1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alpha One Niner - Evade 2.0

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RED-FIVE, Dec 22, 2018.

1. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

GR2-40l - EV2- Bihn S25[​IMG]

furbis, Bimmer4me, Andrew_H and 3 others like this.
  2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

First Tactical 1 Day Plus-EV2

This 1st Tactical bag is the one I have been living out of for the last year while on the road and out of my house.
    I also had a Basement flooding issue over the Summer and stayed elsewhere for many nights and have come to rely on this bag as an almost perfect solution for me to live from.
    What an Epic pain in the rear!

I used the EV1 for daily EDC for Work mostly and plan the same use for the EV2 but who really knows how that plan might turn out?

[​IMG]

3. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bimmer4me, Andrew_H, RED-FIVE and 3 others like this.
  4. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

I had to modify the Type 2 organizer for use in the EV2. The T1 and T2 were originally developed for the Chio with the hopes that it would work in the EV2. I'm glad it did BUT in the Chio anything that wasn't clipped onto the elastic webbing still stayed in place because the bottom of the Chio kept it in place. With the EV2 if you slot in an item (not clipped on), there's a good chance it will slip through no matter how good the elastic webbing is. Nathan from TPP was testing this out and he had this same issue so we decided a lip was the answer.

5. RED-FIVE
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Thanks Helm, nice to get the back story. I've been enjoying them. ;) Very useful accessory!

MH-05 and Andrew_H like this.
  6. gaap master

gaap master Loaded Pockets

Just received my DRB EV2 today. This thing is awesome!

Thinking about getting a matching Chio in DRB. Hmmm...

RED-FIVE likes this.
  7. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

Just FYI. Evade 2.0 rides higher on the back than the 1.0.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  8. RED-FIVE
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Hey gaap welcome to the family! I've always enjoyed the DRB such an exellent option and appreciate the balance of weight to durability. +1CHIO in drb....
    ;)

Andrew_H and gaap master like this.
  9. RED-FIVE
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

:cool: Awesome! I do believe I detect a hint of relief? Glad it worked out for ya!

Bobby Leang likes this.
  10. RED-FIVE
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Cool & organic depth of field R0CKETMAN! MCB looks right at home among the lichen. Thanks for sharing ;)

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Feb 4, 2019
    #70 RED-FIVE, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Andrew_H likes this.
  11. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

Your spidey-senses serve you well. I’ve been on tilt since finding out the bag got taller.

HELM and RED-FIVE like this.
  12. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

FYI gents, just posted this on TPP and the thanks is meant for all!

‘Update on the Evade 2.0 availability et all..........................

Guys, first things first.....thank you tremendously for the support we've gotten over the last few weeks and months on the EV2 program. From the development to the last one shipped this afternoon, it's been quite the ride and I appreciate your patience, your support and your continued interest. I've not gotten a chance to see all the postings to date but I keep seeing my name pop up in a bunch of notifications. So far the word has been good and I'm thankful for that.

Now here's the update proper.....we do have a few EV2s left, mostly MC Black and a couple of Med Navy, that's about it. Unfortunately I had to take these off the online store because we are completely OUT of the Type 1 and Type 2 organizers. We produced hundreds of these but I have zilch left cos between those getting it for their Chios and those who got a handful of each for their EV2s, I'm staring at an empty bin right now (absolutely no complains here!).

I've had many who pinged me about the EV2s and are all waiting for the final count on availability but suffice to say we can't shipped anything right now. We have a telecon tonight with the Studio and we will have to make a decision if we are going to role out some more EV2s and the accessories immediately. I have a production of weapon cases right now but it looks like we are ahead of the curve and will have this done much sooner than expected. Now we got a tad bit of production space we can hijack for the EV2.

So apart from those that have comms going with me on Messenger, anyone else who wants in at this last minute, please ping me directly. And yes, I hear all that chant about an Evade in a smaller volume!

Thanks again!’

13. sleestac

sleestac Loaded Pockets

That is great news Helm! I'm glad the launch was a success. Also glad other work is opening up for a possible further run on these.
    I just ordered a PALS panel, forgot to order when I ordered EV2. Also threw in some V-Kits because who can't use those!?

Thanks for everything Helm. Looking forward to the Pathfinder!

HELM, Andrew_H, MH-05 and 1 other person like this.
  14. READYSETGO
    • In Omnia Paratus

READYSETGO Loaded Pockets

Thank you for the update - some of us are still wanting the EV2! We are hopeful on the additional production possibility!

Andrew_H and RED-FIVE like this.
  15. swedishelite22

swedishelite22 Loaded Pockets

#75 swedishelite22, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  16. RED-FIVE
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Great pics bro! Please feel free to post them here, I'm quite positive you will break nothing in the process. Ha!

Guys no need to be shy you are absolutely welcome to post your EV2 unboxing, comparisons, load outs, in action ninja mission pics of all kinds! This thread belongs to all who wants to post and share EV2 content. Of course you may post your own personal Evade thread like we enjoy doing many times before. I'm looking forward to seeing them!

Now as to the continued posting of our EV2 pics in the "Wait List thread" I have a message into @HELM to see what he would recommend. ;)

Just a thought... Now that it's possible that EV2 production may see another run, we may want to keep the Wait List thread clear for other folks trying to find info and shipping status. Hopefully Helm can revert soon!

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Jan 4, 2019
    #76 RED-FIVE, Jan 4, 2019
  17. RED-FIVE
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Jan 4, 2019
    #77 RED-FIVE, Jan 4, 2019
    Andrew_H, twin63 and MH-05 like this.
  18. RED-FIVE
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Nice to see the mix of colored zipper pulls. I never knew there were so many colors available until looking for black ones to use on a few other bags. I have always liked these WJ style zipper pulls on my A19's too. I have come to prefer them in fact. I usually will clip off the thinner cordage that some makers use like Camelbak's Miltac Hawg for something more substantial.

When I first saw Helm using them on the EV1 I embraced them as it seemed to soften the perception a bit, and promoted a low key vibe (subjectively perhaps). I know not everyone may like them and tend toward 550 paracord pulls for everything. I do have many bags that I've changed over to a para-tubing mod (paracord & heat shrink tubing). I also like to clip any metal zipper pulls on the inside of bags on the inner pockets replacing them with WJ's... less bulky & kills the jangle. Now if they only made them in a GITD version. Or maybe weave in a GITD bead!! Hmmm.
    :smile_coffee:

MH-05 likes this.
  19. MH-05

MH-05 Loaded Pockets

That's exactly what I thought of too, the 1st time I got my EV1. The zipper pulls is very itneresting/low-key/nondescript in a good way.
    Then I saw swedishelite22 with reds...that's even better especially for the inside mesh. Too bad, it's hard for me to just order off the amazon as the s+h cost will be 3x more than the actual item cost :)

RED-FIVE and Andrew_H like this.
  20. Barrister

Barrister Loaded Pockets

I like the red also, especially for highlighting one or two zippers. I ordered a set to be delivered monday. I wont need all 20. MH if you are somewhere I can drop them in an envelope and send them with a stamp, I'd be glad to share a few.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE, Andrew_H and MH-05 like this.