1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ambulance duty bag suggestions?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by medicevans, Oct 18, 2013.

1. KMAC179

KMAC179 Loaded Pockets

You can easily fit a binder in the Aggressor, along with everything you have pictured, and it will still be half empty.

2. Obscenejesster

Obscenejesster Loaded Pockets

What's up with the stuffed animal?

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

3. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

I remember reading you guys switched to 24 shifts.

We do 24 on 24 off for 3 then have 4 days off.

Though I'm a medic, we don't run EMS thankfully. We do respond on a set list of "EMS calls" and when EMS needs a hand.

Nursings not much better, I RN on the side as well. 12 hours of non stop work.
    Should have followed my childhood dream and drove a train!:D

Bag wise, skies the limit. Me, I wouldn't drop a lot of money on a bag. Rush 12 is a great bag and small. I'd be more worried of security of my personal goods.

4. OEM1

OEM1 Loaded Pockets

Have you looked into a 5.11 Patrol Bag? I have one that I use as my duty bag. We are usually on 12-24 hour shifts and it holds all of my gear comfortably. It's a very simple tactical bag but has everything you'd need, on or off duty.

5. airwayguru

airwayguru Loaded Pockets

6. Crash_Fistfight

Crash_Fistfight Loaded Pockets

I worked a 72/ 96 in the hills and a 2 on 2 off for 6 shifts with a 6 day Kelly in town.

I much preferred the 2 and 2 to the 3/4, although at one time we worked a really horrible 2 1/2-- 3 1/2 one week and the following week worked a 3 1/2 4 1/2 shift. The worst part of the old shift was getting off at 2000, it made for a long day. Saner heads finally prevailed and we went to the 3 on 4 off shift.

7. traildigger

traildigger Loaded Pockets

To the OP: I use a MaxP Malaga. It's a bit bigger than the fatboy, but not overly huge. I was able to stuff a small three ringed binder, spiral notebook, and a Brady EMT book into mine while using it for EMT class, plus pens and extra crap. Now, I use it to bring to the station. Typically it's pretty sparse for what I have in it. Usually a water bottle, maybe spare socks, Iphone cord, multi tool, pack of gum, and then can stuff anything that I need to take home with me the next day: Paperwork, tshirt, etc. I always have plenty of room for 'stuff".

And since we are talking shifts, I'll toss ours out there. Currently we are on a Modified Detroit. 24 hr. shifts.... On/Off/On/Off/On/Off/Off/Off/Off....repeat. We are thinking about going to a 48/96 shift, but we are a bit slower than most of you guys.

EDIT: Almost forgot. While on shift, I toss a JTech Operation Irene backpack on the Engine. It's not a huge backpack, but this time of year I stuff an extra sweatshirt, tshirt, socks, gloves, nomex hood, goggles, safety glasses, OTC meds, multi tool, a couple lightweight spanners, cliff bars, etc..... Anyway, the quality is pretty good, but I don't think I'd pay full retail for one. I was able to pick one up for $25 a couple years back on a black friday deal. I'd link the site for ya, but apparently it isn't on some "approved" list? Anywho, google is your friend.

Last edited by traildigger, Oct 23, 2013
  8. MedicInTraining
    • In Omnia Paratus

MedicInTraining Loaded Pockets

It may be bigger than what you're after but I use a 5.11 Patrol Ready Bag. It's big enough to fit my reflective jacket, safety helmet, PPE gear plus my study material when I need it!

9. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Depends on what type the shift is.. Either my 5.11 push or Rush messenger
    As allready mentioned in this thread, 5.11 just came out with some new awesome messengers :)!
    [​IMG]

10. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

My heart beats everytime this photo appears!

11. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

me 2 :)! and i really digg that they sell every model in 4 different colors, so that is 12 different to choose from, the MIKE looks like just what im looking for, also like the way the cleaned up the design to make it more street casual friendly.. but still tactical :D.. in a subtle way

and 89 usd is not bad :eek: