1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alpha One Niner - Evade 2.0 Wish List

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RED-FIVE, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

Seriously though, a month has passed with complete radio silence and were closing up to the date where it was said this project might be finished. I guess youre really busy, but theres gotta be some news?

race2c and RED-FIVE like this.
  2. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

Yes, that would be nice. I am wanting to go on a bag spending spree, yet know that A19er Evade 2.0 is on the top of my list.

RED-FIVE and ccwaters like this.
  3. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Guys I just got back from an overseas trip. Now let me be frank and say that I have a lot of work to do and projects to complete. Some of you already know that A19 is a personal project of my own but my responsibility is to the primary company and all my employees both CONUS and OCONUS. While I endeavor to provide an update as often as I can there are days and weeks when I have to see to the main work we do. Not sure if anyone saw this press release on Soldier System a few weeks back.

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/04/02/sert-at-dsa-defence-services-asia-2018/

Anyway I put the Evade 2.0 project on hold while I was getting the team ready for the above launch. I did however get a chance to dust off a previous project I was working on. Here are some photos. Nothing has been set nor determined for this, it is still a personal work in progress and I have yet to T&E it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hddeuce88, RED-FIVE, littleme and 3 others like this.
  4. BTG108

BTG108 Loaded Pockets

Helm- we always appreciate your honesty and openness. Thanks for the update. When you ship the Evade 2.0 I’ll buy one.

Also, that other pack is really great looking! I’d probably buy one of those too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE and HELM like this.
  5. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Ha ha thanks mate. I’m not sure what to make of this pack right now. It needs some work for sure.

6. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

That pack looks awesome HELM. What’s the capacity on it roughly? I actually wish the Evade 2.0 used that type of attachment for the shoulder straps. It appears they are connected directly to the bag?

7. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Yes it does. That’s what I am looking at, taking some elements from this pack and incorporating it into the new Evade. The inside is also different in which it has the elastic cord on this back wall with an option to clip in a, say, PALS webbing platform. Volume is tad bit more than current Evade cos it’s 19x12x7. It still requires work but like I said, I am looking at possibility combining the two. I am currently traveling with this prototype and do like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

If you get a chance to take some pics of the interior that would be great. Thanks.

GoBliNuke likes this.
  9. sparktofire

sparktofire Loaded Pockets

Looks awesome

10. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

The new pack looks really interesting.

#190 SOS24, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  11. littleme

littleme Loaded Pockets

Very nice! I'm definitely going to be needing one of these in solid black too now :inlove:

RED-FIVE likes this.
  12. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

I noticed that the CCW pocket of the Evade 1.0 has the D ring on the top of that section. I wonder if this pocket could be used to hold a small water bladder as well? If so it would be nice to have a pass through hole at the top as well. But have it in a way to prevent water from getting in when raining.

13. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

Although i fully understand that youre a busy man, and that the Evade 2.0 was a personal project, its hard not to be a bit disappointed that it got shelved for a while. Id say the disapointment is a testament to the fact that the bag was looking superexciting for alot of us, just the way it was when you posted the prototype pictures :D

DrPogo likes this.
  14. Alaarx

Alaarx Loaded Pockets

Delays are ok it'll get here eventually. Im excited for it to be the best pack it can be and my possible 1 bag travel for a year or 2 in Europe.

15. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

Bump...? :D

race2c likes this.
  16. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Hey guys. Final sample will be done next week and I will release some photos. We will then go directly into production if this new sample is good to go. Latest update is the mesh back of the pack and the shoulder straps sewn directly into the pack and no via webbing as in the first version.

I will not be making anymore revisions nor changes after this because we all know how it is; it will be a never ending story. I will provide the final list of revisions as soon as this last sample has been evaluated and before I give the green light for production.

Thanks again for all the patience guys.

[​IMG]

Bobby Leang, DrPogo, Gh0st and 6 others like this.
  17. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Like that the straps are sewn directly. Wish the carry handle remained in the original location but not a deal breaker. I also noticed that the mesh design on the back changed. I’m assuming it adds better comfort or air flow? Looking forward to seeing the final design.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  18. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

Aye, i also like the straps. Are those waterbottlepockets mesh or cordura?

19. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Chris, the carry handle will go back to the original position. Tested a bunch of mesh back patterns and this one was was the most promising.

Btw I will not longer produce the packs in 1000D, only 500D and possibly other fabrics.

And the old gray will be replaced by the new Wolf Gray.

#199 HELM, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  20. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

The mesh ones did not work out as well for the original intended use, it will be nylon.

#200 HELM, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    sleestac, Myrddraal and RED-FIVE like this.