1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ammunition online?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by mniels, Nov 18, 2013.

1. mniels
    • In Omnia Paratus

mniels Loaded Pockets

Does anyone purchase ammunition online? I have been looking, and on top of things being out of stock more often than not, after shipping it is cheaper to buy at my local shop. I am going to check at Walmart tomorrow as well.

Is anyone finding ammo cheaper online? Maybe I am looking in the wrong places, but it seems like I have hit all the high points (Midway, Cheaperthandirt, Ammunitiontogo, etc.)

2. swany66675
    • In Omnia Paratus

swany66675 Loaded Pockets

Had good luck with bulk ammo dot com but I always ordered in bulk 1,000 each type.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

3. Highway9
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Highway9 Loaded Pockets

I can't. It is illegal to ship ammo, magazines or firearms to the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts.

SunwolfNC likes this.
  4. swany66675
    • In Omnia Paratus

Go to a ups store in NH and rent a box. Split it with some friends everyone can get their ammo shipped there, and keep fighting the good fight when you vote.

5. Rattlecan
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rattlecan Loaded Pockets

This is an awesome answer! Good one swany!

swany66675 likes this.
  6. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

LOL CTD is anything but, has been even before they took their position on not selling AR's.

Try using gunbot.net if you don't already to research pricing online.

7. RichinVA

RichinVA Loaded Pockets

Try Atlanta Arms and Ammo. New and reman. Not sure about cheaper, but excellent product and service.

8. BubbaFett
    • In Omnia Paratus

BubbaFett Loaded Pockets

Do you buy 9mm that way? Every time I look (including just now), it's still cheaper to buy local vs. the 1000 round box. I guess the advantage would be that I wouldn't have to buy ammo for a while if I had 1000, but so far I've been able to get ammo when I want it (if not always easily). Not 1000 rounds at a time, mind you, but still.

9. swany66675
    • In Omnia Paratus

This was a while ago, and it was cheaper then everywhere but walmart. Of course when the sporting goods manager locally offered to order in extra cases of WWB for me I took him up on it. Now I'm kind of on a budget so I'm not shooting as much.

I bought 9mm and 40s&w that way we have three shooters in the house and it just made it easier.

10. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Georgia Arms, Freedom Munitions make some excellent ammo.

SG Ammo is top notch too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

I did it out of convenience and when you could get Herter's .223 from Cabelas at $4.99/box.

12. 11C1P
    • In Omnia Paratus

11C1P Loaded Pockets

It's been years since I bought online, not that I'm opposed to it, just that generally when you factor in S&H it's usually cheaper locally or the savings are so negligible that I don't bother. Back when I bought online Sportsmans guide had a deal on 50BMG ammo 150 rounds, linked (didn't really need) with 1 ammo can for $110 bucks. (like I said a LONG time ago.) Plus I bought 10K rounds of 22LR they had on sale for dirt cheap. I got a really dirty look from the UPS man when he delivered it.

Wishoot and swany66675 like this.
  13. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I suggest Underwood Ammo. Good prices for some really hot ammo.

14. BklynBoy

BklynBoy Loaded Pockets

I buy most of my ammo online. For practice ammo, I use the ammo finder engines like gunbot, ammoengine or Slickguns to find the best deal. I buy 1,000 rounds at a time. I've found the best deals and selection and service at SGA ammo and Cabelas. For carry ammo, I like Winchester Ranger and Federal HST. I stocked up on both before the great ammo crunch and haven't bought any in more than a year, but my usual sources for them have been SGA and Ammunitiontogo.

15. PhrankKastle

PhrankKastle Loaded Pockets

I've ordered online when I can get a good price. I use SG Ammo, Ammunition to go, Midway and Cabela's primarily. I shop around and usually can find decent deals on them especially on bulk when my buddy and I go halfs on a large order.

I used to occasionally shop at CTD until Newtown when the 300 rds of .223 was $179 and the very day after it was $779 for the same thing. I did a quick check of the others I frequent and there prices were steady so after seeing that kind of price gouging mentality CTD will never get another dime from me.

16. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

I also buy most of my ammo online. SGAmmo is usually pretty good on price and Sam, the owner, is a good guy.

17. mwestjeeper

mwestjeeper Loaded Pockets

When you are comparing online prices + shipping, to local prices, don't forget to tack sale tax onto the local prices to make it an apples / apples comparison. If you buy a big chunk online, the shipping runs less than the sales tax would run if you picked it up at Walmart. And of course you avoid all the arbitrary daily limits that stores have placed upon ammo purchases.

18. BigEd

BigEd Loaded Pockets

Actually the Massachusetts Attorney Generals Office has declared it illegal based upon an old law concerning face to face sales on in store purchases within Massachusetts. In order for there to be ammunition sales, a vendor must have a license issued by the CLEO (CheifLawEnforcementOfficer) of the city/town it resides in. But ONLY a CLEO can ISSUE one for a Vendor in THEIR city/town. If the vendor does not have a license, the MAGO will take them to court. Since no out of state vendor wants to deal with any legal issues in Mass, the MAGO issues them a warning, and backs off.

^^^ The Law has never been challenged...

If a chain store is in state: Dick's, Walmart, Cabela's(?? coming soon ??), Bass Pro, they will ship ammunition.

There are SOME vendors that will ship ammunition to Massachusetts. If you find one, keep your mouth shut. "Marfa" is watching.....

It is 100% legal to privately sell ammo to anyone in Massachusetts.

Any magazine holding less than 10 rounds can be shipped.
    Rifle Magazines sales of Pre-Ban Sept 1994 holding more than 10+ rounds are perfectly legal.(As long as you have a LTC-A)
    Pistol Magazines of Pre 1998 holding more than 10+ rounds are perfectly legal. (As long as you have a LTC-A)

Firearms need to transferred via FFL from the seller to an FFL purchaser then transferred to you.
    The firearm being sold must be on the "approved" list otherwise the Mass FFL is held liable. Not the purchaser. So locating an FFL who will do the paperwork are skittish about private sales and FFL's fees alone are another $50-$100.

PS: MassAttorneyGeneral has most internet websites so scared that anything firearms related is a no-no. Which is complete Bull:censored:.

Join GOAL, and Comm2A, fight back!

19. swany66675
    • In Omnia Paratus

Back to renting a box in some state that will treat you like an adult to be trusted.

20. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I used to buy ammo online. Freedommunitions . Com for bulk range ammo and sgammo . Com for carry ammo as well as bulk ammo, depending on the caliber. I haven't bought any ammo at all since about this time last year, nor have I been to the range to use up any that I have left. I've been waiting for the current round of buying panic to run its course.

I found that the trick was to buy in sufficient quantities so that the shipping costs are averaged out over the whole order. For example, shipping for a single box of 50 would be $11, but for ten boxes would only be $16.