1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alternatives to Munroe Danglers?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by mpec, Jan 26, 2013.

1. mpec

mpec Loaded Pockets

Taken in consideration that getting a Munroe Dangler is pretty hard (if not almost impossible) and thanks to my indecision :mad: I already lost two opportunities to have one, there are any other titanium key danglers? :cry:

2. toemke

toemke Loaded Pockets

I really can recommend the pickpocket! It's a lot slimmer than a munroe, so it can be hooked on a belt loop.
    [​IMG]

bryden76, nuphoria and Cornholio2188 like this.
  3. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

I would recommend Little Bonsai's "The Clip" as a good S.S. alternative to the Munroe Dangler, though a bit different in looks.

Unfortunately, looks like it is not only sold out, but Little Bonsai's site is gone. All I get is a 404 Error when I tried to visit their site.

4. LukeK

LukeK Loaded Pockets

Probably not titanium but the p7 is looking like your best bet

5. thefrank

thefrank Loaded Pockets

+1 for the Pickpocket! Though it is of course a different style. If you don't mind stainless steel instead and want to go for the original Dangler look the P-7 is certainly the closest thing to the small one and this is clearly an SS copy of of the Mega Dangler: http://www.survivaldepot.co.uk/Suspension_Clip_Tool/p474753_4572686.aspx
    I think I also saw it somewhere on ebay. It is a knock-off but since the original is not really available anymore I see only limited harm in this...

6. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

Nothing wrong with the P7, it works fine, is readily available, and cheaper to boot.

7. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 Loaded Pockets

Seems like the only thing you can get your hands on anymore is the P7 which is good I have one of those also along with a mega dangler would like to have a pickpocket seems like you can't get a hold of anything anymore

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

8. toemke

toemke Loaded Pockets

9. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Cornholio2188 likes this.
  10. sporttracguy

sporttracguy Loaded Pockets

I started off with a p-7 and it worked but didn't have any other function and to be honest, it was a tad small and got lost on the key chain. I was always searching for it so that I could clip it to my pocket.

[​IMG]
    Then I went to the little bonsai and I really liked it! It had a fantastic bottle opener that was easy to use and it held onto my pocket well and easily but it was a tad too long for me and really bulked up my keychain. I had plans to modify it and cut it shorter but then I switched again...
    [​IMG]
    I found a munroe dangler clone on eBay and that is my current clip...Its smaller than the bonsai, still has a bottle opener and it has two holes for rings (or para cord in my case), and it has a pry/screw driver tip! The clone also has a more polished and streamlined look to it.
    I'm pretty happy with the clone but I miss the bonsai's easier to use bottle opener and I may go back to that and modify it with a few extra holes and a shorter body..... Although none of these are titanium, it does show that there are other options out there

11. Doric

Doric Loaded Pockets

Any chance you could point me towards one of those dangler clones? My own searches have been fruitless.

12. Quixotica

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

mole likes this.
  13. Doric

Doric Loaded Pockets

14. Quixotica

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

Let us know how you like it when you get it in a month. :)

...That sounds snarky, but it really isn't. Things from China can just take a while. :)

Doric likes this.
  15. Scott Mason

Scott Mason Loaded Pockets

It only took 2 weeks for mine. I've had it for 3 months or so and carry it every day with a small knife and a AAA flashlight attached.

16. Doric

Doric Loaded Pockets

You would be surprised, some stuff from china has shown up in a little over a week. The majority of items do take closer to a month though, just the nature of the beast.

17. toemke

toemke Loaded Pockets

Hey, but most times it's free shipping!;)

Cornholio2188 likes this.
  18. Doric

Doric Loaded Pockets

Or at least really cheap, I think it was like $2.

19. AB.AlexB

AB.AlexB Loaded Pockets

Counterfeits are lame...

20. Quixotica

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

Well, when the originals are near unavailable, sometimes you have to make do...

I don't really want to get a counterfeit either, but if I was into the style of the Munroe clip (which I am, just not the size), I'd probably get one just because that's what's available to me. More than likely, he'd be buying a Munroe off of the BST of a forum, which doesn't do anything for Munroe anyway.