1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any CZ-75 / 85 fans in the house?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by JonSidneyB, Dec 8, 2008.

1. mvelimir

mvelimir Guest

I have a CZ 75 P-07 Duty and I LOVE IT!!!
    Awesome gun, smooth trigger, accurate and I got it from Bud's Gunshop for $414 before price went up for almost $100!

2. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

LOVE my CZ-75B, most accurate auto I own except my Ruger MK2, better than my full size kimber in accuracy. I'm even happy with the trigger, its not as good as the Kimber but great considering its DA/SA.

3. Krustofski

Krustofski Loaded Pockets

A new child is due.

Got a third handgun license today. The permit reads "short firearm, self-loading, calibre 11.43 mm or smaller, approved for IPSC production division".

CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom. :D

"Gosh! A CZ 75, you say? Polymer frame, you say? 18 round magazine, you say? AWESOME!"

4. theotherphil

theotherphil Loaded Pockets

Nice! I shot the Shadow, Phantom and Tactical a couple of days ago and found the Phantom to be a real nice weapon. It seemed to have more recoil than the Shadow or Tactical using the same ammo, so I guess it's due to a lower mass. I preferred the Shadow so that's what I am gonna get...again for ISPC :)

5. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

im a huge fan of CZ! my first handgun i got was a 97-B, man i love it!

6. TempestV

TempestV Loaded Pockets

I'm another CZ fan. I love my CZ-75 in 9mm, but it's a little big for a fence post like me to carry concealed. I'm thinking about picking up the compact P-01 when I get CC license.
    Here it it is with my Strider/Surefire combo:
    [img width=480 height=640]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/tempestv/DSC00768.jpg[/img]

7. american lockpicker

american lockpicker Empty Pockets

I have a CZ-75B 9x19. Its a nice gun but its a bit heavy.

8. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

Jon,

Dont be lonely they are quality guns.

A fellow officer and I actually bought CZ-52's after an intellegence bulliten on the 7.62X25 on these going right throught body armor like butter. No buyers remorse.

Cliff

9. paustin

paustin Loaded Pockets

Unfortunately I no longer own any of my CZ handguns. My wife was let go from her company and I've had to sell some of my guns to make ends meet. I had a new CZ 85 9mm and a very old CZ 75 that still had the spur hammer. They were both excellent handguns and I would bet my life on them any day. I kind of thought of them as a double action hi-power. Ergonomics on the CZ's was outstanding and I still just have thing for a handgun made out of metal, just don't care for polymer. As soon as my financial situation straightens out I will be obtaining another one, except I want the new one in all stainless.

10. Lawyerman

Lawyerman Empty Pockets

Bought a really nice early 75 (pre AA imports, pebble grips) this weekend at the gunshow for $400. Had the box and two mags numbered to the gun. They are wonderful pistols, even Jeff Cooper said as much.

11. Brules

Brules Loaded Pockets

I have a TZ-75 and really like it. I also have a CZ52 and CZ70.

12. Krustofski

13. lefty556

lefty556 Loaded Pockets

I've got two of them, a 75 and a 75B. I bought the 75 about two years ago, and it' been flawless so far.

I've had the 75B for about ten years now. So far, it's chewed through around 60,000 rounds of 9MM. In that time, I've had five malfunctions, all of them due to dead magazine springs. It broke the slide stop at around 50K (the lever broke off of the pin). The pistol was still functional. I replaced it and kept on going.

The guys in the Czech Republic know a thing or two about building guns. The VZ58 is one of the most accurate AK clones out there. The 550 bolt action is one of the strongest Mauser-type actions around, and they have a reputation for being very accurate out of the box.

14. Sigsense

Sigsense Loaded Pockets

CZ's are like the Chevy 350's of the pistol world! I used to be a big Sig collector, but recently have fallin' in love with CZ's. Now have a 75B, SP01 Phantom and P01. They are very reliable!

15. Krustofski

Hahaha, yeah, I sold my Sig P226 last week. The CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom is just the far superior piece of sports equipment for my size-XL paws.
    Also, the .22 conversion kit absolutely rocks!

16. Sigsense

Sigsense Loaded Pockets

Have not sold the Sigs, and have a Sig Mosquito for .22 practice. will that .22 conversion work on any other CZ's?

17. Krustofski

On 75s (classic or SP-01 variants), yes. On other models: dunno, it's build for a slide constructed around an 120 mm barrel.

18. Jim Bell

Jim Bell Loaded Pockets

My first handgun was a Springfield P-9C; excellent weapon that I only sold as it was becoming an orphan. I tracked down the guy that I sold it to, only to find out that he had it stolen from his house.

Painful.

I am planning to sell a Sig 226 that I no longer want to defray the cost of a SP-01; I think I really need one...

19. dan20703

dan20703 Empty Pockets

I love shooting my P01. Great accuracy and 100% reliable.

20. In_The_Pitt

In_The_Pitt Loaded Pockets

I stumbled across the CZ brand quite by accident a few years ago, but I was stupid and didn't pull the trigger (so to speak) when I should have. Now the CZ 75 stainless that would have cost me $500 3yrs ago (less than a Glock) now costs $650. That sucks. I also wanted to get the CZ 452 with Mannlicher stock (I think I got the model number right). This is a case of where being a cheapskate is going to end up costing me a lot of money.