister Loaded Pockets

I've enjoyed Game of Thrones, Supernatural, How I met your mother, Friends, Californication, Dr Who, Eureka, Heroes, Person of Interest, Revolution, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate SG-1, The mentalist, Monk, Love and Marriage, My name is Earl, Reaper, Top Gear.

For some time I also enjoyed Law and Order but soon I got sick of the cops' macho attitude and took the side of the bad guys. But they never won, so, I stopped enjoying it and I stopped watching it :bundle-of-joy_throwvertical:

15. Bigdaddyrooster
    • In Omnia Paratus

Bigdaddyrooster Loaded Pockets

Justified is great, dexter, breaking bad.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

16. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

Big Bang Theory, the new SyFy series Defiance. That's pretty much the only stuff I try to watch these days. I am a latecomer to the Big Bang Theory so I'm trying to catch up, still a lot of episodes I haven't seen.

I was getting into Arrow when it first came out but only saw the first few episodes. I really don't have much free time for TV watching.

17. Mickey Holmes

Mickey Holmes Loaded Pockets

Duck Dynasty is also a pretty good show, especially if you want to laugh!

18. willydigger

willydigger Loaded Pockets

I hear a lot of good things about Duck Dynasty. Unfortunately it falls into my category of reality TV. I will never ever again watch reality TV regardless of quality. NEVER. EVER.

Others shows I won't watch:
    Sensationalized (insert recent weather tragedy, building collapse, celebrity suicide attempt) :censored:.
    Anything on HLN. If The Purge were real I'd take'em all out. Also add Anderson Copper, Pierce Morgan, Dr. Drew and any other douchebag that makes a mountain out of molehill. Please all that is good in the world, make them shut the hell up.

If you're not a show with actors* SPOILER (this includes WWE wrestling), or ESPN, I hate you.

*Cartoons and Wheel...Of...Fortune are exempt. Dear Merv Griffin, thank you for not replacing Vanna or Pat. They are IMO the heart of American television. Wholesome, sincere, the benchmark for game show quality.

Back on topic, other good shows, Homeland. Also Season 1 of Spartacus. Wow.

keith1234, jeepsrjason and kertap75 like this.
  19. grids7

grids7 Loaded Pockets

+1 for Blue Bloods and Firefly. Also, Revolution.

jeepsrjason likes this.
  20. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]