1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Am I the only one here that EDC's around the house?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by ?uesto, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Kuso

Kuso Empty Pockets

I just don't see any reason to carry stuff on me while I'm at home. If I need a knife or a flashlight, I simply go grab it. My house isn't that big, so it's never too far.

2. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

i got a two story house, and even though i do have flashlights stashed in drawers around the house, its nice to know i have one by my side. im always using my light. especially since i wake up at 4 or 5 in the morning, i dont have to turn on the bedroom light and wake up my wife just to look for a pair of socks, i just use my light.

3. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

One of the other forums I frequent has a restricition about posting topics related to politics or religion. This falls into the latter category.

If you need to have gear physically on you to feel warm, safe and happy.... fine. If it's enough to have it "close at hand" that's fine too.

For all anyone knows, I could be typing this in bed wearing an otter suit.... and it really shouldn't make a whit of difference to anyone.

I would like to address two points that were made:

A well-lit house will deter most "break-ins"... they want your possessions, not a confrontation with you. A home invasion, on the other hand, is another critter entirely. I will let the LEO's speak to that, but a knife really isn't going to do much in that scenario.

The chances of you falling in the shower where you aren't killed outright, knocked unconscious, but are hurt enough not to be able to get to a secondary phone.... that's a very narrow set of conditions.

Like I said, I don't think there were any naysayers, per se.... what I did hear were a couple of people questioning at what point do EDC items go from being facilitators to something that is (too) heavily leaned on for a sense of security and well-being.

I am fine with leaving that in the YMMV bin.

ATB,
    Sam

4. inzelique

inzelique Loaded Pockets

i started wearing a Buck Hartsook with an Inova Microlight attached to the sheath on a lanyard because I was always looking for a knife or light after getting comfortable in the evenings. My wife usually goes to bed by 7 or 8 and me wandering in and out of the room looking for stuff wakes her up. My arrrangement worked so weel I started carrying it all the time. Just enough knife and light to be usefull for most tasks, but light enough it doesn't bother me.

5. monkeysfistmaker

monkeysfistmaker Loaded Pockets

I almost ALWAYS EDC at night. If I'm by my self, I sometimes just sleep in my pants from that day, still stuffed with EDC items. SAK, Fenix, Leatherman, Pen, etc. But, when my girlfriend stays the night, she makes me take my pants off, as they are constantly rubbing up against her while we sleep. Anyways, if I'm in pajamas, I will usually have a SAK Victorinox Super Tinker and Fenix L1D around my neck via paracord lanyard. Other gear is never far off, though. I would like to somehow incorporate a multitool around my neck, but my neck rig is already heavy enough. It's on the line of being uncomfortable.

6. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

If I'm wearing trousers with a belt then my Fenix P1D is with me...otherwise it isn't..........

7. Waterborne

Waterborne Loaded Pockets

I keep my EDC gear on me pretty much all the time at home. I don't usually change clothes or put on comfies around the house so it stays with me. On the rare occasion that I do throw on the comfies to watch a movie or something with the wife, I put my gun, light and phone on the table next to us. We don't have children yet but when we do, I'll have to find another arrangement for the gun though.

8. DerekH

DerekH Loaded Pockets

The only times I don't carry my kit are when I am in the shower or asleep, although while sleeping they are within grabbing distance. Just feel nekkid without my gear!

9. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Maybe a knife that happens to be in my pocket but that's about it. If I need anything at home, I just go and get it. Tough to relax and lounge about carrying a bunch of gear. If the weather gets stormy with a possible power outage like the other night, I'll add a Maratac AAA but we also have other lights stashed around the house.

10. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

No, I don't carry anything in my house unless it's left in my pocket from being out. If I can't relax there, I can't imagine that I'd ever have the courage to leave the house. That being said, much of my EDC is more for fun than anything. I think more people just need to be able to admit that (especially in our forum here) instead of coming up with some of these insane reasons why they have to carry in their own castle.

11. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

+1...that's why we have the kids to go and fetch stuff for us.....

12. 50ft-trad

50ft-trad Loaded Pockets

If I'm dressed, my pockets are laden. Light, knife (SAK), phone, wallet, smokes, lighter at a minimum. Partly this is due to the fact I seem to use all these items so often, regardless of where I am or time of day, but partly its because I have a habit of leaving stuff in the wrong place if I don't have it in my pockets or bag. I think I am the guy "idiot mittens" were designed for!!!

13. laylow

laylow Loaded Pockets

If I have clothes on, I have a knife and light with me. Even at home. Actually, especially at home.

14. Straya

Straya Loaded Pockets

It's hard to EDC much when you're naked........

15. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

If I have pockets, my Fenix, SAK, and pen are in them. I use them just as much at home as anywhere.

16. Clead

Clead Loaded Pockets

Climb out of bed, pull on shorts/pants and tighten belt. That gives me pretty much everything I EDC. I don't do the pajamas or bathrobe thing. If I'm up, I'm dressed. That means Blackberry, Bic, knife, LM Surge, paracord, lights, pen, micro prybar, wallet, keys, and gum.

17. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

If I'm dressed my pocket gear is with me.

18. mbick

mbick Loaded Pockets

Unless I am in the shower, I have watch, phone, knife and pen on my person or on the bedside table.