1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any CZ-75 / 85 fans in the house?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by JonSidneyB, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Underhill
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

Underhill Perpetually Hungry

I love my compact. I'd like to eventually replace it with a Sphinx though...
    Not sure where to even get them now that Sabre Defense is no longer importing them.

2. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I just saw an article featuring a SPHINX pistol chambered in .45 ACP. It was in one of the major gun rags, that I know.

Couldn't find any American importers on the Sphinx site, but if an American gun magazine is running an article on them, it's not out of the question that they should be available somehow.

If you've got enough dough to buy one, I'm sure you'll have the dedication to find one for sale! Them things are EXPENSIVE! :broke:

3. lambdadao

lambdadao Loaded Pockets

I have a nice CZ-75D PCR and a massive CZ-97. Both are shoot great and feel great in the hand. An SP-01 might be next on my list. I recommend them as top notch guns at very reasonable prices.

4. Hectorx

Hectorx Loaded Pockets

I own a CZ 75 clone, an EAA Witness in 9mil. I love the gun. I used a govt .45 in the Marines but I would never go back to one (but I might own one just for the nostalgia) after owning the EAA. I'd like to get the same gun in .40 or .45. Mine isnt as pretty as the CZs but it functions flawlessly after 10 years and a rough guess of 2k to 3k rounds through it. I'd like an accessory rail and night sights on it, but for $325 new with two mags it was a great deal.

5. 44Magpie

44Magpie Loaded Pockets

My nightstand gun.
    CZ-75B compact with 14 rounds of Corbon 9mm.

[​IMG]

6. mercop

mercop Empty Pockets

IMHO the CZ 75 is the most underrated model in the defensive pistol world.- George

7. knuckles

knuckles Empty Pockets

I purchased a 75 B " omega" a couple months back. It has run flawlessly . Gold dots, HSTs and fmj . I have a 75 c on the way, wich I plan to carry when possible in warmer weather. I have a collection of some very nice revolvers and autos and this gun has really grabbed me. It just works . It makes me want to go shoot it, train with it. Its like being in on a secret, owning a cz . Going to get more.

8. mercop

mercop Empty Pockets

For the most part mine has served as a house gun. Because of this thread I just ordered a holster and mag pouch from www.aircopcustomcarry.com.- George

9. snooky

snooky Empty Pockets

Im from the Philippines and I just bought a CZ75 Automatic a couple of months back. Its the select fire version of the CZ75B with an extended barrel and also comes with a small rail system below the lower receiver to accept the basepad of its magazine which would act as a front grip to assist the shooter when firing the weapon on full-auto. I got it with 2 25-round and 2 15-round magazines. Just came from the range today to finally try it out...its awesome! Imagine a truly compact machine pistol in a cz75 platform:)

10. snooky

snooky Empty Pockets

11. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Bump....CZ's need more exposure ;D

12. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

I was at the gun shop today, and just to kill some time while I was waiting for info on when the next conceal/carry permit class was, I looked at a used CZ-75 compact. Nice gun! I'd like to get a .45 for my next handgun, but this was a .40 (which I wouldn't mind since I already have a .40) but that may be a ways down the road unless I win the lottery/get a real job/sell more possessions. I'd like to find one of those sweet deals for this gun that everyone keeps talking about, but no luck yet...

13. powernoodle

powernoodle Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    CZ 75b .40 (left) and 9mm.

[img width=640 height=480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/powerpickle/july052008hilltopMedium.jpg[/img]
    Urban survival EDC.

14. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I went through a "phase" of getting a lot of Airsoft pistols (springers) and my absolute fave of these is a CZ-75! It just fits SO NICE in my rather large hand.

I've had to sell both my 9MM. S&W 469 and Astra A-80. Trying to survive until job starts up.

But when I'm able to purchase another gun (If the weasels in Washington don't screw THAT up) a CZ-75 is first up!

I like .45ACP best, but I ain't skeered of 9MM. Because the first rule in a gunfight is have a gun. But hits with a smaller caliber beat loud misses!

15. Krustofski

Krustofski Loaded Pockets

I absolutely love CZ. They just get things right. Indestructible, cheap, accurate, cheap, ergonomic, and cheap.
    The only reason I chose a Sig P226 over a CZ 75 back in the day was that the later is a good 100 g heavier. If my main consolidation had been IPSC, as of today, and not a hunting sidearm, I'd bought the CZ.
    It's on my wishlist on place 2, immediately after a Glock 17. If I was allowed to own more than two handguns, I'd get a CZ 75 9mm on the spot. But the way the situation is, I'd have to sell my Sig or my Rossi, and I'm not willing to do so. Meh, I have to think of a good reason to convince my officer in charge that I need a third and fourth handgun license. Ideas, anyone?

Hehe, funny how many Americans consider 9 mm a "small caliber". Has to be a culture thing, you know? Compared to us Euros: larger meals, larger cars, larger guns. No half-baked nonsense. Only seems consistent :laugh:

16. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Had a chance to hold a CZ-75B a few weeks ago at a gun shop near base. Now I want a CZ more than ever! :smitten:

17. harm-knifemaker

harm-knifemaker Loaded Pockets

i've been edc,ing a 75B since Dec '98,my 1st and only so far.
    i'm liking the SP01 shadow,and a few of the newer CZ's as well.besides Adam Tyc used the SP01 to win the production class 2 years in a row.

18. sanddragger28

sanddragger28 Empty Pockets

Great pistols but heavy!!!!! I had the SP01 one of my favorites out of all the 9mm I have had it ranks 2nd to my Sig 229 ELITE.

19. Relayer

Relayer Loaded Pockets

Big fan of CZ here. O0

I own a P-01. Reliable, sweet shooter, good value, good looking. What more can you ask for?

20. theotherphil

theotherphil Loaded Pockets

I've been messing with a few guns on the range this am and had a chance to fire the SP 01 Shadow, phantom and tactical CZ-75 amongst others. I must say that I am really impressed and really liked the Shadow - it was a nice weight, well built and fired great. It also fits my smaller hand much better than most others (I take a medium glove). It's next on my to buy list.