1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anonymous Declares War on United States Government

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Beneficial, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Beneficial

Beneficial Loaded Pockets

Thoughts?

[video=youtube;jAaCZWQndqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAaCZWQndqA[/video]

2. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

And people that shop at army surplus scare them?

3. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

4. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

nice video. now anyone that argues against these outrageous new internet laws will be labeled a revolutionary.

5. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Interesting!

6. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

Like the man said "People should not be afraid of their governments, Governments should be afraid of their people."

7. c.southers

c.southers Loaded Pockets

ron paul 2012

8. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

Definitely

9. firefly.serenity

firefly.serenity Loaded Pockets

Ehh. You would think that a group so bent on overthrowing the United States government would be more original. All of this Occupy stuff with the masks from "V," well, I think that it kind of destroys their credibility a bit. I mean, hey, I'm all about a big healthy dose of revolution once in a while, but it seems like all Anonymous wants to do is live out a movie script. There was this film called "Jarhead" from earlier in the decade where a bunch of Marines coasted into Iraq, and all of the choppers were playing the songs from Apocalypse Now. One of the marines said something like "wait, we're replaying the songs from Vietnam? Why can't we have our own soundtrack?"

C'mon, Anonymous, instill fear with a cooler logo. And don't play movie clips - it makes you seem childish.

10. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Loaded Pockets

Isn't Anonymous a direct product of 4chan?

11. kc0cat

kc0cat Empty Pockets

Interpol arrested 25 members of Anonymous in Europe and South America over the last couple of days. Their ages ranged from 17-40. They are not invincible. I remember when I was 19 or 20 years old, knew everything including what was best for this world, only it was the 60's and 70's and I didn't have a stage like the internet to play out my beliefs. When I was 20 I was in the Marines and was just starting my second tour in VN. Being a Marine I was going to go over there to personally vanquish the heathens that had killed friends. Looking back I only now understand both what an idiot I was and what 40 years of experience just being on this earth will do to mold and test your beliefs.

That was fast...just read an article about Anonymous crashing the Interpol site today. tit for tat...

12. firefly.serenity

firefly.serenity Loaded Pockets

Here's a great line: when I was 16, I thought that my father knew absolutely nothing. When I was 26, I was really surprised at how much he had learned in 10 years. :)

I was an idiot when I was a teenager. Now, in my 30s, I know that. What will I think of this time when I am in my 50s? Do we know ourselves at all? Do we know anything at all? Where's an epistemologist when you need one?

13. Beneficial

Beneficial Loaded Pockets

Anonymous just took down a crapload of child :censored: sites indefinitely. Kudos to them.

14. dimeotane

dimeotane Loaded Pockets

who made it?

I was thinking, who made this? Obviously not everyone who has participated in 'anonymous' contributed to this decision. I doubt a vote was taken that included every member of 'anonymous'? So who made this video, and has made the decision that 'anonymous' is declaring war? Some single person who loves V for vendetta and has movie editing software? I'm not confident that the leaderless collective of 'anonymous' upholds the values of democracy.... they're quite anarchist.

Our goverments may be riddled with problems, and the system is often thought to be 'broken'. The National Defense Authorization Act is just one more scary example of government out of control. I do comprehend a lot of what anonymous is trying to take direct action against.

But in some ways it is self fulfilling, to publicly declare war means members who take direct action and are caught will likely be treated more harshly with this stated intent to overthrow the government. In history, power mongers have often "created a crisis" in order to justify harsh measures against the population. Who knows, maybe this video was made by NSA or CIA to escalate and flush out the prey.

Anonymous in the early fall of 2011 said that it would be necessary for some people to suffer while accomplishing their revolutionary goal of change. When you start thinking that way 'for the good of the collective'... I'm worried these people have already forgotten the lessons of the past century.

“If You Want to Make an Omelet, You Must Be Willing to Break a Few Eggs.” — Lenin

15. Makahbay

Makahbay Banned

Fixed it for ya.

16. mikeclay

mikeclay Empty Pockets

yeah.. Anon is out of 4chan... and they played Tribal wars with 20k users strong..

As a former network security guy.. this is scary that a org like them would do this..

so 25 get arrested... they are thousands strong. and some of them are very talented..