1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any fans of 5.11 pants?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Supermanda, Sep 6, 2013.

1. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

I wear the 5.11 Taclite EMS pants every day for work, paramedic school, and clinicals. Love 'em. Just bought three more pairs today because Lapolicegear is having buy any two pants and get one free until midnight tonight (applies to any of their pants they sell). Furthermore, if you buy 5.11 pants from there it ships for free, and you can also use coupon code "AR-10_FR37" for 10% off sitewide.

Kinzei and amdmaxx like this.
  2. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Great tip, Gator, thanks ... Just picked off several pairs of the 5.11 Stryke pants ... My favorites!

3. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

You're welcome. Glad I could help

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  4. jcr

jcr Loaded Pockets

i like the look of the covert khaki pants but they are a bit expensive on my side of the pond:cry:. might treat myself one day.

5. Trickster

Trickster Loaded Pockets

If you ask me, they're worth every Cent / Penny. I prefer the Covert Cargoes since they are less dressy, but the Khakis have the huge plus of coming in black.

6. Lilja

Lilja Empty Pockets

Hi!

Anyone who can please tell me the difference of the materials in the 5.11 TDU pants? Ordinary TDU pants, Ripstop TDU pants and Twill TDU pants. Witch material is the thickest for cold conditions?

Sincerely
    Olof
    Norway

7. CasperEDC

CasperEDC Loaded Pockets

I used to wear 5.11 taclite pants when I was working as a parmedic. They were funtional but really goofy looking with a very dated styling (elastic swimtrunk waist, pleated fronts, really?) and some truly useless features. I've since gotten rid of them and my newest pair of 5.11s are the Stryke with the Flex-Tac ripstop fabric. These I bought these to replace a pair of very expensive NorthFace pants that have not held up very well.

The Stryke pants update the features of the old Taclites into a modern refined version of the same thing; a functional cargo pant. However the Stryke looks the part of a everyday casual pant and less the urban tactical. I actually came across a great youtube comparison if you want a feature breakdown:

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  8. socaldsal

socaldsal Loaded Pockets

I'm wearing taclites right now and see no pleats.

9. pipey

pipey Loaded Pockets

I have a few pairs of 5.11 jean cut pants. Wear them most days as theyre just like jeans but it taclite material.

10. striderAUT

striderAUT Loaded Pockets

Levis's 501 or 5.11 TacLite Pro pants. I dont own other trousers.
    I have to say though.....I have several of both......not only 2 pants. Heh!

11. USTF

USTF Loaded Pockets

I have a pair of 5.11 Jean-Cut pants and have to say it's a bit dissapoiting. Though they fit great and let me feel very comfortable comparing with jeans while looking much the same, there are few things that upset me.
    Need to say first the color is dark navy.
    1. Within days after purchasing the pants I fell on my knee and the fabric's color faded. I try to be careful since then, but still... nothing like fading that easy with BH! LW pants (khaki, black and OD) or Tru-Spec (OD).
    2. A D-ring below the waist being originally black quickly lost its color and became brown (like rust).
    3. Belt loops, though wide (1.75"), are quite tight. Wearing the pants with a two-colored 1.75" TDU belt (by 5.11) I can only set it under loops once (sorry my English, not sure if I say it correctly), so the end of the strap hangs free.
    4. Non-elastic waist, but that's ok if size is chosen right.
    But still, most of the time I like wearing them.
    Been thinking about purchasing new Stryke Pants, but having Jean-Cut in dark navy and BH! LWs in khaki (every day wear), black (dirty work) and olive (outdoor)... I don't know =)

12. CasperEDC

CasperEDC Loaded Pockets

the older taclites were pleated below the front buckle loops, specifically the #74273 Men's TacLite Pro Pant. The new TacLite pants look to have slightly updated the look but they are still fugly and I wouldn't wear them over the Stryke pants...

13. brocktice

brocktice Empty Pockets

Just got my first pair a couple of weeks ago and I love them. No more expensive than any of my other pants either.

Posting from my phone, I blame all typos on Swype.

14. Cprrckwlf

Cprrckwlf Loaded Pockets

I've got an old taclite and a pair of Stryke that I bought when the Traverse I wanted were backordered for several months (they are finally in the mail). The taclite probably haven't been worn since getting the Stryke and those have been worn casually, into the office, hiking, and so on. As much use as they've gotten, and as much as I like them, I don't really find much about them that stands out beyond other pants on the market -- and a couple of things about them (the tunnel belt thing) I'd get rid of all together. I wear the 5.11, I like the 5.11, but if 5.11 didn't exist there wouldn't be some unfulfilled gap in my closet.

I am hoping for a better-for-me fit from the Traverse, but that's why I was going for them to begin with.

15. Makahbay

Makahbay Banned

Great "garage" or yard work pants.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

16. Joost Heijnen
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Joost Heijnen EDC Junkie!!!!!

Wearing my 5.11 TacLite right now. I like the pants, but they're a bit to baggy for my style..

17. Dilla

Dilla Loaded Pockets

They seem pretty tough...they just don't fit me right. The waist sits too high for me. My friends like them.

18. Americanozzy

Americanozzy Loaded Pockets

I've worn 5.11 taclite pro pants the last couple of years for work. Love 'em. Very comfortable and hard wearing, no shrinking or fading.

19. Anson

Anson Loaded Pockets

All I wear. I switch between the tactile pros and the covert cargo pant. I cut the cloth tabs off the zippers, and can wear the coverts to almost any function. The taclite pros are also my duty pant at the Fire Department. Most comfortable pant I've ever owned.

20. pawn

pawn Loaded Pockets

I have four pairs of 5.11 operator pants I bought back in 2009/2010. They've held up very well. Not necessarily the most fashionable of pants, but they're definitely well made.