1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any Baltimore area EDCF members?

Discussion in 'Trade Shows & EDCF Gatherings' started by MOD-u-LAR, Oct 7, 2013.

1. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

And if so would anyone like to get together at the Double T Diner on route 40 sometime and show off bags and blades and such? I'll say no guns, but anything else should be fine in public. If we get enough people we can get a private-ish booth.
    I just think it would be cool to see other people's kit in real life. Don't get me wrong I love the Forums but being able to touch a bag/knife/pry tool would be great fun. Not to mention french fries and gravy.
    If anyone is interested post it up.

2. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

They used to have an awesome crab stuffed flounder. If you had a bad cook, it would be swimming in butter, but besides that, lots of good times up there at the Double-T.

I wouldn't want to be passing a lot of knives around up there, either. That's liable to bring the popo as well.

3. Greco
    • In Omnia Paratus

Greco Loaded Pockets

I'm in Eldersburg, which is close. I've been to that Double-T many times. If there ever is a get together let me know.

I'm looking forward to spring... I've found great stuff at garage sales/flea markets on the cheap.

4. usmchawk

usmchawk Loaded Pockets

I'm in the Crofton area. Let me know if something get's set up. I agree with DBR, I don't think the diner is a good spot to be passing around tactical gear - the regular patrons would be scared.

DBR likes this.
  5. Omega Man
    • In Omnia Paratus

Omega Man Loaded Pockets

Northern Md checking in, that's not an obsured trek for me. Maybe when hamfest season come around I could use that as an excuse to try a get together like that. I could bring along some flea market finds and stuff for trading as well.

6. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Yep, they give you a crummy knife that you have to smash your way through something with, but it is a knife, but people want to have a certifiable conniption over a pocketknife. The Assault Poptart Incident was right in Brooklyn Park, don't you know. This place is just about beat.

7. takedown2

takedown2 Empty Pockets

I'm in Annapolis and don't see Double T even knowing what is happening unless someone complains. Had to use a Random Task to cut a steak there once since their knife was worthless. The trooper working there for security gave me a strange look until I showed him the steak knife sucked. He laughed and went back to work.

8. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Route 40W or Ritchie and Mountain Rd.?

9. ausgebombt

ausgebombt Loaded Pockets

FYI I have been asked "leave that in the car" when the security guy saw my pocket knife clip at the Double T on 40. Very cordial about it but they definitely aren't knife friendly.

10. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

The diner has a "security guy" ?!? :eek:

Waiting on the metal detector and X-ray machine next.

[​IMG]

ATB,
    Sam

11. ausgebombt

Well this was 2 a.m. on a saturday so it was a lot of people in there soaking up alcohol with gravy. Still a very nice place though with awesome disco fries!

12. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Guess I was just taken aback because the last few diners I frequented were 24 hour establishments and there was never any security checks. Maybe it's because it was a smaller town and the diner had lots of "regulars" either coming in from bar closings or just getting off a work shift.

The general attitude was pretty much: "Don't Start Nothing, Won't Be Nothing" (@0:37).

ATB,
    Sam

13. ausgebombt

Haha well the Double T on 40 is not exactly in a great area and there are certainly some ne'er-do-wells in there late at night. But the general attitude does seem "Don't start nothing, wont be nothing.... but yes please leave your knife in the car."

14. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

We could all go to Pimlico on a monday afternoon when it's dead and drink whiskey, look at knives, smoke cigars and bet on horses?

15. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I moved your thread to the EDCF Gatherings Forum:)