1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alpha One Niner - Evade 2.0 Wish List

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RED-FIVE, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Danny Baker

Danny Baker Loaded Pockets

I might be alone in this, however, I’m still searching for a truly concealed ‘concealed’ option in a solid design like the Evade, for whatever purpose. A false bottom perhaps? A smallish pouch with intelligently oversewn zippers or other fasteners? Seems all of today’s ‘concealed’ pockets are more indiscreet than one’s shoes. Just a stab in the dark from a burgeoning newbie gear freak.

2. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

I can’t believe I missed this thread! I’m super excited to find out that the Evade 2.0 is to come out somewhere in the future.

It’s been an awesome pack or packs over the last couple of years. I started off with the three different materials and have grown to like the rip stop the best for its grey man look and a little more slick so it’s easier to slide in and out of planes/cars and doesn’t attract pet hair. So what I’m saying is I hope to see the rip stop material as one of the options for the Evade 2.0.

It would be nice to have a slightly larger Evade, but not too big as the Evade 1.0 fits perfectly under the seat of all of my flights currently, even when stuffed for one bag Travel. Adding a little more depth and possibly width to the admin pocket would be nice. Making the padded pocket a little bigger as phones have gotten bigger over the years. Also adding one of the mesh pockets on the admin flap for smaller items to avoid them from getting lost on the bottom of that pocket. Other than that the admin pocket it probably the best one I’ve used out of all the packs over the years.

Adding a little organization to the top pocket would be nice too. I find with traveling I use that as sort of my dump pocket for frequent items and and little more organization in their would be helpful.

The pack has pretty good rain protection as is but if you are upgrading the zippers would it be possible to use the water resistant zippers such as those found on the Tom Bihn bags? Especially for the laptop and admin pockets.

Although I haven’t had any damaged laptop with all of my usage of the Evade it would be nice to see a little more protection on the bottom of the laptop compartment.

I’m also very excited to hear that the loop field is going to be returning to the Evade as it got out voted in the first version. Would it add too much weight if you used the looped molle like you use on your Sneaky Bags line?

I would also love to see what other accessories you come out to work with the Evade 2.0. The matroskya pouches have been awesome, especially for travel. The optional beaver tail and the attachment points on the bottom of the pack would be nice additions. I would recommend having the packs come with the loop field cover for the front of the pack for those days when members don’t want to rock a patch.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the lengthy post. Other than that I definitely agree and look forward to seeing the other upgrades that everyone else has posted to making a great pack (favorite edc bag) even better! Thank you HELM and I hope everyone had good holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#62 Chris C, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  3. pks
    • +1 Supporter

pks Loaded Pockets

The CHIO is available now BTW and I placed my order already. Looks like a very promising EDC bag.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  4. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Some new pics to share from the current prototype...........

Internal PALS loop platform
    [​IMG]

The new removal organizer for the front compartment and this can also be used for the Chio rear pocket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

twin63, GoBliNuke, Rainy and 6 others like this.
  5. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Looking good HELM! Liking the PALS loop platform and the mesh pocket on the flap. Out of curiosity is the removable organizer in addition to the original admin pockets or replacing it? As I do like the concept of the removable admin pocket but the original admin pocket was probably the best admin pocket I’ve had in any of my bags. Also will there still be an attachment point to hang a matroskya pouch in the admin pocket? As that was a perfect spot to keep my clear matroskya pouch that was used as a 311 bag when flying.

sleestac and littleme like this.
  6. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

Looks cool! The adminpocket of the Evade was one of the things that made it very appealing to me though. Personally im not too crazy about velro all over the place.

littleme and Chris C like this.
  7. sleestac

sleestac Loaded Pockets

Admin areas are so individual based on what we carry. I like PALs for an admin or even like a cocoon grid it style for their versatility. What I really like about what Helm is designing is that it is removable so it can be swapped from bag to bag.
    My only concern is the weight of the bag. Going from the current nylon to PALs will increase the weight but as Red-Five has already mocked one up the weight won't be significant.

Helm - nice work on those. I do have the same question on the D-rings. The matroskya pouches take this bag to level that is beyond any other pack I carry. Again like the admin area, they are removable and can be swapped for what you need quickly.

RED-FIVE, Graywolf.dv and Chris C like this.
  8. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

@sleestac now that you mentioned it, I do like the idea of being able to swap out the admin section. I could have one for EDC and a compliant one for when flying. However it would be nice to have a removable admin panel that has the original pocket
    design as an option as well. Also I can’t tell from the pick but does the removable admin panel go all the way down? As I liked having that extra room at the bottom of the admin pocket to put either a MacBook charged or some sort of organize pouch.

RED-FIVE, littleme and sleestac like this.
  9. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

Oh tease.... is there a list of features?

10. sleestac

sleestac Loaded Pockets

Good point on keeping two, one for air travel and one for daily carry.

Helm - you could sell the admin as a separate item for use in in the Chio or the Evade 2.0, or as Chris C says an alternate from.

11. Bobby Leang

Sorry, Helm. To elaborate on my last post:
    Is there a short list of different features that the new 2.0 Evade is going to have?

Right now, it seems like a SB Sentinel with the Evade bells and whistles, and removable admin panel (which I'm in favor of).

12. pks
    • +1 Supporter

pks Loaded Pockets

Please add some actual pen pockets/slots to the admin panel @HELM — i.e. covered and has a bottom. For scratchable pens they need some protection. One covered pocket would be nice too. OK maybe different versions of admin panels? A more “office” version and a tactical version :) ??

RED-FIVE and Rainy like this.
  13. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Guys, apologies 'cos I don't get much time at the moment, juggling to get all 3 brands ready for the upcoming SHOT.

1. Admin organizer - we're discussing if we an provide options on this. In other words, you can order the new Evade with the original layout or the new one; might add a third. Need another? Just add it as an option.

2. An additional removable padding will now be added to the bottom of the notebook compartment.

3. The next Gen is 1.5" taller and comes with the new shoulder straps.

4. The optional beavertail will happen this time, I promise. Still working on the first proto though.

5. Mesh pocket added to front compartment.

6. Matro d-rings have been raised a tad bit.

7. Working on getting this new spacer mesh so that we can get a padded mesh back.

8. #10 YKK zippers for main and laptop compartments.

9. Trying out a new water bottle holder design - not sure if this is going to work out though.

10. Attachment points on the bottom (edited).

I think that about covers it. Sorry but I really gotta go! I will check-in again as soon as I can.

#73 HELM, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    RED-FIVE, Graywolf.dv, Moco and 7 others like this.
  14. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

Sounds very promising, particularily nr. 1. Whats the size of this pack, and are you trying double compression straps on the side, and attatchment points on the bottom?

Good luck at SHOT!

15. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Whoops forgot to add that I am including those attachment points on the bottom!

Editing the list above.

16. Bobby Leang

Are these 2.0 Changes going to be on the bigger brother of the Evade?

The current Evade is at the max for me as far as length goes, especially with the current strap design without load-lifters; another 1.5" will put the pack into the 5'9" and taller category.

Chris C likes this.
  17. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Also got another idea if others think it would be beneficial. Lockable zippers for the CCW pocket for those range days?

Also, HELM if you do a mesh back are you going to do mesh shoulder straps as well?

littleme likes this.
  18. sparktofire

sparktofire Loaded Pockets

Cool! Do hope the old stitched in admin pockets are an option.

RED-FIVE and littleme like this.
  19. sparktofire

sparktofire Loaded Pockets

Also no side grab handle?

littleme likes this.
  20. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

It will be no worries. I will provide options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro