1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anak's EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by Anak, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Anak

Anak Loaded Pockets

Thrashrul helped me figure out at least one way to get pictures on this site. Thank you.

My EDC doesn't quite measure up to the rest of the crowd here, but I drive a rolling toolbox to make a living, and it is pretty heavily redundant in and of itself just for the sake of making sure that the job gets done. What I carry in my pockets is pretty minimal, and that is largely out of necessity. I often find myself working inside cabinets or in crawl spaces and lumps in my pockets become literal PITAs (or should that be PsITA?).

At any rate, I got hooked on the relatively new single AA LED lights, and that created a need for a new way of carrying stuff in my pocket. My LF pocket is keys, and keys only. They make enough trouble all on their very own. I could manage a couple of items in my RF pocket, but three just simply end up in a pile. In my mind I knew what I wanted, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Seeing my web searches my wife asked what I was trying to find and when I explained it to her she asked "Why don't I make one?" Novel concept for a guy who doesn't sew.

That's how I got here, and this is my EDC:

[​IMG]

My wife helped me come up with two versions of this. This one is the regular EDC:

[​IMG]

And this one is the Sunday formal version:

[​IMG]

I could find pouches designed for use in cargo pockets or for belt wear, but nothing that seemed to work for plain old blue jeans. These keep my gear from rattling around, beating itself up and/or beating me up when I have to go crawling around somewhere. A nice benefit which I hadn't been seeking is that I now know exactly where in my pocket to find which item. Except I am going to have to get my wife to make another version of the Sunday formal--I have it backwards of the EDC version--wasn't thinking that through quite fully enough.

And since I know someone is going to ask--the funny bright marks on the knife blades are signatures by Chuck and CJ Buck. I have a thing for Buck Knives. Something over 20 years ago I worked for them. Good folks in my book.

Thought I would share the results of my collaboration with my bride. I hope you enjoy.

brockster likes this.
  2. DaPro

DaPro Loaded Pockets

Very nice, with a clip on the back it would work for belt carry too, or belt loop.

Wish my wife could sew, the machine scares her.

3. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

Those are awesome edc pocket holsters.

They appear to be hardened on the back side of it, does it have some sort of pliable material within the fabric?

Maybe your wife can join the forum and show a "how to" on those EDC Pocket holsters????

4. JP

JP Loaded Pockets

I thought they were kydex at first glance. They look good. That workbench you have them on looks great too!

5. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Nice pocket holsters ! Very nice !

BE WELL .. GH

6. somber

somber Banned

That's a gorgeous box. Very nice, did you make it yourself? I see some woodworking tools behind it...

7. dbnyc

dbnyc Empty Pockets

I've been thinking about making something like those myself, but I don't sew. Those are better than anything I could have come up with though - your wife is a genius! Thanks for sharing pics.

8. dyril

dyril Loaded Pockets

Nice work. Are multi-holsters sized like this available to buy anywhere? I love to silence my EDC, whatever makes it more discreet!

9. Anak

Anak Loaded Pockets

I appreciate the compliments.

Yes, I made the box in the back. It's my first run at hand cut dovetails and my second run at inlay work. The bench is a woodworking bench. I am fairly heavily involved with the San Diego Fine Woodworkers Association. Woodworking doesn't pay my bills, but it's a nice tangent to what I do for a living. It gives some spice to my job.

In response to dyril, I hunted all over trying to find something like this. I can't find anything like them. I am actually curious to see if anyone else does have something in their EDC system that compares. I looked through lots of pics on this site trying to find something of this nature, but to no avail. They are very simple. It may be that the variety in sizes of EDC items makes production a challenge. Lord only knows how many different knife designs are currently being carried. The choice of multi-tools and flashlights is pretty substantial too. By the time you start trying to calculate combinations you are looking at some pretty large numbers for options. OTOH, there are quite a few single AA LED flashlights which would probably fit in my holster, and probably many of the popular folders would too. I don't know about multi-tools though.

One thing for sure, quiet and discreet are definitely benefits of these.

I am not set up as a manufacturer, and this thread is not about trying to sell anything, but I would be curious if there is a market for these. I don't yet know how private messages work on this board, but perhaps if someone is interested that would be the best way to discuss these. I don't want to break any rules here, so someone let me know what is the best way to address interest in these.

10. Kraid

Kraid Loaded Pockets

That box is awesome! Great lights, and that Buck/Strider is one of the best models ever made.

11. ACHË

ACHË Loaded Pockets

That's some beautyfull work on those inlays....

12. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

That box is awesome. I have been slowly but surely getting into wood working as well. I have not produced anything like the box, but I find it enjoyable none the less.

The pocket holsters are clever. I used something similar for a while, but the material I used did work well - it was either too stiff or too flimsy. For a while I used a pocket organizer made by former member, Knuckleduster. It is similar to Bill's Urban Wallet and the Blade Art's Mission Wallet.

13. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

Love the pouches. I think we are on the exact same page when it comes to things bangging against one another in a pocket. I hate damaging things when it can be easily avoided. I use a Bill's Urban Wallet but I like the fact that yours would be much thinner in a pocket. I would like to know more about the construction as I have a very good sewing machine and I think I could pull a set off.

14. FreestyleAssassin

FreestyleAssassin Empty Pockets

I really like the multi holsters, nothing better than an organized pocket!

I don't have such a thing for pocket carry, however I do have a pull out bag within a bag that I keep my camera gear in. I am able to pull out the entire camera and gear and turn the bag over for sports or what ever other kind of haul that I would like to replace it with. Than, I can slip it all back in in a single go without having to reorganize.

15. JayTee

JayTee Empty Pockets

I would say yes...there definetely is a market for these!!