1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any CZ-75 / 85 fans in the house?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by JonSidneyB, Dec 8, 2008.

1. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Any CZ-75 / 85 fans in the house?

It just gets lonely being one of the only big fans of the CZ types in my own forum. lol :p

2. Seiko

Seiko Empty Pockets

I have a Eric Zinn custom 75 that I use for my limited gun in IPSC.
    Also have a eaa witness in 40 floating around in the gun safe some place.
    Got to love the Tanfoglio design. Kinda like the improved Hi-Power in my book.

p.s. if your that lonely there is always
    http://czechpistols82792.yuku.com/directory
    The factory actually responds to questions on that board!

3. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I have half a dozen Tanfoglio Witness frames :) with the heart hammer, and extended safety. Favorite caliber for those is 9x23

4. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Eric Zinn

I think he works with Angus Hornblin or something like that. They international IPDA competitive CZ shooter.

5. Seiko

Seiko Empty Pockets

Yeah I missed the boat on the 38 supers when they were super cheap 5 years ago. I should have snapped one up. Think J@G dealer price was under $200ish at the time. just drop in a 9x23 barrel and I would have been set.

I was going to take that 40, and turn it into something weird, either a 10 or a 9x25. Then reality hit, and I had a wide body caspian frame made into a 10mm and 9x25 barrel along with it.

Now you got me wanting a bren ten again lol.

Yep thats the guy. From the Ghost Holster company. Builds a nice pistol. The only real dedicated CZ guy I know of.

6. Kwisatz

Kwisatz Loaded Pockets

I have two of them. One 1st Gen "Gunsmith Cats" from 1976 and one 2nd Gen with the still rounded trigger guard.
    They are extremely popular over here in Germany for sport shooting and IPSC competition.
    They hold up and just don´t go out of style.
    I wish they were single stack as i don´t think the grip is as perfect as some of its fans claim.

7. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I don't have any CZ pistols as my centerfire autos tend to be Sigs and one lone Keltec P11 for real concealment. But I have used the 75 BD and would like to be comfortable with a 75 PCR (but its grip is a little short for my hand). The CZ 75 is perhaps the most ergonomic, fine shooting, accurate and elegant (except for inside finish) 9 mm's that I have ever used. I think the Cadet is one of the better .22 service type autos as well. After I get a pre-rail Sig p220, I think that the CZ 75 will be my next purchase.

8. russtang

russtang Loaded Pockets

I have a CZ75-B. It feels great in my hand, but due to circumstances, I haven't gotten to shoot it yet.

I think I will really like it.

9. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'm a bit surprised to see "Gunsmith Cats" mentioned, though I believe that was the series that introduced me to the CZ-75 (if not, then perhaps I saw it in "Janes Guns," but never looked into it further). First heard of the Mateba auto-revolver in "Ghost in the Shell," so... :rolleyes:

I'm a fan of the CZ-75. It's among my favorite 9mm pistols, along with the Browning Hi-Power and the late Heckler and Koch P7. I've held one a couple of times, and for a 15+1 capacity pistol, it sits very nicely in my small hands. The thought of running one with California-approved 10-round mags seemed too cruel, so I haven't purchased one...yet.

My only serious gripe about the design is that the slide/frame configuration leaves less area for the hand to grasp when racking the slide, and I wonder if the external extractor can be disturbed by hand-pressure during the process. Anyone have any difficulty manipulating the slide (especially if you slingshot the slide during reloads)? Can gripping over the extractor possibly cause a mis-feed when chambering a round?

I think a single-stack CZ-75 in .45 ACP would be sweet, by the way; the 97B is just too darn big (but the magazine capacity is right on)! And what's with that weird barrel bushing? :shrug:

10. adorable_harree

adorable_harree Empty Pockets

Count me in. For a decade I have avoided getting one, it being one of the most prolific guns/design pattern after the glock and the 1911 here.
    I've gotten myself a CZ-75B MIL two days ago and have found a new carry gun. Retired my beloved Smith 681 to the bedside loaded with .38Spl +P's.

Now I know the pull towards these guns, ergos and the utter reliability with any ammo. Plus in my neck of the woods, parts could easily be had (another reason why I quit carrying a BHP), plus it shot as well as my BHP with my prefered carry load-CORBON Powerball's.

