1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Another Streamlight, Protac 2LX.

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by addictedhealer, Oct 1, 2017.

1. addictedhealer

addictedhealer Loaded Pockets

Just picked up another Streamlight. This makes the 8th light I have purchased from them. Two of the micro tiny lights I no longer use. One the batteries busted, my fault and the other is a keychain light and I don’t need it in my edc.

The Protac 2LX is about the perfect size. I have carried the stylus before and it’s decent for the size and price. I stopped everyday carrying a light when I put a TLR-6 on my edc Kahr CW9. A while back I switched my everyday carry gun from the TLR6 equipped Kahr for a M&P9c in fde.

After the gun change I wanted to edc a light again. My stylus turned into a tool bag dedicated light. The Protac HL I have has a rather large bezel and wasn’t comfortable. That led me to this recent purchase Protac 2LX.

The 2LX pumps out 500 lumens with a decent run time on two CR123 batteries. I really like CR123 for output and shelf life. They can get expansive though when you have as many lights that I do that uses them especially a edc light. I’m thinking about buying Streamlights proprietary reachable battery that takes the place of CR123 and has a little longer run time also.

So far I’m digging this light, the size is perfect and the output is right where I want a edc light. I’ll keep everyone posted as I plan on beating the :censored: out of this light. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twin63 and M24shooter like this.
  2. Cityus

Cityus Loaded Pockets

Honestly I bought the thrunite 18650 powerbank that comes with the battery. It was roughly 20 dollars on amazon and I can't seem to drain this battery. I highly recommend!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

addictedhealer likes this.
  3. Cityus

Cityus Loaded Pockets

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

4. Tusk

Tusk Loaded Pockets

I've had this light for several months now, it's nice. Just FYI, the light will work with any protected 18650, you're not restricted to the Streamlight's battery.

addictedhealer likes this.
  5. pjm106262

pjm106262 Loaded Pockets

its hard not to love streamlights. Why dont you add a TLR-6 to the M&P 9C?

HardToHandle likes this.
  6. addictedhealer

addictedhealer Loaded Pockets

I’m waiting to see if Streamlight comes out with a light that compares to the XC1 and the APLc. If they don’t here soon I might but since I carry a decent EDC light idk if I will. Plus I just don’t feel like buying another holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. marilynmonbro

marilynmonbro Empty Pockets

You might already know this, but Streamlight is announcing a compact wml at shot show

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

8. Bladerunner337

Bladerunner337 Loaded Pockets

Looks similar in form/size to the Protac 1L-1AA i picked up last year. It replaced a 6yr old Protac 1L that I lost..but I like the higher output spec'd on the 2L-x.

I have the SOG 750 Dark Energy, but it's a bit large for EDC and stays in my Moab6 bag as a backup. Looking forward to see how it holds up :)

9. pjm106262

pjm106262 Loaded Pockets

the inforce aplc and xc1 is still too large for the mp9c though. I bought a aplc for my glock 19 and love it. I too cannot wait for the same thing offered by streamlight since all my other weapon light are streamlights.

on the holster front, i understand. If you need a new holster check out my instagram page showcasing the holsters i make: @pmactac