1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any chance of an Oklahoma lunch get together?...

Discussion in 'Trade Shows & EDCF Gatherings' started by PREPLAN, Feb 2, 2014.

1. PREPLAN

PREPLAN Loaded Pockets

Maybe meet in Tulsa?

2. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Not enough time and I would have to ride a bicycle to it.

It is too cold for a 100 mile bicycle ride.

3. PREPLAN

PREPLAN Loaded Pockets

Sounds like you need to add a car key to your EDC.

4. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I have not been able to afford a car for years. In 2006 I had a van, a pickup truck, a convertible. and a motorcycle. I have not had a motorized vehicle for many years.

5. PREPLAN

PREPLAN Loaded Pockets

I must say, you've made me curious as to your story. As I familiarize myself to this forum, I know less than more about you and how this forum came together. You're not native to Oklahoma are you? That was one reason a "meet" would have been interesting. I've met with members of watch forums over the years, but never with the creators of those forums. For some reason, I find myself fascinated by the process that gives birth to a forum and the person and/or people behind it. And this particular forum is more interesting to me than any of the others. As much as I enjoy the topic of EDC, it seems harder to explain the "joy" that comes from it. People seem to understand the "love" of watches, without any explanation. On the other hand, EDC seems to need an explanation. And the funny part is, EVERYONE to some degree, has something they EDC. Not everyone wears a watch...

I hope we can have lunch sometime, I'd like to get to know you better and learn the history behind the forum.

6. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Actually I am from Oklahoma but bounced around a lot.

I used to bounce between living with my Grandmother in Oklahoma to living with my Father all over the place. My family has all passed away but were from Dewey county Oklahoma.

7. PREPLAN

PREPLAN Loaded Pockets

What kind of work do you do? I spent over 25 years in the fire service. I'm retired for about 3 years now.

And where did your interest in putting together the forum come from?

8. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I have to take a short nap. I pulled an all nighter.

I am a store owner that had one long before the forum opened.

The forum came from me being involved in three unrelated things at the same time and I was carrying more than I would like to have. I also was going from urban back to rural daily. I created the forum originally to talk about managing the carry of a lot of items in an urban setting though I was rural most of my life. It changed into a gear forum on it's own.

Starting the forum had a negative impact on my business, creating two things took away come capital, opening the forum destroyed my revenue.

9. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I know it is hard to explain but that is pretty hard for me to pull off. There is one person that wants me to go to her place for dinner once a week and I cannot do it. I went on a date with someone else and that really put me in a bind time wise. I am not able to lose a full day without it having a negative impact on me.

10. PREPLAN

PREPLAN Loaded Pockets

I'm sorry you can't get away, I never realized a forum could have such a negative impact on someones personal life. I had assumed that it was more of a hobby than a full time job. You should really try and "make the date", a home cooked meal makes everything better!

Enjoy your nap. I'm off to OKC for the day.

If there's ever something you need from Tulsa or OKC, let me know. I spend time in both places.

11. PREPLAN

PREPLAN Loaded Pockets

I'm sorry to hear that.

12. PREPLAN

PREPLAN Loaded Pockets

WOW! You must be in great shape!