I'll probably wear out the poly coating then refinish it in black chrome someday. Now what to name it? :)

11. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Loaded Pockets

I am a very big proponent of the CZ-75/85 series of pistols. I remember when I first became aware of them, back around 1980. At that time they were very rare in the U.S., being that they were made in one of those "evil" Warsaw Pact nations. The only 2 ways I knew to obtain one was 1) get one that had been imported through Canada, the cost on those was about $600, IIRC, that being a whole lotta change for a lowly A1C back then, and 2) getting stationed overseas where it was okay to buy one and import it for your personal use.

I did finally manage to get one, about 10 years later when I was stationed in Germany. I worked at the Rod & Gun on base, so I was able to get a pair of sequentially numbered CZ-75s & CZ-85s (without import markings), for around $300 each. I've fired one of each, maybe 500 rounds or so...and it's mate in both cases is still unfired, wrapped in the original oily plastic wrap.

I still prefer to carry my tried & true (and very "un-collectible") Glock 19/20/32.

Tim

12. Ricebrnr

Ricebrnr Loaded Pockets

Count me in. Have a 2004 vintage CZ 75b worked over by Mike Eagleshield.

Those in the know say it's got a great trigger. Also have the Kadet kit.

Love em and its my edc

13. _STL_15_

_STL_15_ Loaded Pockets

I love the shooting CZ's. They are flawless but personally I think they are very ugly guns.

14. SoloTwo

SoloTwo Empty Pockets

Bah sexy guns, much like the BHP's. :)

A 75BD is on my list, my long, long list. Well actually it is next on my list as my first metal framed 9mm. I REALLY want to like the SP-01 model, but I just think the light rail sorta ruins the great lines of the gun. I guess I'll just have to get both...

15. snooky

snooky Empty Pockets

Actually i just got a CZ 75 Automatic a few minutes ago from my brother's friend. It the select fire version of the CZ 75B with a small rail system in front of the trigger guard to accept the spare mag with a fitted base plate to slide onto the rail system making it a makeshift front grip. It came with 2 pcs 25-rounder and 2 pcs 15-rounder mags for a package price of $1,200. Here in the Philippines, we can have select fire weapons licensed to civilians with the option of concealed carry permit too:) I was never a CZ75 fan but the offer was too good to pass. Now im excited to bring it to the range.

16. Wasz

Wasz Loaded Pockets

I own a SP-01 the plans are to eventually get it to Angus and get it worked over to shoot USPSA with it. CZ's are great guns.

17. notmetalenough

notmetalenough Empty Pockets

I own an SP 01 Shadow and got to shoot it for the first time today. Gun is definitely better than I am, no question. Put a hundred rounds through it during my lunch break and can't wait to head back and put in a couple hundred more.

18. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I like to think that if Czechoslovakia hadn't been part of the Soviet Union, the CZ-75 might have been the pistol that succeeded the 1911 as the US military's next sidearm. I know I'd rather carry a CZ-75 than one of the giant Beretta M9s we're currently stuck with. Sure, the CZ doesn't have a decocker, but it's safety is actually where it's supposed to be (on the FRAME, Pietro! The FRAME! :slap: ), and it operates in the only acceptable fashion: UP for SAFE, DOWN for FIRE.

Also, the CZ-75 actually fits hands that aren't able to palm basketballs, and it can be carried in condition one. Just be careful when lowering the hammer manually! :)

19. notmetalenough

notmetalenough Empty Pockets

Well, in case anyone is thinking about one and really wants a decocker, both the SP01 and the 75B have a decocker variant; SP 01 Tactical and 75BD, respectively.

20. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

As a person with short fingers who loves light, consistent trigger-pulls, I pretend that automatic pistols with decockers don't really exist. Safety-less DA/SA autos that can't be carried in condition one are an answer in search of a problem, in my opinion. Trigger-finger discipline is cheaper, simpler and less detrimental to first-shot accuracy than a long, heavy DA pull right out of the gate.

I'd still probably take a decocking CZ over a Beretta M9, though, since the Beretta was apparently designed to fit the hands of Polyphemus' descendents. Is there a race of giants occupying Italy, or something? :rolleyes: