1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any CERT Members Here ?

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by V a a m Y o b, Jul 29, 2009.

1. V a a m Y o b

V a a m Y o b Loaded Pockets

2. wenestvedt

wenestvedt Loaded Pockets

I looked into it for my town, and the email bounced. So I looked for the Rhode Island state-level contact and that email bounced, too. *shrug* Seems to me like it was just a gambit to scrape up DHS grant money about five years ago that was left to die when the money dried up. :7(

- Will

3. greyhound352

greyhound352 Loaded Pockets

I got certified 2 months ago. I just found out here in Florida their is a free advance course in Palm Beach, Florida with free lodging and food, but I will be on vacation and can't attend.

4. Kardolf

Kardolf Loaded Pockets

Not there yet, but class starts in September. I have talked about doing this for almost 10 years, so I'm glad I finally bit the bullet and am looking forward to the class. Gone through most of the online course already as prep, even though it was never mentioned in my registration materials.

5. V a a m Y o b

V a a m Y o b Loaded Pockets

I took the course and joined the local county team a few years ago.
    Pretty useful information, the most important being what not[/] to do.

6. greyhound352

greyhound352 Loaded Pockets

Just got in a few hours ago from advance C.E.R.T. training in the northern part of my state, a three day event.

This academy will teach advanced skills for existing CERT members. There were classes in communications, team building, land navigation, and many others. After learning these lessons, the participants will get an opportunity to test their skills in full scale exercises in mass casuality incidents.

Had a great time and recommend this training to all C.E.R.T. members, if available in their area.

7. TomInOregon

TomInOregon Loaded Pockets

I took the training (I think) 4 years ago. That led me to get my Ham Radio license. It also convinced me to follow through and become a volunteer firefighter. Then, the opportunity came along to become an EMT-Basic and cover shifts on the ambulance. I am technically still a CERT member, but there's no way I have time to respond as CERT anymore since I will either be going somewhere on a fire engine or staffing either an ambulance or makeshift medical building.

Tom

8. FRagman1967

FRagman1967 Loaded Pockets

Became CERT on July 4, 2006. Tucson Arizona. I have enough stuff in the bed of my truck to tear down a house, put out a fire, fill a pot hole in the road, fix up an accident victim or pull your kids out of a stream. There's a cooler back there too, for when you thank me with beer.

9. WoodMotorsports

WoodMotorsports Loaded Pockets

I tried to join a couple years ago and found there wasn't one local to me. Then, last week I got a letter in the mail that was sent to local HAM operators to join, so I turned in my application. Waiting to hear back from them now.

10. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

There's a group local to me that I was thinking about joining back in October. How useful is the training?