1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alpha One Niner's RECON iPad (Tablet) Caddy

Discussion in 'Alpha One Niner (bags & gear)' started by HELM, Jun 16, 2014.

1. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

I've been lugging a tablet all over the world since the iPad 2 was launched. I've used it extensively and have written some of this experience on the iPad Forum. The thread I started has been turned into a stickie and you can still find it there.

And when I travel, one of my pet peeves is digging through the back seat pocket (during a flight) for stuff that has sunk all the way to the bottom, whether it be my reading glass, my pen, phone, iPod, etc. By the time I got my first tablet, I started thinking about finding a better way to organize all my stuff. Being in the product development business helps so I started tinkering with some basic ideas which finally lead to the RECON Tablet Caddy - a revolutionary detachable tablet caddy / organizer (it's available on the forum store).

The Recon Tablet Caddy is also a solution for those who are always switching their iPad and accessories between bags, and it is an easy pull-out from your bag once you've boarded and before your bag goes into the overhead bin.

We've also used these Caddies to help keep our iPads in place during trips in the family van. The same concept of clipping onto the back pocket of the front seat during flights, it clips onto the pockets behind the driver and co-driver seats so the kids have a place to keep it in versus leaving it all over the insides of the van.

[​IMG]

The Recon Tablet Caddy can be used on its own or as part of the RECON series of bags; fits into zippered pockets designed specifically for it.

It was first launched as a Kickstarter project and was funded within 30 days. The Caddy was originally designed for the iPad 2 and 3 but it will also fit other tablets as long as the length is not more than that of the iPad 2 or 3.

NOTE: At time of writing I am working on 4 new caddies that will accommodate the iPad Air, iPad Mini, MacBook Air 11 and 13 as requested by some of the forum members on FlyerTalk where the caddies are often discussed.

FEATURES & BENEFITS
    • Exterior made of 1000 water resistant denier nylon
    • Genuine YKK zipper
    • Well padded sleeve to protect your tablet, with a Velcro webbing to keep it secure
    • Rear Velcro loop strips in the rear to secure it inside the Recon One & Two
    • Rear clips to mount it onto seat pockets (airline seats, car seats, etc.)
    • Padded front pouch that will hold anything from your eyeglass to a phone
    • Mesh zippered pocket to hold your charging cable, ear buds, etc.
    • Two (2) pen slots
    • Oxford nylon lined interior - will not scratch the screen of your tablet
    • Fully taped seams
    SPECIFICATIONS

• Exterior dimensions - 11.5" (Width) x 9.5" (Height) x 1.5" ( 29.21cm x 24.13cm x 3.81cm )
    • For non-iPad tablets, the Caddy is 12" wide.
    • Weight - 0.4 pounds ( 0.18 kilo )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cowsmilk likes this.
  2. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

This is good news! I was just thinking about whether you could make different sized ones.

3. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Just got prototypes of two new caddies done. The top one is for the MacBook Air 11 and the one below is for the iPad Air.

[​IMG]