1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alpha One Niner - Evade 2.0 Wish List

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RED-FIVE, Nov 28, 2017.

1. RED-FIVE

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Welcome back Helm!
    Thank you for all the hard work by you and your team on the Evade Next Gen!

Personally speaking, it's really been interesting these last 10 months watching the progression. Thank you for involving us in your development process and listening to our feedback. Also, thank you to all EDCF members who contributed by sharing their wish lists!

So here's to another awesome A19 pack!!
    :smile_coffee:

Andrew_H, Myrddraal, BTG108 and 2 others like this.
  2. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

@HELM - We all know that you will create a great product, be a person/company who stands behind their product, and you take user recommendations/comments into your product's development. We all appreciate that and are wiling to wait it out.

Andrew_H and RED-FIVE like this.
  3. Pangari1

Pangari1 Loaded Pockets

Did I miss the preorder post?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andrew_H likes this.
  4. RED-FIVE

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Nothing posted yet!
    Still waiting on Helm...

Andrew_H likes this.
  5. RED-FIVE

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Here's my theory...

I think when he is ready to launch the official EVADE 2.0 preorder he would make an announcement here within this current thread first with some specific instuctions...

I expect he will post here and direct us to go to his (Manufacturers Corner) Alpha One Niner - Sub Forum located here:
    https://www.edcforums.com/forums/alpha-one-niner-bags-gear.165/

There he would have created a new thread in his sub forum for the EVADE 2.0 PREORDER and give the details for Pre Ordering.

I say this because that's how he handled the official launch of the CHIO Bag back in Dec 2017, not to mention the original Evade preorder (April 2015). The only exception was that no preorder was held for the CHIO. It was launched as "In Stock".

Also, I've noticed he has been doing more video launches like with the CHIO and Recon 3 minimalist pack. So it's possible he's putting it all together... just takes some time. That's my guess.

#285 RED-FIVE, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Andrew_H and Myrddraal like this.
  6. PHRN5

PHRN5 Loaded Pockets

I've read over the thread, and still a little fuzzy on using a water bladder in this pack. Is carrying a bladder and routing the tube something that's designed into it, or something I'd have to MacGyver a bit to make work?

Andrew_H and RED-FIVE like this.
  7. RED-FIVE

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Hey PHRN5,
    It would be a MacGyver situ...

I see some definitely enjoy hiking with the Evade. Nothing keeping you from rigging it for a bladder. Maybe those can chime in on their setup.

This question came up in a previous discussion...
    https://www.edcforums.com/threads/alpha-one-niner-evade-2-0-wish-list.138709/page-11#post-2673606

Not sure it was answered with a conclusive method for rigging hydration.

Few thoughts....
    There's not really a specific section designed around hydration reservoirs. Just the two side pockets that can carry up to a 1L Nalgene bottle. Unfortunately there is no hydration hose port or drain grommets. The hose could be run through the dual closed zippers.

Another issue is where to secure the bladder. The three areas that do have hanging D-rings are the top of the admin pocket, main section, and the ccw pocket behind the back panel.

I think the ccw pocket, meant for slender items, is simply too narrow in terms of depth.... something over 3/4" to an 1" max like a water bladder is not going to have sufficient room, and throw off the profile of the back panel.

The main sections d-rings have a limited load bearing capacity. They work well for supporting lighter weight pouches, and work with pals panels that need top support as the panel sits also on the bottom of the compartment. Then there's the admin d-ring which similar in nature to the others.

Not sure how or if Helm addressed this with the new gen Evade. So, I suspect it will be a matter of compromise when it comes to internal hydration. It's definitely something that can be done, if determined. Let us know how it turns out when you do!

As we understand, the Evade packs weren't designed from an "outdoors" perspective... It's inspired more by an EDC-Travel-Lowpro-Tactics purview.

RF

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Oct 2, 2018
    #287 RED-FIVE, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Andrew_H likes this.
  8. RED-FIVE

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Another quick thought on rigging internal hydration in the Evade 2.0....

The optional internal PALS panel that Helm showed earlier could be a viable option for securing a bladder in the main compartment. It would provide a load bearing platform with multiple attachment points in that regards. That's something to consider.

Andrew_H likes this.
  9. PHRN5

PHRN5 Loaded Pockets

The optional PALS panel is a good idea to mull over. Every so often I have the irrational urge to find The One Bag -- something that can handle EDC, road riding (bicycle) and photo excursions. I realize those three alone are wildly different activities that have and deserve their own bags. Now and then I forget to transfer certain items from one bag to another and think, "Really, there's got to be A bag that can handle 95% of what I do!" and off I go, searching again.

The Evade came really close to being that, though a lack of loop/PALS in the main compartment and an obvious way to carry a bladder dropped it out of contention. From what Helm and others have written, the new version seems really, really close to being the bag that will keep me sane (most of the time)

10. RED-FIVE

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Of course you could just place the reservoir in the padded laptop compartment. Though there is no attachment at the top, it should have the depth to accommodate something depending...the narrow profile of the pocket could help to the reservoir from slumping to some extent.

It's definitely feasible if your not carrying a laptop. Personally, I would wrap the reservoir in a dry bag just incase.

#290 RED-FIVE, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Andrew_H likes this.
  11. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Sorry for the delay guys but I’ve drafted my next post and it will go on a new thread. I am going to limit the quantity of the Evade 2.0 for this release. And no the Evade is not designed to hold a bladder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Myrddraal, Pangari1, littleme and 2 others like this.
  12. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

Uh-oh, gotta watch out as to not miss that post then!

Bobby Leang likes this.
  13. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

14. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

@HELM Will the pals panel, beaver tail etc be available to buy from your site at a later point, if one would decide not to purchase it with the pack now?

RED-FIVE likes this.
  15. RED-FIVE

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Alright it's official...

EVADE 2.0 REVISIONS:

1. It’s 1” taller and 1” wider at the base
    2. The shoulders are now sewn-in with lifters
    3. Mesh back with luggage handle
    4. Elastic cord has been moved to within the perimeter of the front zippered panel
    5. Two removable 1” compression straps
    6. Loops and straps at the bottom of pack
    7. The inside of the front organizer compartment has a zippered mesh pocket
    8. That front compartment has a loop/hook detachable organizer and an option is available
    9. Top quick access pocket is now lined with Nilex
    10. Main compartment has 2 columns of loop on the back wall and webbing attachment points for optional PALS panel; this is also a secondary location for the elastic cord that is provided.
    11. The 3 d-rings have been raised some.
    12. All linings will be 210D light gray ripstop.

Options include the following:
    • Beavertail (BVT)
    • Detachable PALS panel for the main compartment (PALS)
    • Detachable optional organizer with elastic webbing (Type 2)
    Limited release with the following Colors:
    • 500D Black nylon (BK)
    • 500D Wolf Gray nylon (GY)
    • 420D Black diamond ripstop (DRB)
    • 500D Multicam Black (MCB)
    • and a test run of 1050D ballistic nylon in Black (NOT 1680D)(BNB)
    *For Limited release only, all packs will come with matching fabric patch to cover that loop patch in front.

I thought it might be useful to have the final revisions also displayed here for further discussion.
    ;)

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Thursday at 2:08 PM
    #295 RED-FIVE, Oct 11, 2018 at 2:48 AM
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 2:08 PM
  16. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Sorry guys just got up. Yes it would.

Rainy likes this.
  17. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Thanks RF.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  18. TankTop5

TankTop5 Loaded Pockets

It actually holds a bladder quite nicely, I’ve hiked hundreds of miles with it... it’s also my EDC and has been s 3 day pack once, not recommended.

P.S. you met me at DIA a couple years back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE and HELM like this.
  19. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Which compartment do you normally hold the bladder In? What size bladder do you use?

Thanks.

20. TankTop5

TankTop5 Loaded Pockets

I use a 3L from Osprey and put it in the padded laptop compartment. It looks like there’s some play but it really doesn’t move around.

Here it is at about 9,000’

[​IMG]

Myrddraal, Rainy and RED-FIVE like this.