1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Another Heated Debate About EDC...

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by rhazkhal, Sep 21, 2011.

1. rhazkhal

rhazkhal Loaded Pockets

2. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

Reading the comments (on that site & the BB page that is linked to on that page) makes me want to reach through my computer & smack each & every one of them upside the head.

If I could find it seeing as they are suffering from "headus upus rectomus".

3. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

The internet is full of people who think everybody should be the same as them and aren't shy to say it out loud. You know the drill, "because I don't need a knife/gun/flashlight, nobody needs one". On this forum, it's sometimes the reverse as well, e.g. some people seem to think everyone should carry a gun and say so to anyone who doesn’t. You can go a bit too far in both directions.

But the nice thing about EDCF is that we are usually more tolerant of what other people choose to carry (or not to carry). Somebody carries five knives? Well, if s/he wants to, why wouldn’t s/he? If some other people can go about their daily lives without a single knife, good for them as well.

Balance and moderation are always excellent virtues, but sometimes it’s just so much fun to go for overkill. Now excuse me, I’ll go carefully lay out my shurikens and micro grappling hook.

4. A.D.D.i.c.t.

A.D.D.i.c.t. Loaded Pockets

5. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I completely agree with you, I too would like to smack them in the head. To me it apearred as if the person writing the piece hasn't explored this forum to even comment on it.

6. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

7. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Three clicks on the "next" button takes you to the dude in the pink tie.

One the plus side, he EDCs what looks like a nice Case Trapper. The dugout . . . Not so much.

8. rhazkhal

rhazkhal Loaded Pockets

Till now I'm still speechless after reading that thread, that's why I figure I might as well share it to people who actually understood what we're all about...

9. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

um.....wow

Brings up the old addage, "It takes All kinds to make the world go round."
    I suppose we are all entitled to Our own opinion.

10. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

On the BB thread that they link to, is this comment:

I am still trying to figure the reasoning behind this one.

11. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

Those "men" are going to be some of the first to scream and cry like women when society fails and they figure out government won't protect them like they always were lead to believe.

12. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

Indeed

13. DrChimRichalds
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

DrChimRichalds Loaded Pockets

Well said. I especially agree with the first two sentences. I didn't even bother going through most of those comments because I knew I'd become almost immediately annoyed with those who stupidly oppose people who EDC.

I enjoyed looking through those, even though I can't stand hipsters. I like how they did one for the cat as well, haha.

14. toasterburn

toasterburn Loaded Pockets

Always baffles me when someone is surprised and shocked to find out that people carry knives, and then go on to say that knives useless in the modern world. What?! I've already used mine twice today.

15. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

I don't really care what people think of me or what I have in my pockets. I keep multiple knives on, or around me daily. Each has a distinct use. For example, I use my fixed blades for cutting food, and I use my folders for utility. (cutting tape/packaging)
    For someone to say that they don't understand why people would need or want to carry a knife on them is plain stupid, and by stupid I mean by definition. Just because YOU don't need a knife, it doesn't mean someone ELSE doesn't need to keep one (or more) with them. Not understanding that plain fact makes them stupid.

I don't carry a handgun (or own one for that matter) but that's not saying that I don't understand why some people need to keep a handgun with them. While I don't own guns, I regularly go to the range and use them so that I'm trained in how to properly and safely use them should I need to. This is what I call being prepared. When it comes to items you have, carry, or use it always comes down to being trained and able to use it. I don't carry anything I can't use or don't need. Does that mean I need everything I carry all the time? Nope.. I just don't want to be out somewhere and need something and be without it.

The people on BB and that other board all have opinions, it's great that they express them, it's what makes this country great. The only problem with people opening their mouths is that by doing so, they let us all know how uneducated they are, and relieve us of the responsibility of wondering...