1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any G-Shock guys here? ...

Discussion in 'Watches' started by speedmaster, May 24, 2010.

1. mikep

mikep Empty Pockets

Me too! Though I believe the difference between the one LUW is wearing and the 5600E is the indiglo.

I also like that I remember that when I saw it in the 80's I thought it was pretty cool, but at that time it was too big for my 15 yr old wrist, and besides, I was sporting an awesome calculator watch!

2. leatherman123

leatherman123 BST/Marketplace ban

I have 6 G-Shocks and the Riseman is by far the best. The only thing I am confused about is why the barometer is in hPa. hPa is hecto pascals and the standard barometer meassurement is kPa which is kilo pascals. All you have to do is multiply the reading by 10 and you will have the barometer reading in kPa..

Also, do you notice that when you move your wrist a certain way the light on the watch turns on?

3. Bas and Lokes Straps

Bas and Lokes Straps Empty Pockets

I'm a G shock girl! :) No, I have lots of watches, but my most recent purchase was a G shock stealth. Can't remember the model number but it is pretty much all black. I love it. I have not taken it off my wrist since I got it which is kinda hard for me as I love my other watches because they utilize leather straps and I happen to make custom straps. But this watch is definitely a lot of fun.

4. theotherphil

theotherphil Loaded Pockets

That's because you have Auto EL switched on. Press and hold the light button for 6 seconds to switch that function off.

5. theotherphil

theotherphil Loaded Pockets

I only have 2 models at the moment. A Riseman MIMB (GW-9200MBJ-1JF) and a Hydro modified GW7900B-1. It's a little dark to take any decent pics at the moment but here's a short video showing them side by side comparing the Hydro conversion. You can see the negative display of the Hydro GW7900 is much clearer with better contrast. Underwater, the annoying mirror like effect has gone (and water resistance increases to a theoretical 12,000+ ft approx lol).

[video=youtube;IPdJn2yCBZ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPdJn2yCBZ4[/video]

6. leatherman123

Thank you VERY much! I knew it wasn't always like that LMAO! Do you notice that when you push in the light button hard it clicks? Also is the sensor completely tight on your? (i.e if you push the silver part inwards does it give a little? Thank you

7. leatherman123

I wish I got my Riseman with the negative display. I was actually going to get the tide watch w/ negative display but the Riseman had much more of a coolness factor LOL

8. Fusilier

Fusilier Loaded Pockets

My current EDC watch is this G-Shock Analog:

[​IMG]

My next watch (if the idiots over on eBay stop bidding the auctions up as soon as they're put up), will be this one:

[​IMG]

Stock photos are from the Casio web site.

9. stepewolf

stepewolf Loaded Pockets

i have an old type g-shock (the backplate is too worn to read the model) for the last 10 years. i have smash it on engine covers dipped it in all kinds of liquid fuel expose it to welding radiation and all other kinds of abuse you can find in a ships engine room. apart from the straps that fail every 2-3 years still going strong. it is in such a bad shape that i do not wear it any more outside the engine room but my dress watch is casio (protrek) too

10. tglassburner

tglassburner Loaded Pockets

What model is this?

11. sjmack

sjmack Loaded Pockets

I rock the DW5600E :D

12. photomic

photomic Loaded Pockets

gw2310bd-1v

13. Bierkameel

Bierkameel Loaded Pockets

It's an ISO rated dive watch so there's a lot of testing before getting certified.
    Also the total frame is made from titanium.

14. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I am wearing a GW-810BD-1ER

[​IMG]

Excellent watch. Got it half price on Amazon.co.uk in April. Unscathed so far, and it has a HARD life.

15. tglassburner

Is this Silva compass attachment an add on or did your watch come with it? Sounds like a nice addition.

16. Marlinaholic

Marlinaholic Loaded Pockets

I started with a GW330A-9V this winter, then ran into a used GW600DA-1V and GW1400-4AV here on the forum, so now I have three solar/atomic models and a GWM-850-1V on the way. G-shocks are addictive and make my other watches pretty much obsolete from a technical standpoint. I like that GW600DA the most right now because of the simple face layout. The stainless bracelets on the G-shocks I have are nice quality, makes for a heavier watch of course though.

17. Millman55

Millman55 Loaded Pockets

It's an add-on !
    You can get it on ebay for around 10 dollars shipped.

18. BosuxRedsux

BosuxRedsux Empty Pockets

got the top one, the analog but with blue dials. got it about 4 years ago, still running on original battery.

19. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    looking for another G-Shock, but don't know which one yet,,, i've had this one for about 4 months now, and it has taken a beating, yet not a scratch (knock on wood) i was looking and they used to make the safety bar that went around the face of a couple models, which would be perfect, i wrote the company, and am waiting for a reply as we speak,,, JR

20. tglassburner

I cant seem to find it.