1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

And so I enter the world of firearms. Just bought my first handgun

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by afultz075, Jul 24, 2010.

1. afultz075

afultz075 Loaded Pockets

Haha, found out about how challeneging this thing is to shoot the other day. I have shot plenty of semis before, and this gun is the first revolver i've ever shot. I think I hit the target once during the first cylinder. I was mostly shooting at like 10 yards. I gradually improved but am no way proficient with it yet. I'm going to stick with it, I figure once I become good with this gun i'll drastically improve with all other pistols and revolvers. Still had a blast shooting it!

I shot a box of 50 rounds out of it and had no problems. Gun seems rock solid to me so far. I pull the trigger and it goes BANG. Seems to work just as well as the S&W my buddies coworker had with him at the range.

I love how simple this gun is to clean. Just a couple solvent soaked patches in the barrel, followed by some dry ones. Same for the cylinder bores except I used Break free CLP on that. The Tuf-Cloth I use for my knives works awesome on the exterior of the gun.

I called Taurus today regarding the +P situation as I have been curious, and the lady I talked to said it is indeed rated for +P rounds.

2. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

congrats on the range time! glad you got some time learning to tame that tiger! :)
    It gets better. I am in NO way as accurate with my wheelies as my Glocks...
    but the wheelies are perfect in the role they play for me and my family.

3. Dirty Bob

Dirty Bob Loaded Pockets

A funny thing is that technically the snubbies should be as accurate as 4-inch revolvers. They're just more difficult to shoot accurately. Focus on a solid, 2-hand grip and a smooth trigger press, while keeping the sights as on-target as possible. I tried dry-firing with a dime laid on top of the front sight. This helped me focus on smoothness.

Don't worry about speed. Once you have smoothness, speed will come on its own.

I use wadcutter ammo in my snubby. I tested its penetration in the "board o' truth" below:
    [​IMG]

Here's the bullet after penetrating 24+ inches of water (it was in the fifth jug):
    [​IMG]

All my best,
    Dirty Bob

4. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

The older Taurii (?) LOL are a little better made than the newer ones. You do need to make sure it stays in time. They tend to have a rep for that.