1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alpha One Niner - Evade 2.0

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RED-FIVE, Dec 22, 2018.

1. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I also had tried the Vertx Gamut prior to the Evade 2.0

It was bigger than I expected, but for me it was actually a pleasant surprise because of intending to use for travel. It actually holds a lot more than the Gamut and an REI Trail40, which I had currently been using.

The bottle pockets are great. I also carry either a 40 or 32oz insulated bottle and have had issue with them fitting in the Gamut as well as other bags organization and water bottle pockets.

The organization is what I love. So many backpacks I’ve tried do not include a lot of organization, so you need numerous added cubes and pouches to achieve. I like a combination, but prefer the built in especially for smaller items I want ready access to.

Organization is another area I think the EV2 surpasses the Gamut. The Gamut has a lot of great organization, but when used it significantly decreased space in other areas, like the bottle holders. So you had to choose between using the organization or bottle pocket rather than both. The EV2 organization is designed to not interfere with the bottle holders and also doesn’t take that much away from the internal space either.

Hopefully, once you use yours for a while a get it set up as you want, you will find it works as desired.

2. MH-05

MH-05 Loaded Pockets

I [​IMG] have the same issue that the shoulder pad doesnt fully touch/sits on[​IMG] the shoulder.
    Happygodavid, allow me to use back your 2 photos for the purpose of illustration.

Thank you

Happygodavid likes this.
  3. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

You are correct there. It seems to be roughly the same outer dimensions as the gamut but can hold so much more. The biggest thing between the two I will miss are the Gamut straps. They are soooo comfortable.

MH-05 and Andrew_H like this.
  4. Happygodavid

Happygodavid Loaded Pockets

Huh. I never noticed that. I mean, it’s very comfortable, even loaded down with all that junk. I cinched up the shoulder straps because I’m not a fan of the load lifter look on a pack that’s this small. (Yes, it’s big for an edc, but small compared to my 50L Mystery Ranch.) May have to do some tweaks...

While we are on the subject, can someone explain what the purpose of the load lifters is? Is it the height of the pack? The potential load weight? I.e., when you guys were giving Helm feedback on gen 1, were you all, “I’m carrying 75 pounds of ammo and 14 hammers at all times. Give us load lifters!”?

Edit: MH-05, are your lifters cinched up like mine? Also, perhaps @swedishelite22 can give us ideas on adjustments? (Or maybe it’s because I’m smaller than him.) At any rate, he gave me the idea. Also, looking through pics on here, @ROCKETMAN, did you cinch up your load lifters? Can’t tell...

#144 Happygodavid, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    MH-05 likes this.
  5. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

The load lifters main purpose is to aid in keeping the pack tighter against the back, especially if the top of the bag is full/heavy. Keeping the pack closer to the back aids in minimizing back strain and balance when carrying heavier loads.

6. Pangari1

Pangari1 Loaded Pockets

Have been carrying this now since I received it right before Christmas and I totally LOVE this bag. I have carried my COVRT 18 for 4 years and it has now moved to the shelf. I carry this with me to work every day and it has now made several weekend swim meets. Incredibly comfortable, and I mean incredibly.
    Here she be in the daily office environment.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This just so happened to be a day after a meet, and I knew I had a long :censored: conf call, so you can see the switch still peaking out.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I took a couple quick pics at home in it’s other configuration, the shop floor is not very conducive to on body carry.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. READYSETGO
    • In Omnia Paratus

READYSETGO Loaded Pockets

Pangari1 - someone has to ask! What are the four white vials on the lower left in the pic? What are they riding in and how attached. What do they contain? Where did you find them? Details please. Thanks!

Happygodavid likes this.
  8. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

Been rocking my EV2 for a week and I have had a chance to experiment with some load outs. Here is how I currently have it set up. I feel like I need to treat myself to a new patch for the bag however I haven’t found one I love yet.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLbeachbum, RED-FIVE, MH-05 and 3 others like this.
  9. Pangari1

Pangari1 Loaded Pockets

10. READYSETGO
    • In Omnia Paratus

READYSETGO Loaded Pockets

Many Thanks!

Pangari1 likes this.
  11. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

Hi everybody. its been a while. i transitioned to a new role in Jan and have more work related travel. thus, the EV2 was a great pickup for that. here are some picture of my EDC and EV2.

The main compartment is loaded with a laptop charger, extension cord, wireless mouse and keyboard.
    The front admin compartment is pen, pencils, headlamp, battery pack, wall charger, 18650s batteries, gate opener for one of the terminals.
    Back compartment is files/folders for work (each terminal i support has its own folder), 1 laptop, 1 notebook, 1 book, 1 tablet.
    The eyeglasses pocket is some contacts, extra glasses, ear plugs, etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andrew_H, twin63, MH-05 and 6 others like this.
  12. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

Here is an updated picture for everyone...actually in an airport. On the way to a work conference, so first travel for my EV2. Same stuff as above plus a couple sets of athletic apparel. I like to travel with at least one set of clothing outside of the main carry-on (personal preference).

Second picture is EV2 in underseat storage of emergency exit row jn Southwest 737-700. note, no hydroflask in side pockets when underseat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by race2c, Feb 24, 2019
    #152 race2c, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    RED-FIVE, MH-05, twin63 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Miles717

Miles717 Empty Pockets

Just received mine. All I can say is I'm impressed with the build quality and the design. Even though it's a touch large for what I'm used to carrying every day, I expect it to replace my Camelback UA. I'll load it out this weekend and give it a test run to see how I like it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MH-05, Andrew_H and RED-FIVE like this.
  14. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I used the Evade 2.0 as my laptop bag starting Monday of this week, including two long flights and a bunch of road miles. So far, loving it.

twin63, MH-05, Andrew_H and 1 other person like this.
  15. furbis

furbis Loaded Pockets

Just picked this up in a trade from a guy on PP. I like it so far and will EDC for a while but probably to big for me to use daily for to long, but I think it will be a great travel pack. I ordered the belt and BT yesterday.[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE, MH-05, Captdave13 and 2 others like this.
  16. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Well I am pretty sad to report that my 17" Mac will not really fit in the Evade as I had planned.
    So while I like the pack a lot I am not able to rely on it for travel or work where I need the Mongo Mac.

The odd thing is that the Evade seems bigger than the Camelbak UA and Vertx Gamut yet the computer slides right into them with no effort?

Just goes to show that you can not really tell until you try.

MH-05 and chaosmagnet like this.
  17. Andrew_H

Andrew_H Empty Pockets

Did you remove the extra pad in the bottom of the laptop sleeve?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

18. Miles717

Miles717 Empty Pockets

Great patch!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

chaosmagnet likes this.
  19. furbis

furbis Loaded Pockets

Thanks, I think its the first time ive ran it. I want to get the "Low speed High drag" patch also.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  20. furbis

furbis Loaded Pockets

ok it's been 1 week using this pack daily as I said in my original post its bigger than I normally carry and I thought after a week or two I would put it on the shelf until we head to Vegas in may, But I must admit this dang pack puts a smile on my face every day so it may just end up getting EDC more than I first thought. also the waist belt actually works and the BT showed up yesterday and my G hooks showed up today.

Also in the 3rd pic that pocket is perfect for when im driving to grab a chew.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk