1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alternative to Maxpedition Mongo / Operator Tactical Attache?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Brewer, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Brewer

Brewer Loaded Pockets

Thanks OX71, great to see the layout - I particularly like the tall pockets behind the velcro, they look perfect for sunglasses and reading glasses - but that's too big for me. I'd be looking at the Mike.

And talk about mfrs doing a bad job of selling their stuff - it's like 5.11 actively try to discourage sales! For a start they are using some aggressive geoblocking, so I can't access their main .com website at all. Instead I get shunted to the Aussie importer, who list a handful of random products - no messenger bags. So 5.11 actually don't want me to buy their product, I have to go rogue and find my info from third parties. Absurd.

I did find a good youtube video - in French - showing the Mike's organisation, and it looks like it has some good sized tool pockets at the front of the bag and a ton of internal pockets, so in terms of organisation it's certainly a contender, although I'm pretty focused on the structure of the Vanquest.

Does anyone know if the Rush Mike is full 1000D construction?

Last edited by Brewer, Mar 8, 2019
    #21 Brewer, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    ox71 likes this.
  2. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

there is also a brand called direct action that has messengers in a few sizes, look them up.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

3. Wesmanthetiger

Wesmanthetiger Loaded Pockets

I have looked at those, but the laptop pocket and size seems similar to the FT Summit. They also have a smaller one. Aaargh! It would help to get some hands on it but no one seems to sell them around me. Maybe someday. Good call out, though!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have the small one sitting next to me right now and have ever since ordering it for my 13" Mac which does not fit in it.
    :censored:?

ferris209 and Wesmanthetiger like this.
  5. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I get tired of it too and it’s all the rage these days “Grey Man” this and “Covert” that. I guess like you said you need that if you work in an office with some beta males who fear anything remotely manly, but I don’t care. I rolled all through the Texas State Fair with a Hazard 4 Sherman a few years ago, yeah I was packing heat in it, but nobody paid me any mind that I could see. As tactical as that bag looked, nobody paid it any mind.

ox71 likes this.
  6. Hook

Hook Loaded Pockets

I came across a YT video review of the RapDom T-311 messenger style bag. I hadn't heard of this company before. Seems like a solid bag in the vid.