1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alpha One Niner - Evade 1.5 Version Announced!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RED-FIVE, May 16, 2019.

1. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Same here. If I get the 1.5 I will probably not get the ballistic material. It is really nice, just adds too much weight to the pack though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bimmer4me and chaosmagnet like this.
  2. F-Bobby

F-Bobby EDC Junkie

I've got the Evade as my GHB. I could definitely see myself picking up another one.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  3. Boarhunterward

Boarhunterward Empty Pockets

Do we know when to expect it? I definitely want to preorder one.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  4. RED-FIVE
    • +3 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Just waiting on Helm to offer further intel when the (second) pre-production sample is approved.

Once he has a sample that satisfies his production standards, he'll be able to reasonably project a time frame for release.

#24 RED-FIVE, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
    chaosmagnet likes this.
  5. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

Nice to hear about a smaller pack!

Maybe "just" resizing a fantastic bag (EV2) isn't enough, and a hard-to-find (for me) feature would be a nice addition? :D

Not sure if this fits into the concept (Sentinel) @HELM may envision ...

I'm struggling to find a modular EDC backpack that has enclosed (or smart attached, no MOLLE/PALS doesn't work ... read below) a smaller pack that can be used both when mounted to the backpack, but also stand-alone.

Typical scenario: using the backpack (with mounted smaller bag) to commute/travel from start to destination (like office, customer site, friend, etc.). Being hard pressed to leave the backpack at destination when for example heading out with mates to lunch or dinner - but need some essential stuff with me (= more than can fit into my pants/jacket pockets).

Here a quick detachable grab-and-go small EDC (about the size of a fanny pack +/-) shoulder bag would be a champion!

I'm not sure if hook & loop would be a good option (risk to loose it when attached outside to the backpack); I would prefer some space to "insert" the small modular EDC shoulder bag into the backpack. Like Osprey Farpoint in a smaller edition, but with quick detach and re-attach in a secure (theft, loosing) way.

Sorry if this is an odd idea or if it's "old stuff" - I would appreciate links to those modular bags.

6. GoBliNuke

GoBliNuke Loaded Pockets

I'm sort of "not happy" to hijack the thread, but did you consider 5.11 Mira 2-in-1?
    Or maybe some DIY attachment a fanny pack to the backpack with repair fastexes?
    Perhaps new separate thread will be better.

7. RED-FIVE
    • +3 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Hey everyone! Here's an Evade 1.5 Update from Helm over the weekend...

"I have 2 new samples inbound next week. I will get some comparison photos done and get ‘em up!"

8. Barrister
    • +1 Supporter

Barrister Loaded Pockets

Oh happy day!! Thanks for keeping us non facebookers updated. I am looking forward to seeing what goodness comes with the v1.5.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

9. READYSETGO
    • In Omnia Paratus

READYSETGO Loaded Pockets

Put me on list! I love my 2.0 and have designs for the 1.5. Can't wait!

chaosmagnet and RED-FIVE like this.
  10. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Guys, my apologies for the tardy revert. Will explain as soon as I can but rather immediately here are some phots comparing the EV2 to the new EV1.5!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

chaosmagnet, GoBliNuke, MH-05 and 3 others like this.
  11. RED-FIVE
    • +3 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Evade 1.5 Update from Helm... He also showed the grey EV1.5 next to an EV1 in Kryptek Typhon (shown below).

[​IMG]

Further Comments from Helm...

"Uploading new photos right now. First few are side x side comparison between the gray EV2 and the new gray EV1.5 sample. The last is a comparison between a Typhon EV1 and the EV1.5 - you can see that these are almost similar in dimensions except that the EV1.5 is a tad taller."

Looks awesome and much appreciated for the update Helm! Has the sample hit the mark as far as getting all the details up to your standard, and no more changes?

Q: Can you give any (even if tentative) time frame for opening the EV1.5 Preorder?

Also, really glad to see the bottom-back/front loops incorporated for bottom compression, as it could be used by some for its utility purposes, if not for the compression.

Q: Will this remain in the feature set for production?

Looks like it has the Front Velcro field patch?

Q: Will that be standard as well?

Thanks again for the nice pics sir!

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Jun 13, 2019
    #31 RED-FIVE, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    chaosmagnet and Barrister like this.
  12. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

@RED-FIVE - before I answer your Qs, let copy and paste what I just posted on the A19 page.

"Alright guys, now that the photos are up, additional update on this. Bare with me while I figure out the best option for a wait list for this. The last time we did the EV2 we managed to get everyone covered but boy it was quite the task. Those who supported the EV2 program know that when we get the wait list started, no deposits are required UNTIL just before we are ready to ship and I will do the final announcement on this.

Dimensions are just slightly larger than the EV1, otherwise this whole exercise is a moot point. Right now it’s 19” H x 12” x 6.5”, so 1/2” taller and 1/2” deeper, enough to make a difference.
    It has all the revisions of the EV2 except for one removable compression strap instead of 2.
    Current beavertails will absolutely work on the EV1.5 BUT it folds some at the bottom corners cos it is a tad wider since it was originally designed for the EV2.

