1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any cool USB flash drives out there?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Minion, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Tuirrenn

Tuirrenn Loaded Pockets

2. Zerv14

Zerv14 Loaded Pockets

I carry this 16GB Verbatim tuff-n-tiny USB drive on my keychain. I ditched the lanyard and put a pico gate clip on it to facilitate easy removal from my keys when I need to use it.

[​IMG]

So far its held up fine, as it is supposed to be waterproof and all that. Only time will tell, I guess. I will say that it is a huge improvement over the Sandisk Cruzer that I used to EDC on my keychain, mainly because the Verbatim's size makes it simply disappear when you don't need to use it.

3. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

I received a couple of those in 4GB capacity from B&H yesterday (only $7/ea) and can't believe how tiny they are. If these work out well for me over the coming weeks and months, I'll be buying more of them in larger capacities to keep stashed in various places. Looks like they are available in capacities up to 32GB currently.

4. blackfeathers

blackfeathers Loaded Pockets

+1 on the tuff n tiny (store n go) usb drives. they're so tiny you can keep them just about anywhere -in a wallet, or concealed in your edc of choice.

5. CADMAN

CADMAN Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Picked up at the Spyderco outlet store. Only problem is it is only 1gb.

6. willydigger

willydigger Loaded Pockets

I've read a lot of reviews with a poor rating for the Tuff-n-Tiny. How have yours held up? Specifically the reviews claim high failure rates and there are several complaints on several sites. I'd prefere to here from EDC users. The thin size appeals to me. It would fit perfectly in my leatherman pouch.

7. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

When going the DIY route you can make the coolest stuff!!! One warning, if you make something like this all your friends will want you to make one for them;
    [​IMG]
    Thats my DIY 8GB USB thumbdrive. Also comes with a bad joke, if people see this sticking out your laptop and ask you what that is you can answer 'thats wireless internet'.

8. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

LOL I like it.

9. NeonLights

No issues with mine to date. I have three of them, but they usually ride inside a mint tin or Maxped type pocket pouch, so they aren't subject to the kind of abuse that they would see if carried on a keychain.

10. willydigger

Thanks for the feedback. I've been on the fence for a couple weeks. Mine will be in the small slip pouch on my leatherman pouch so I don't expect any shock or housing issues.

Do you use the eject tool in the task bar or do you just pull it out?

11. NeonLights

Its about 50/50 for me. If I remember and am not in a hurry, I'll usually try to eject it before removing, other times I'll just wait until it is done transferring files and then remove it.

12. bud760
    • In Omnia Paratus

bud760 Loaded Pockets

super talent usb drives have been rock solid for me. got the one below for around $50 for 32GB which is a great deal to me

[​IMG]

13. Omning

Omning Loaded Pockets

I carry a 8gb lacie key on my keyring. Just another key to me. Found it at the apple store I think.

14. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

I got one of those as well..... great drive, nice and fast and pretty strong as well! Mine is scratched up like crazy but still works like new. I got the Iamakey;
    [​IMG]

15. KLF

KLF Loaded Pockets

I've had one of those Lacie keys in my keyring for a year now. Still works like new.

Just before christmas I bought couple Kingston DT SE9's. http://gadsta.com/kingston-datatraveler-se9-limited-edition-flash-drives/
    16GB in a small metallic case. Feels very sturdy but it got scratched by some tight usb port already. It was meant to be used anyways, so it doesn't matter.

16. mayhem

mayhem Empty Pockets

My Lacie ImaKey of ~ 1.5 years appears to have broke :(
    Getting all kids of i/o errors. Cosmetically it's fine, it is tough, dunno what's gone wrong.
    Need a replacement pronto, thought about the other options and am leaning towards the pico. FreeCom also have one out called data bar but don't know what it's made of.
    Great forum btw..

Seeya!

17. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

Saw these the other day at Rite-Aid, 4GB for $15 on clearance. Seems a lot for 4Gigs but perhaps not for the key configuration.

I have a bunch of thumb drives. I like the ruggedized Corsair for family documents backup. The rest are just drives, never had an issue with any of them, I usually just go for the max storage for the money and don't really care what they look like.

18. Opticon

Opticon Loaded Pockets

The lacie imakeys are rock solid, I just got a new one for christmas

19. willydigger

I opted for the Verbatim Tuff-n-Tiny. I found a Hong Kong retailer on eBay that had 8GB in Orange.

Store Link

20. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned