1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Amsler Knives Bottle Defense Tool V2

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by Iron Badger, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Iron Badger

Iron Badger Loaded Pockets

stask and Nick4305 like this.
  2. TOPOS

TOPOS Loaded Pockets

that tool looks amazing! And, even functional too! if it wasnt for the high price tag i would order one right away

3. Bulldog87

Bulldog87 Loaded Pockets

Cool looking gadget. Wouldn't pay 1/2 of what they're asking for it though. (Just being honest.) Cool design though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

4. photorob

photorob Loaded Pockets

So at $40 after expenses I'll be taking home $15 for 2.5 hours of work. Do you see why this could be a waste of my time.. This is why you don't see allot of small pocketable knives on the market made by custom makers. They take just as long to make and people don't appreciate the time it takes to make them.

I'm not trying to gang up on you. I just think the industry does a terrible job of educating the buyer.. These tools aren't made by a big production company in some foreign country they are made in my basement by me and only me.. If you were to break down the numbers and add the time it took to draw it out in cad the back and forth with water jetting heat treat and shipping and all the ins and out of the shop. Insurances. rent for space tools and on and on ...you make pennies in the end.

It's all about what you prioritize .. This looks expensive to you but the $300 phone you posted your comment with holds enough value.

soundlessnut and TV09 like this.
  5. Bulldog87

Bulldog87 Loaded Pockets

Again, it's a gadget with minimal functionality for $80. I can value the workmanship but wouldn't buy it myself. I'm sure you enjoy yours.

Stutz and Mumbojumboo like this.
  6. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

There are a ton of small custom knife/gadgets on the market. Everyone jumped on the Atwood style gravy train. From a manufacturing stand point.... come on?

Iron badgers first post and you haven't posted in years..???

7. photorob

photorob Loaded Pockets

From a manufacturing standpoint there is a reason why every time a person like atwood produces a small blade it cost double to triple what his normal items costs, and they don't come with sheaths. I've been making and selling these for eight years now so i'm well versed into what it take to produce them. From the beginning I realized that if I made a bead, prybar or low functioning gadget It was just taken for face value. If that item was knife related or had any sort of edge it was immediately compared to any knife in it's price bracket.
    If I wanted to use this forum as a selling tools BTW I would just post it up my self or sell directly to the owner like I have done in the past..

8. Wesmanthetiger

Wesmanthetiger Loaded Pockets

You are being very defensive for no reason. To those that can afford it the price isn't too high. For those that can't it is. Simple. I make eyewear for a living. Some people value quality and style, while others only look at the cost. There are places for both to get eyewear. Don't get mad when people complain about the cost. They wouldn't be your customers anyway AND people who would be your customers wouldn't be swayed by those complaining about price. Chill.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

garza and photorob like this.
  9. photorob

photorob Loaded Pockets

I agree. I'm done.

Last edited by photorob, Jun 29, 2016
  10. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Keep it friendly, folks. Thanks.

11. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

I am not seeing the "defense" part in the design. I have a neck knife which I can use with a punch grip.

The sheath is plus because at that price my homemade sheath skills are for lower priced items.

12. photorob

photorob Loaded Pockets

The defense was just a play on words it was never meant to mean self defense. Its just a utility edge..

NelsonIII and garza like this.
  13. cfred

cfred Loaded Pockets

I do have both v1 and v2. I do use them a lot (v1 or v2 depend on which I carry at the moment). They are practical and feel great in hand. I wish I got v1 Ti version as well when it was available!!

14. stask

stask Empty Pockets

I've got mine (v2) about a week ago. Very cool tool, used it few times already :)

15. H418982

H418982 Loaded Pockets

That is really cool.