1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alpha One Niner - Evade 2.0

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RED-FIVE, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

I love everything about this pack...but it is just a little bigger than I want for edc.

Nothing else checks all the boxes though. I wish there were a scaled down version of this exact pack. There are some features that I wouldn’t want to lose by getting the 1.0. Not a deal breaker though. I am a big guy so it doesn't look too out of place on my back.

For now I will continue to edc it.

RED-FIVE, Andrew_H, MH-05 and 4 others like this.
  2. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

The Evade 2.0 went on its first long distance car trip and performed perfectly.

On long distance trips, where I have an intermediate stop, I like a backpack that will fit all the things I want for overnight in the hotel, so I don’t need to unpack multiple bags. I also like the backpack to fit nicely in the area between the front seat back and backseat, so that my dog has added area to lay on long trips.

Well it fit everything I needed it to and filled the foot space so nicely that my dogs new favorite space to lay on long trips is on the Evade 2.0 with hishead on center console.

furbis, RED-FIVE, twin63 and 4 others like this.
  3. Miles717

Miles717 Empty Pockets

So far mine has been working well. A tad large for my EDC, though. I really like the gray. It definitely seems a bit lower profile.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4. FLbeachbum

FLbeachbum Loaded Pockets

Mine made its first long car trip. Held everything I needed for the week. I absolutely love it. The quality is outstanding and the organization excellent. The removable PALS panel is an awesome idea. It provides endless configuration options but takes up virtually no space so you can take it out if you don't need it or just leave it in if you tend to lose things like I do. As others have said, it is probably too big for most peoples EDC needs but I don't think that was the bags original purpose. It is by far the best carry on size travel bag I have ever used.

If things go as planned it will make its first international / plane trip this time next year.

RED-FIVE, chaosmagnet, furbis and 3 others like this.
  5. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

No disrespect meant by what I’m going to say. It is a phenomenal pack. I love it.

I just feel like I missed something as I followed the development thread. I guess I was always under the impression that it was being designed and developed for edc but it seems the end focus was on a travel pack. That’s on me. I misunderstood. Like I said it’s great. It just has more room than I need. If there was a 20-26 liter variant of this exact same pack that would be my forever pack. I think I would buy 4.

I did see that there is a disclaimer on the website addressing the size now. It’s all good though. I am going to keep using it. There is nothing else out there that I have seen that has everything I am looking for. Mainly a sleek overall design, organization and modular interior, and those water bottle pockets. The water bottle pockets are what do it for me. They are a must have and no pack I have seen does it better.

Bimmer4me and Happygodavid like this.
  6. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

Last edited by race2c, Apr 8, 2019
    #166 race2c, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  7. furbis

furbis Loaded Pockets

Here is a close up of the 3/4 clips that I bought from the link provided, I think 1 inch would work but would have some sloppiness. The 3/4 were easy to buy and came quickly so I'm not sure why you would not buy them since they work so well.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Happygodavid and chaosmagnet like this.
  8. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I am having issues finding the link you refer to, would you mind reposting it?

9. furbis

furbis Loaded Pockets

Here you go. Posted 01/16/2019 if you go back to that time frame or a little before there is a post on how he installed them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

chaosmagnet, MH-05 and Andrew_H like this.
  10. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

Perfect, thanks!

11. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

That shock cord comes in handy.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLbeachbum, MH-05, READYSETGO and 3 others like this.
  12. READYSETGO
    • In Omnia Paratus

READYSETGO Loaded Pockets

I Agree! I also like the shock cord on the inside. It keeps several of my stuff organizers from moving around!