1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any CAD files for Ka-Bar/becker handles?

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by tal-c, Feb 11, 2014.

1. tal-c

tal-c Loaded Pockets

I've been searching after a CAD model of the Becker (BK2, BK4 and so on) handles, so I could laser-cut plastic or thin wood liners for them.
    I'm on the verge of modeling one myself, But if anyone has them, i'd like to know! ;)

If the modeling will go well, and the final product will fit nicely, I'll upload the link the the CAD files.

2. tal-c

tal-c Loaded Pockets

If anyone is interested - I've modeled and uploaded a 2D CAD file for the Becker handle liners. I haven't laser-cut it yet, but printing it on paper shows it pretty accurate. I'll upload some pics when I'll get around to cutting it.

EDIT: the forum won't let me post a direct link (domain not approved or something like that), but if you'll google "grabcad ka bar liner", you'll get the proper link on the first hit. I know this method is a bit messy... maybe one of the admins could post the link for me.

3. tal-c

tal-c Loaded Pockets

Just in case someone IS interested... I've printed the liners with a 3D printer. I'm pretty happy with the result:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ippon likes this.
  4. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Loaded Pockets

That looks sharp! Thanks for sharing!

5. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Loaded Pockets

Looks real nice. I wonder if there's a glow-in-the-dark material available for 3D printing, whoever does it first will get lots of orders.

6. tal-c

tal-c Loaded Pockets

There is a GITD filament for printing, but unfortunately I only have white, blue and semi-clear filament.
    The costs are practically nothing, and I hope someone would take your idea to the next level and offer colored liners to all of us... although, knowing the works, it will probably have a price tag of 49.99 a pair. ;)

The quality didnt came out as good as before, but this is the blue version that I think would look awesome with the micarta aftermarket handles:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by tal-c, Apr 7, 2014