1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alternate pill fobs

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by IThinkTooMuch, Feb 20, 2014.

1. IThinkTooMuch

IThinkTooMuch Loaded Pockets

What's everbodies thought on using the 2x2 mini CPR mask pouches or AA/CR2/N battery caddies for keyring pill fobs? The intended purpose is a on-person backup supply of my perscription medications. One of the pills is 1/2" across, and I'm having trouble finding internal dimensions for regular pill fobs.

2. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

For the "standard" size aluminum pill fob carried at most CVS, Walgreens, etc.

Inner Diameter: 0.75"
    Inner Height of Lower Section = 1.472

When the cap is screwed on you'll lose 0.086" in diameter for 0.285 inches from the top of the container because of the threaded lip. Unless, it's a horse pill you should be able to hold several pills in the fob and not have to worry about mail order issues.

At the store, the fobs are sold loose, so I am sure they would let you test fit some pills before purchase as long as you let them know what you want to do at the pharmacy desk.

The O-rings on the fobs keep them fairly air-tight and even with the pills you could probably slide in a small dessicant. They might even have one small enough to affix to the hollow portion of the fob cap with double sided tape. If the medication in question is hygroscopic, this would be a good thing and possibly not something you could do as effectively with the CPR mask case or battery caddy.

ATB,
    Sam

3. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

farnorthdan Loaded Pockets

I've been using an old round carmex container to carry my pills for years, works great, water tight and inconspicuous.

TarHeelBrit likes this.
  4. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I use those little plastic containers you find at arts and craft stores for mixing paint. Smaller than a Carmex tub.

Sent by Owl Post

5. LogicBob

LogicBob Loaded Pockets

There are some larger titanium fobs that are made by Urban Outfitters that should work if you want a little bling.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

6. RByers91

RByers91 Loaded Pockets

I have one of the Ti2 Sentinel pill fobs. Love it.

7. Havoc

Havoc Loaded Pockets

The CVS pill fobs work just fine for everything I've tried to stuff into them. I can't justify spending +$20 on ones from edc sites.

Lately I've been carry more and more types of meds and small items so I've switched away from pill fobs. Now I carry everything in an Altoids Smalls container separated in 1" zip lock bags. I can fit two contact lens, tweezers, a few bandaids, a spare key, and a dozen pills including two large DayQuil pills. It's an alternative if your like me and can't stand large key chains.

kertap75 likes this.
  8. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Keep in mind that you should be carrying a copy of your prescription with you as well. Police are getting more and more hard-nosed about people carrying prescription meds outside the original container. Even then, they seem to think you should keep them at home in your bathroom.

I always keep a few self laminating sheets around and toss a copy of the paper that comes with the prescription in there. Then just put it in my wallet.

kertap75 and farnorthdan like this.
  9. psikat

psikat Loaded Pockets

I use the delrin battery tubes from CountyComm.

Regards, Kat

Hi-up Lineman likes this.
  10. frankiscool

frankiscool Empty Pockets

I bought some of the Chinese keychain fobs for like $1 each, free shipping. They seem like aluminum and seal up tightly.

11. heatX

heatX Loaded Pockets

I actually use the Maratac Splitpea Ti housing as a pill fob. Super tiny and is water tight.

12. Ironside

Ironside Loaded Pockets

I use the Numyth Talos for "comfort"meds sometimes, wrapped in plastic wrap.
    Human Gear makes awesome mini containers that open one handed.
    I use Ti fobs sometimes as well.