1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Am I the only girl here?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by busylilnurse, Oct 28, 2007.

1. busylilnurse

busylilnurse Loaded Pockets

*looks around* hmmm.....

I'm a single mom, nurse and live in the verified armpit of Indiana. We're our own microclimiate.....we get two feet of snow while five miles away the sun is shining!

Glad to be here!!

2. Goldtanker

Goldtanker Empty Pockets

Hi-

Welcome to EDCF!

Denny

3. Stormstaff

Stormstaff Loaded Pockets

Welcome to the EDCF family!! :highfive:

4. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Nope! :)

Welcome to EDCF!

Karen

5. busylilnurse

Thanks for the welcome and yippee...not the only girl!
    :D :D :D

6. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

:welcome: Welcome to EDC Forums, busylilnurse.

7. pipedreams

pipedreams Loaded Pockets

Welcome aboard!

todd

8. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

9. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Welcome to EDCF! :highfive:

10. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

Welcome again....no you're not the only girl on board, look for those who sport the "kissy boots brigade" badges....all of the feminine persuasion ;-)

11. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

Welcome!

Dan

:)

12. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

A girl is always welcome... ;)

13. bushguy

bushguy Empty Pockets

:welcome: aboard the EDC Xpress Busylilnurse, from another newb in here. :roof: This place is awesome and there are a few other ladies to keep you company in this, what has been a mostly "manly" thingy in the past. You modern day gals warm my heart with your open minded attitude about stuff like this. :cool:

I believe that even more women should get into some of this bushy stuff and pack something useful in those seemingly kitchen sink purses I see being carried around me everyday. :) So, tell yer friends about this place, we can handle a few more gals to help keep it all clean etc. :D

So bln, what kind of EDC do you have there, in one of those cute little Nursy uniform pockets? :bounce:

EDC'er from Way back...

bg

14. Co_Outdoorsman

Co_Outdoorsman Loaded Pockets

:welcome: come on in, read awhile, share some stories, and become one of us... People here are great, and one can learn many things here... enjoy!

And don't feel the Indyanna has weird weather, the other day I left my house with 5 inches of snow, got to work an hour later and it was 60 degrees...

15. carise

carise Empty Pockets

Nope, you're not the only girl. :) Welcome!

16. busylilnurse

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!! And yes I am glad there are other girls here :) I guess I learned to be an EDC girl from my dad. He passed when I was 18 but he ALWAYS had whatever you needed in his pockets. If it was a knife you needed..he had it...any tool? yep, that too. And of course...money in his wallet :laugh: He grew up in the Depression and it seems like that colored whatever he did and how he thought. He was one of those "keep an extra 20.00 in the wallet no matter what" and he always kept a 'slapjack' under the front seat of his car. Also a gallon of water in the trunk, along with oil, antifreeze, rags and duct tape.....I do the same.

Being a girl, I probably don't carry all the cool stuff you guys do (although I'm thinking of changing that). On my keychain right now I have several of those store keytags, you know the ones for the grocery stores and the library, also my house key, van key, and remote start for the van. Also the coolest little flashlight (photon), single LED that runs on two of the flat batteries. It has one helluva beam and just makes my little heart happy when I use it. I try to keep the keychain simple due to the weight of it and the ignition plus who wants all that crap banging against the dash? :knuppel2:

While I'm working I have a tote bag (back in the nurses station) that has an extra stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, many pens, highlighters and extra scissors. In my pockets (of which my scrubs have plenty) I keep a small flashlight, bandage scissors, couple of pens, couple packets antibiotic ointment, couple small bandages, couple large bandages and around my neck is my Littmann stethoscope with a roll of bandage tape on it. Now the small flashlight was a gift from a Law Enforcement friend who knew what a cool gift he was giving me...I of course, didnt realize until later. But this is the mother of all flashlights. Its a Twin Task from Streamlight and here's the site:
    http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=48

I have to tell you when its 0300 and your PIA patient is finally asleep, you can change out IV's, crawl under the bed for the call light or whatever you need to do without waking anyone up with this great flashlght by using the xenon bulb or you can easily switch to the three LED's, its small and fits in a scrub pocket. Anytime I whipped this baby out at least two male nurses would say "WHERE did you get this flashlight?" :roof:

17. TCW 60

TCW 60 Loaded Pockets

Welcome to EDCF!

18. 7k7k99

7k7k99 Loaded Pockets

Welcome and enjoy yourself :)

19. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

I have and have gifted a few folk with that Streamlight Twin Task. It's my favorite of that series. I still keep one in one of my "go bags". The Streamlight Stylus is a handy one too.

-LT

20. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

Aloha!

Since you mentioned snow, I won't talk about the weather here in Hawaii. :-X FWIW, I have a friend who's originally from Ft. Wayne but who found Hawaii suits her just fine.

In a couple of years, hopefully, my stepdaughter will be a busy li'l nurse, too. And then maybe we'll have more room in the house. :laugh: