1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alpha One Niner - Evade 2.0 Wish List

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RED-FIVE, Nov 28, 2017.

1. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Indeed!
    :D

2. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

For this release? Absolutely.

BTG108, RED-FIVE and Chris C like this.
  3. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Does the organizer that comes with it have the same pocket set up and pocket dimensions as the original version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE and littleme like this.
  4. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Chris, good question for @HELM...
    Have you seen the new velcro admin panel type 01 he released for the CHIO? There's a slight difference from the Evade 1.0 admin which has a total of four pen slots, and that fouth slot on the far right end is large enough to fit a medium sized multi tool. Of course this we all know.

Along with the shortened height, this new type 01 CHIO admin only has three pen slots, all similarly sized. This is obviously different than the Evade 1.0 as it doesn't have the fourth larger slot. I wonder if this may have been deleted because of the CHIO's ccw pocket size, even though there is still a bit of room left on either end of the admin when installed in the CHIO, but not much. So, I do believe the change is mostly because of the size constraints of CHIO.

However, I'm thinking the Evade 2.0 velcro admin panel should be identical to the Evade 1.0. I hope this is the case. I can see no reason to delete any slots or pockets as the Evade 2.0 gains a 1 inch in width at the bottom overall.

I look forward to Helm's thoughts on the CHIO admin panel changes, and his confirmation if the EVADE 2.0 velcro admin does retain the four pen/tool slots from the Evade 1.0 or not.

If it turns out that the change was necessary to make the admin organizer removable, IMHO...I'm okay with that too. Wondering what you guys think, any thoughts?

CHIO Velcro Admin Panels:
    Type 01 (without elastic)
    [​IMG]

Type 02 (with elastic)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Oct 12, 2018
    #324 RED-FIVE, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    swedishelite22 likes this.
  5. MH-05

MH-05 Loaded Pockets

Hi Helm and everyone.

My registration is finally approved, yaay!! Greetings to everyone here.

Ive been a fairly new user of Evade gen-1 but Ive been abusing it from carrying my lil boy items up to a few trekking as well as working stuffs.
    I love the bag so much as everyone does, Im sure.

However, I have some problems that Helm has helped me earlier but I thought I shared it here and see if anyone has the same problem.
    Initially, I had problem that the bag doesnt sit higher on my back and after adjusting it to make sure it sits as high as possible, after about half-an hour or so walking with 3/4 fully loaded, it's dropping a little again.

Secondly, the left strap (strap that is hold by my Right shoulder) always gets twisted. I hope some of the photos can help to explain it better.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im not sure if everyone/anyone has the same problem as mine but I sure love to fix it somehow as i really love the bag :)

I apologize if this is not the proper thread to post my problem/question.

Thanks so much in advance for the help.

6. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

Any chance I can get a custom 2-Tone ripstop?

7. Bobby Leang

I had the same issue, but ended up getting A19s Kifaru Style Straps and it solved the issue. Still doesn’t sit as high as I’d like it to, but it was a major improvement.

This GEN2.0 should take care of everything because the straps are stitched in and have old lifters.

8. MH-05

MH-05 Loaded Pockets

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for your response. I should have explained that when I bought it it comes with the longer straps (in addition to the shorter ones that came separately).

RED-FIVE likes this.
  9. littleme

littleme Loaded Pockets

I also had the same problem with it twisting but i found if I moved the buckle all the way to the top of the strap rather then 2 inches down the strap it fixed this :) [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE likes this.
  10. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Though I never had an issue like this with the stock harness, I set them up like littleme did. I used a technique to position the pads 1/4" from the back panel.

I purchased the new straps as well. I use them exclusively now. They're great.

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Oct 12, 2018
    #330 RED-FIVE, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  11. MH-05

MH-05 Loaded Pockets

Hi Littleme,

i did that too but it keeps sliding bit by bit when it's used just over a bit of time. Also, if I move it too much (meaning the buckle is over the fabric), the bag sits even lower on my bag. :(
    i was thinking to find someone to permanently sew it but I dont wanna open the sewn top part of the bag either.

12. MH-05

MH-05 Loaded Pockets

I will give it a try again. Will kill to get it solved :) loving the bag so much!!

RED-FIVE likes this.
  13. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

That is the best news ive heard all year, thanks @HELM !!

RED-FIVE and HELM like this.
  14. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

While we're on the subject of custom color requests, what about foliage green? I know, it's a long-shot, but it's my favorite pack color, and all my accessories are FG. :)

RED-FIVE and Chris C like this.
  15. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

I would like to see a hybrid version of the ballistic and ripstop. Ballistic for the high wear and stress locations and ripstop for the rest to help reduce weight.

littleme likes this.
  16. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Okay quick revert on things..........

@Bobby Leang - Bob, I've decide not to pursue that old gray ripstop anymore so for now, no 2-tone. My apologies.

@Mydraal - I know we have some FG fabric lying around but not the other materials. I'm rushing to get these out and I don't think we can get the materials required on time. I will look into this at the start of the year.

@Chris C - that's 2 very different types of fabric and wider spread on specs. It would make more sense to work 2 based so similar weave patterns like 500D and 1050D Cordura.

@MH-05 - Michael, as we've discussed via email, swap out the straps and see if it works better. That shorter strap that you have is the new Kifaru type shoulder strap for the pack. It works for most but not for all. Worse case scenario, I have a spare pack over there (Singapore) to help resolve this.

Myrddraal, RED-FIVE and twin63 like this.
  17. Bobby Leang

Thanks for even responding. All black Ripstop it is.

18. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Yes, that was my concern. I hope if the pen slots had to be reduced to just three slots that the third could be the wider one to accommodate a flashlight or small multi tool. I’m not sure about others, but I don’t carry too many pens around these days with using technology more.

I also noticed that the two divided pockets behind the first row of smaller pockets are gone as well?

#338 Chris C, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    RED-FIVE and littleme like this.
  19. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

The two large sleeve pockets below the zippered pocket are still there. I posted pics in Helm's CHIO bag thread... visible from the first pic of the CHIO.

20. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Thanks RF. I think the pull tab was blocking where the stitching would be at on the other picture you had posted.

Now just have to see about that wider pen pocket. I always keep my backup flashlight in there and it fits perfectly.

RED-FIVE likes this.