1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Am I stupid? Please educate me.

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Hagbard81, May 2, 2022.

1. Hagbard81

Hagbard81 Loaded Pockets

Hi Guys,

I have a cheap multitool which doesn't get any use. Bought it long time ago, before knowing anything I guess at least 20 years ago.

I wanted to invested some time in it, hoping that this would have positive affects in it's performance and our relation.

But I don't understand the locking mechanism
    How do I disengage it now?

When a tool was locked it used to work to open another one half way to lift up the lock enough to close it. But I don't think that's the way to do it properly.

And now, with all tools open it wouldn't work anyways.

The only option I have left is anger driven pure force (what would lead to some kind of bloody mess, at least this is what my past expierences thought me in similar situations). But I am actually not willing to sacrifice one of my fingers for this crappy tool.

Save my fingers and educate me. How does it work?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G986B mit Tapatalk

2. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

First I had to change your thread title to comply with the forum rules.

Without having your multitool in my hand, it looks like you need to push in the metal piece below the spine of the tool.

DE9BEFAB-92C3-40CC-A232-E0AE7DDC9E08.jpeg

3. Hagbard81

Hagbard81 Loaded Pockets

This....?

Happend after 1 minute of gentle polishing.
    [​IMG]

4. Hagbard81

Hagbard81 Loaded Pockets

Yes, you have to apply pressure, but from the opposite side.

Nothing that could be done by hand (I used the screw driver from my cyber tool), not comparable to a knife lock. [​IMG]

5. Hagbard81

Hagbard81 Loaded Pockets

BTW, why don't forum rules allow the letter x?
    I was talking about myself and the forum censores my speech and ball and chains my possibilities of expression (someone/sometime/somewhere would even put "freedom of" in front of these two)
    Or is just a certain amount of this beautiful letter per word or sentence prohibided? If this is the case, what is the tolerated maximum amount?
    Maybe 6, or 21, probably 3 or less per word, but could be up to 11 per sentence, 9 seems more likely, or even 14, 7 seems like an acceptable compromise.
    At least no letter should be discriminzed. Today it is the x, tomorrow it might be the a.
    Untill then, I want to call myself fuaaaaa stupid

6. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Bad thing you opened all of the blades at once. Usually you open one and use it. To disengage you open a second one, but only to a 90 degree angle. This pushes the lock out and you can fold both blades in. At least this is how it works with my age old Leatherman.

Austria est imperare orbi universo

egp likes this.
  7. tera tike

tera tike Loaded Pockets

@ThaMac is correct about how operate the tool.

One thing I noticed with post #3 and #4 photos you see the pivot is miss-aligned.
    The pivot seemed to have pull out of the frame, that will cause locking issues.
    Try realigning the pivot fully into the frame, then check your locking function.

8. egp

egp Loaded Pockets

Might be time to buy a real multi-tool, that one seems a little on the "cheap" side