1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any Cool Keychain Tools?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by EraserDude, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Cornholio2188

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

Can't really go wrong with a philips machined into the tool, pry, and bottle opener in one. Only thing is it seems to be lacking some style (being completely subjective lol) and it is quite a bit larger than its competitors in width. My first tool was a shard, mind you-it is a great deal! Many people on the forum still edc one on a keychain despite having nicer tools-it's great to beat up, and for that reason it makes a ton of sense.

At first I couldn't justify even 55-70 bucks just for an Atwood, but it isn't until you actually feel one and see one up close when you see what the rage is. And same goes for the cheaper NAVY tools, TT tools, and Gecko Tools (at the forum store) which are pretty darn high quality for the cost.

The thing is, as time goes on (especially here in the forum), you'll find you spend lots. And when your tastes grow and/or change, you'll either have a bunch of cheaper tools or a few really expensive tools-but either way you're spending. Hehe.

So my advice is get one-can't go wrong. If you feel it's something you can't leave home without, you'll already have figured the value and made your money back in usage, and more than likely you'll be able to justify that 20 bucks on a tt pocket tool, then easily 60 bucks for an Atwood (or 5) ;).

or

If you feel like supporting the forum, check out JSBurlys which have some limited runs on tools I haven't yet gotten the privilege of getting myself, and these Great Classics.

2. Cornholio2188

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

3. OreoGaborio

OreoGaborio Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I've seen a lot of talk about those. I like em.

4. 5280xdmguy

5280xdmguy Loaded Pockets

I just got my Shard yesterday. Played with it a little last night and so far I'm loving it!!

Cornholio2188 likes this.
  5. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Original ARC AAA on my key ring as a last ditch light! Lithium AAA in it so it will work when needed!
    SAK Classic SD on my key ring, primarily for the scissors. Also last ditch knife blade.

For what I do and do not do in my daily life I do not carry bottle opener, pry bar or the like.

My clipped in right front OHO Knife is about MY most important tool....

6. Getahl

Getahl Loaded Pockets

Alox Classic is available in normal production. Alox MiniChamp or Rambler if you can find them. If you want the tweezers and toothpick, get a keychain sheath for the cellidor version. Mine fall out if I don't put if I don't sheath my Classic. Anywhere from $10-$50, depending on what you like.
    Sliver gripper tweezers. Flat, and superior to SAK tweezers. $8 I think?
    Fenix E01...simple, single AAA light for $10ish.
    Fox 40 flat whistle. Or a flat titanium one. Forget what I paid for my Fox 40, but it's loud.
    Nail clippers. So many uses, and legal everywhere. Choose your poison.

7. HybridMomentsPass

this sounds like me.
    i have two keys (car and house, just incase power is out), keyfob, small light, and PS4
    Thats it. basic. Does the job.

Leatherman PS4 is great.

8. Bobbradley

Bobbradley Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    cool things on the cheap gerber shard, craftsman flathead tool, or a good knife sharpener!!!

aldo_vic_t likes this.
  9. aldo_vic_t

aldo_vic_t Loaded Pockets

I've got the same craftsman flathead too. But i couldn't stand the plink plink sound it made when on my keychain. Took it off and put in in my edc pouch instead.

10. Lemonbrah
    • In Omnia Paratus

Lemonbrah Loaded Pockets

Shard is definitely your best bet for overall bang for your buck. A 58mm Victorinox, or a Leatherman PS4 will serve you just as well. I used to carry a PS4 but never used the pliers so I slimmed it down with a Vic classic.

11. OreoGaborio

I was rocking the Vic Classic & Gerber Shard for a few months. Ended up with a Leatherman Style CS and it replaced them both. Love it! May get the PS for air travel.

Only downside is I really love my Vic Classic.... and now it's just sittin on a shelf. :(

12. dalewa

dalewa Loaded Pockets

13. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

that little plunger is great, i cant stop laughing and it is a great idea too.

14. ketchupgun

ketchupgun Loaded Pockets

I've had a LM squirt PS4 and a Fenix EO5 + a microscopic LOL 8GB USB on my keys for the last year and I have not changed them..ever. I love that combo.

15. JustinJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

JustinJ Loaded Pockets

Leatherman micra - this gets almost daily use. I think i've worn out the springy on the spring-loaded scissors over the years, but it still works so well I haven't bothered to replace it. the knife keeps a nice edge, the little tweezers and screwdrivers come in handy, and it is small/cute/inconspicuous enough to not raise any eyebrows if used in public.

16. Kones

Kones Loaded Pockets

How bout the Leatherman Brewzer? Cheap and nicely made

[​IMG]

17. KOKUSHI MUSOU

KOKUSHI MUSOU Loaded Pockets

Also, since people are already talking about the Shard here, I'd like to say that it's really great for getting the bayonet off your Mosin Nagants.

maverickmonk likes this.
  18. maverickmonk

maverickmonk Loaded Pockets

My M38 didn't come with a bayonet, oh darn.

Now, if you can show me a pocket tool that helps you get the bolt open after going through a few dozen rounds, THEN I'll be impressed beyond belief! Those things get TIGHT when they're hot!

I've got a shard on the way, although I'd love an atwood, I can't justify the price, they cost more than my knife! But they do look so very well made...

19. OreoGaborio

Decided to sand one of my shards (I bought a handful to give out as gifts... had two left over). Left it unpolished with a bit of black remaining on the edges for a "tarnished" brushed look. I dig it.