1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Announcement: new Mako Flood 1xAAA run being offered

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by coyote, Jan 7, 2012.

1. coyote

coyote Loaded Pockets

custom maker Endeavour has just announced a new limited run of 75 titanium Makos in a his extremely rare flood design.

anyone interested needs to jump on this.

HERE is the link.

and if you wish to know why this flashlight is so :censored: special, HERE is a thread over at CPF that i posted about it in June.

thought you'd all want to also see a pix of a mako next to other 1xAAA lights:

Arc - Sapphire - Mako
    [​IMG]
    (my photo)​

ps- if i broke any rules in any way by posting this info, my apologizes. no harm intended. and i have no businesses ties with this product, except that i own one, love it, and personally want one of the new ones!

2. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

very nice light. wish i had the funds to support my Ti addiction.

3. MJGEGB

MJGEGB Loaded Pockets

I can appreciate your philosophy on flashlights though I tend to lean toward a simple single cell 3 level light with a power led but then again I haven't had issues with any of my lights so far. Same thing goes for my pocket knives the slim easy to carry knife is the on you will carry the most and the one you will have. I won't have funds for this any time soon. But I may need to give the Arc aaa another look.

4. coyote

coyote Loaded Pockets

i haven't been as lucky as you: i've had way too many lights fail on me over the last 60 years (including have owned hundreds and hundreds of 1xAAA models, which are "my thing"). and the ratio hasn't changed all that much with modern high-tech 3-stage LEDs either, except that those :censored: old bulbs don't burn out anymore.

for everyday use i too carry brighter single-cell multilevel LED lights, but for true survival uses, i want two things: dependibility and runtime, and this is where the mako shines (pun intended). it is designed to work after everything else has given up the ghost.

fyi - if anyone is interested in one, it was just posted that half the run has been reserved already....

5. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

A cool light with a great UI, made by a excellent guy, what's not to love ?
    I won't buy one, but would happily grab another Aeon (especially in TI) Enrique is great to deal with, and the Aeon is amazingly made, perfect machining, and so smooth to operate, I believe this one would be the same

6. coyote

coyote Loaded Pockets

well said!

fyi - if you buy a mako flood, you can get a discount on another Aeon too. win-win. here's what he said in the mako thread:

"...To anyone who reserves a Mako I will also extend a $25 discount and free shipping to an Aeon purchase – simply send a PayPal payment for $100 (normally $125) to the same address as above with the subject “Aeon-Mako Order”. Aeons typically ship out in 2-3 weeks, and only natural hardcoat ones are available (See www.muyshondt.net/aeon.shtml for more information on the Aeon)...."

7. coyote

coyote Loaded Pockets

now's the time - they're just about all gone, if you've been considering one...

8. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

Hmmmm, spending 150 on a shiny new bombproof TI light I don't need, to get a discount on another Aeon I don't really need.
    Might be tough to justify, especially to the financial controller (wife)

9. coyote

coyote Loaded Pockets

a man has to do what a man has to do :)

10. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I tried, she said no.

Will try again next week

11. coyote

coyote Loaded Pockets

beg her better!

why? because enrique just said the new Floods will be a neutral warm around 4500K (instead of the original cool 9000K), which means the remaining available units should be gone in no time!!!!

12. coyote

coyote Loaded Pockets

dupe post