1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

another one of those :censored: "help me pick" posts

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by rabidchicken, Jul 13, 2011.

1. rabidchicken

rabidchicken Loaded Pockets

I have decided it is about time to move on from my old xenon bulb surefire G2 to a modern led light. I have 3 lights narrowed down, but keep going back and forth. They are the Jetbeam III M, Fenix TK12, or Olight M20 warrior.

Of the three, which would (wouldn't) you pick and why?

2. Ken_B

Ken_B Empty Pockets

3. rabidchicken

I had thought about that and will probably upgrade it, but I want something new and metal.

4. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

Skip those three and get an HDS light. The 120 lumen Executive is $99 and built like a tank. If I had to pick out of those three, all of which I don't think are quite as good as they should be for the price, I'd go with the Olight.

5. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

I have been looking into 18650 lights today. All three lights you listed have caught my eye but I got one that I keep going back to that is not on your list a Zebralight sc60 300 lumens and lots of levels to set [​IMG] I am going to do some more looking but the Zebralight is the next light for me:) 69.00 I wish I was more help. Or any help to you at all after rereading my post ;)

6. cubegleamer

cubegleamer Loaded Pockets

Funny, I was looking at the same 3 lights some months back (Jetbeam III M, Fenix TK12 & the Olight M20 warrior). I settled on the Jetbeam III M (XM-L). It an amazing light. Solid as a rock. A 450 Lumen light for $84 with a ton of modes that are easy to set. I got the aggressive crenulated bezel to go with it. I like that HDS light too and I'm sure I'll add one of those to my collection soon. Check out this video. They throw it in a pool, run it over with a van, set it on fire, throw it off a 3 story building then shoot it with a shotgun. I think it's an excellent flashlight for the price.

[video=youtube;xX7Lwkdka-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX7Lwkdka-8[/video]

7. cubegleamer

cubegleamer Loaded Pockets

Here's a shot of mine.
    [​IMG]

8. rabidchicken

I have quickly realized one light isn't going to fit my needs. I just ordered a Fenix PD31 for edc on eBay for $60 shipped. I will be adding a larger light in the near future. I am thinking Quark Turbo.

9. Ken_B

Ken_B Empty Pockets

I think you may have caught the "bug." :smitten:

Ken

10. rabidchicken

Yup, at least it is cheaper than my other obsessions.