1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

And we're back - zlindee's post-film school edc

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by zlindee, Aug 7, 2014.

1. zlindee

zlindee Loaded Pockets

Well I suppose I owe a bit if an explanation; I showed up here in 2012 after lurking for a bit and participated in only a handful of threads before going AWOL for the last two years. Then, a couple of months ago I landed back here and began lurking once more. I've been meaning to start posting but hadn't found the time... until now.

Thanks to an injury at work and the resulting downtime, I present my post film school edc. I'll be trying tomlog changes etc here and I'm sure I still have a lot to learn from you all.
    TL;DR

08/05/2014 On-Person Work Carry
    [​IMG]

This is my typical work carry.
    G-Shock on my wrist and a pouch on my belt (sometimes this Leatherman pouch, others, my skinth OG). That's a Leatherman wingman below the watch, modified to add the lanyard ring from a LM Sidekick.
    The knife is a Gerber but I'm not sure which model. Its assisted open, with a combo edge and button lock.
    And on the end is a cheap (sub $10) AAA flashlight that I picked up a couple of weeks back. It's an Outback Ripper I believe and it puts out 30+ lumens.

So thus begins my second foray into edc. Questions and comments are welcomed and appreciated.

microbe, brand0n, thePlumbah and 5 others like this.
  2. zlindee

zlindee Loaded Pockets

After 3 days of being stuck at home, it was nice to get out of the house tonight and see a movie with the family. It was also nice to load up the pockets once more.

08/09/2014 - MOVIE NIGHT CARRY
    [​IMG]

The light is the AAA Outback Ripper. I really do like this light. It's got a slim profile but it's long enough to be operated comfortably in my large-ish hands.

The SAK was a gift from my father (thus the FoP tag). It needs to be sharpened, and the scissors are crap but it does the job. Plus a SAK rarely turns heads when you pull it out to open the bag of candy at the theater.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see is got quite a lot of tools (plus 5 more not deployed in the picture), and I haven't used half of them. I may pick up something a little more basic in the near future. Time will tell.

The watch is my "classy" watch, when I feel like looking nice. It's a self winding mechanical watch that was given to me last Christmas. I love mechanical watches, but they're quite a lot more delicate than my G-Shock, so this one only sees wear when I foresee no manual labor. Here's a close up of the watch face. Perhaps you'll understand better why I baby it.
    [​IMG]
    The wallet is from Wilson's Leather. I just picked it up in my ongoing journey to slim down my wallet. If you can stand carrying only a few cards, an ID and a bit of cash, I highly recommend something like this. It lends a lot of versatility being able to carry it in any pocket comfortably.

And finally a bandana. Because I couldn't find a handkerchief, and you tend to break a sweat when these become part of your edc:
    [​IMG]

microbe, brand0n, thePlumbah and 4 others like this.
  3. CHARLIE O

CHARLIE O Loaded Pockets

Welcome! Or welcome back! Which ever you feel applies best?

Which film school did you go to?

4. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

:wavespin: Welcome back!

ManVsLawn likes this.
  5. zlindee

zlindee Loaded Pockets

I went to Columbia College in Chicago. We were in sets all the time so that's really where I started experimenting with my edc, and finding what works best for me.
    For instance, I typically carry a combo edge knife, because I run into sash cord and muslin far too often for a plain edge to suffice. Little things like this I would never have thought of without constant experimentation and some help from the forums here.

brand0n and ManVsLawn like this.
  6. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

Get some duct tape, and an few old hand towels, and wrap those arm-pit bruising devices to save yourself some pain, dude.

And EDC'ing a pair of crutches really fixes that whole "What to use for self defense besides a gun" question, huh? 8)

brand0n likes this.
  7. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Film school, huh? Sounds like you took someone's advice too seriously when they said "break a leg" ;)

And welcome back :wavespin:

8. zlindee

zlindee Loaded Pockets

08/10/2014

Here's today's pocket carry.
    Knife, flashlight, and candy. [​IMG]

9. zlindee

zlindee Loaded Pockets

08/13/2014 - My Right Hand Man(s)

These two items more or less live on my right wrist/hand.

[​IMG]

The G-shock is a GA100, and the ring is standard issue in the corps.

brand0n, Antithetik and Lou_G like this.
  10. zlindee

zlindee Loaded Pockets

Shared this elsewhere, but wanted toss it up here as well.

It's a Cheap-o wallet from Wilson's Leather, but I absolutely love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's got everything I need and nothing I don't. On one side, an ID sleeve with easy access, and a stash pocket behind that. On the other, just two card slots. And smack dab in the middle is a pocket perfectly sized for some folded bills.

[​IMG]

I had to slim down my carry just a bit when I switched over to this, but nothing drastic, and the ease of carry makes up for that.

brand0n, Antithetik and Lou_G like this.
  11. zlindee

zlindee Loaded Pockets

Shared this elsewhere, but wanted toss it up here as well.

It's a Cheap-o wallet from Wilson's Leather, but I absolutely love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's got everything I need and nothing I don't. On one side, an ID sleeve with easy access, and a stash pocket behind that. On the other, just two card slots. And smack dab in the middle is a pocket perfectly sized for some folded bills.

[​IMG]

I had to slim down my carry just a bit when I switched over to this, but nothing drastic, and the ease of carry makes up for that.

cheeser and Antithetik like this.
  12. zlindee

zlindee Loaded Pockets

Picked up a cheap-o watch at Gordman's this afternoon. Here's a little teaser until I can get a good picture of it.

[​IMG]

I'm really surprised how clear the illuminated face is. Definitely better than my G-shock which cost ten times this new one. If anyone can manage to ID it from that picture, I may just pick up another and ship it out to ya. Good Luck ;)

Antithetik likes this.
  13. zlindee

zlindee Loaded Pockets

Here's a real picture of that watch. It's an Armitron All Sport 40/8254. Picked it up for under $10 yesterday.

[​IMG]

It seems to be modeled as a divers watch, with a rotating bezel and water tight to 1000 meters. The bezel moves a little too easily in my opinion and the four push buttons protrude a bit too much (I found myself accidentally changing modes). I'm not really familiar with dive watches, but I don't think the rotating bezel works as well with a digital readout.

But on the other hand, it fits nicely, easy to read (even at night) and I like the look, so I think it will definitely make its way into the rotation from time to time.

Edit: and if anyone can identify what the box above the seconds display is (for), I would seriously appreciate it. Thanks

Antithetik likes this.
  14. batteur
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

batteur Loaded Pockets

Usually diving watches have not N/E/S/W on their bezel, but minute markings. And their bezels are meant to move in one direction only to prevent accidental rotation in the risky direction.

15. zlindee

zlindee Loaded Pockets

Ahh, I see. This one only moves in the one direction like a diving watch, but I've got no earthly idea what its actually meant for.

16. zlindee

zlindee Loaded Pockets

No excuse for my absence, but I've been lurking again for a couple of weeks and figured it's as good a time as any to get back to posting my edc. Sooooo...

This is my new edc watch.
    [​IMG]
    Its a Moto 360. It's a smartwatch (obviously). And for a tech geek like me it's awesome. It has seriously been worn almost every day since I purchased it.

I have worn the g-shock when I'm afraid I'll break this one, and my "dress watch" when the Moto is out of place, but I always miss this watch when I don't have it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Lou_G and Antithetik like this.