1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

An Alternative to the LM Juice CS4?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by thegrouch314, Apr 9, 2021.

1. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

I had the Juice CS4 and loved it, it was the perfect MT for my liking. Alas it wandered off about 3 years ago and I've finally accepted that I need to replace it but now LM has discontinued it and I can't find any second hand.

Are there any good alternatives to the CS4? Of a similar size

2. Mabrowns

Mabrowns Loaded Pockets

There's a tool wanted section on Multitool.org forum

3. kukla

kukla Loaded Pockets

There are several listed on eBay.

4. thegrouch314

There's none for sale on ebay in the UK, I'd have to pay more than the cost of a brand new one to buy a second hand one from abroad, which is why I was looking for an alternative. Thanks for the advice though

kukla likes this.
  5. dreamer

dreamer Loaded Pockets

Take a look at the Sog Powerpint.

6. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Once in a while there are some in auction on EB...
    CS4's quality is imho still too high to be compared with something actually on the market.
    Keep the bay checked...
    Just my opinion.
    Cheers

7. kukla

kukla Loaded Pockets

8. thegrouch314

I went with the power litre in the end

9. Deanster

Deanster Loaded Pockets

I miss the Juice line - an awful lot of capability in a very modest package, and the bright colors were very helpful in everyday use.

I have a black-coated Wave, and I swear that thing disappears every time I put it down. MUCH prefer a little pop of color.

post tenebras likes this.
  10. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

These seem to be very sought after, does anybody have any insight into why they were discontinued?

They didn't really appeal to me while they were available, but my use/needs have changed quite significantly since then, and a LM Juice would have made perfect sense for me today.

11. KD5JHA

KD5JHA Loaded Pockets

I used to carry full size multi tools like the wave and the charge, and think that I would never want anything smaller or without a set of pliers… But in the last few years I have found that on both cases I was incorrect.

in probably the last five years, I have found it to work much better moving to an SAK and a small pair of pliers carried separately from the multitool. This allows me to have my blade or any of the other tools in use while I’m using the pliers to hold the object stable as a cut or saw on it or pry it. It’s a much more functional method.

This is the Swiss Army knife that I have been utilizing lately and it seems to work really well for what I need.

Victorinox Swiss Army Explorer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007QCOXS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_H8H1W1AS3EZZZAXSPS8J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

along with it I use a pair of pliers like this,

Stanley Proto J235 Proto 4-1/16" Angle Nose Pliers w/Grip https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00209ET10/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_MC2WHYX9MN4PM66GA4CV

I believe you could probably find something equivalent from a European brand if it made it cheaper. But these are a very small lightweight pocket a ball player that just disappear when you’re caring them, even in the front pocket.

I’m not 100% familiar with UK knife laws, but I think an SHK is legal to carry over there? So I believe my system should work without a lot of hassles.

post tenebras, bryan123 and parnass like this.
  12. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

The best replacement for the Juice CS4 would be the SAK Super Tinker paired with a 4 or 5 inch Knipex Cobra.

post tenebras likes this.
  13. KD5JHA

KD5JHA Loaded Pockets

I prefer the explorer to the super tinker for the simple reason that it places the #2 Philips driver in line with the tool rather than on the back set of tools where it is decidedly less useful. Personal taste and opinion, but that is mine. Having a little magnifier is not a bad thing either.

I have not had a chance to try the knipex cobra pliers but I did purchase a set of their side cutters and I found them to be of only so-so quality. Expensive for what you get. Would be willing to buy a set of the small pliers and re-evaluate my assessment but at least in the cutter department other brands make better gear for less money.