The one question I am debating on is the back inside wall. The current EV2 PALS panel will not fit in this ‘cos it’s understandably taller. So the question is, permanent PALS/Loop or not? Memo to myself/all - 70% of those who bought the EV2 also ordered the PALS panel.
    "

Ref sample - I'm still debating that last part, what should we do with that back wall.

Ref pre-order - trying to figure out if we can do this directly on the A19 store but without the deposit. If I can figure this one out, we can get it done ASAP.

Ref production - I think the EV1.5 will be the last variant for sure and I will keep it in production for as long as I can.

Ref front patch - this is now standard ;)

13. littleme

littleme Loaded Pockets

Ive been so happy with my 1050D 2.0 literally my perfect pack but after seeing this 1.5 I know im going to have to get it too because...... it's an evade and why not :D

RED-FIVE and chaosmagnet like this.
  14. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Guys before I forget, let me take this opportunity to thank @RED-FIVE for keeping everyone posted and updated while I was away. Most of you already know that A19 is a labor of love and unfortunately not my 9 to 5 although after the release of the EV2 I can't seem to get a day off from A19! The defense trade takes me all over and given the drama that's been going on the world over, it's keeping those in our trade busy these past few months. Anyway thanks again @RED-FIVE for covering in my absence!

Now for those inquiring about the Sentinel, I am close to making a decision on releasing that but only after I've seen the sample. This one would be the Evade 1.5 Lite, ie, no laptop compartment, just a deeper main compartment.

And that would be it guys for Evade line. Technically it is in it's 4th year and it was done extremely well for itself the world over. And it all started here at EDCF!

15. Barrister
    • +1 Supporter

Barrister Loaded Pockets

Outstanding. I didn't know I needed this, now I dont know I can live without. This is another near perfect pack and I am definitely onboarding. As far as input (if your asking)

Ref sample - I'm still debating that last part, what should we do with that back wall.

I prefer the plain back wall. There is enough organization that I dont find myself wanting/needing to hang anything there. A matroskya pouch rides on the rear triglide and takes care of my needs. My 0.02.

Ref front patch - this is now standard
    Is this available separate? I'd love to cover my EV2 velcro field.

Looking forward to this, thanks again Helm for all you do.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

16. RED-FIVE
    • +3 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

My pleasure sir, you're most welcome! Thank you for all the updates and response!

Sorry @HELM for any confusion... To clarify my question concerning the Bottom/Side compression loops...

Ques: Are those Bottom/Side compression loops going into the production version of the EV1.5's? I vote to leave them as part of the "feature set"?

The reason I mention this... If they are not going to be used for Bottom/Side compression, then maybe leave them on the EV1.5 for the utility aspect of strapping additional gear to a side of the pack. For instance a tripod for building the EV1.5 out as a photo pack. ;)

EDIT: Additional comments, Links and pictures added....

Ref back wall: I think it would be better in terms of weight savings to have a removable PALS.Velcro panel. Going with a built in approach is an option. Or perhaps in the near future, there could be developed a quick removable, "stand-alone" PALS/Velcro Panel much like TAD, LBT and others have developed. Something that can be attached at the top and rotated out or detached all together quickly when in the field. 6 columns by 7 rows same as the EV2 panel, but a bit smaller overall dimensions 15."x10" or 16"x11".

Additional panels features may be an all loop velcro backside? HDPE stiffened of course with a detachable handle.

Panel examples:

LBT Inc. PALS Panel Insert....
    https://lbtinc.com/collections/pack-accessories/products/2876a

TAD Control 1 Panel...
    https://tripleaughtdesign.com/shop/control-panel-1/

Kifaru Chamber Slider PALS Panel...
    https://store.kifaru.net/mobile/chamber-slider-p252.aspx

Would you consider just a wall of loop velcro for the back wall, and no PALS/Velcro? I've heard a few calls for this recently. Since the Sentinel is, I'm assuming, going to have essentially the same built in PALS/Velcro back wall, the EV1.5 could be another variant with the possibility of adding a stand-alone quick detach panel later on.

I think a decent PALS Panel is a piece gear that's under represented by current design and quality standards. We need the ONE that's just right... Compact, made well, good design, and this time around, a version without extra built in cargo/pockets options. Panel with PALS/Velcro, internal HDPE , sturdy, movable handle, compatible attachment system. etc. Possibly even one that is able to accept an armor plate.

Pictured below is my Evade 1 with velcro loop back wall mod and PALS panel concept.

Thanks again Helm for the pics and intel!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Jun 13, 2019
    #36 RED-FIVE, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    GoBliNuke and MH-05 like this.
  17. gaap master

gaap master Loaded Pockets

(fingers crossed)

twin63 and RED-FIVE like this.
  18. RED-FIVE
    • +3 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Possible EV1.5 Back Wall Configurations:

1. PLAIN. (light grey ripstop lining)

2. LOOP VELCRO. (full wall?)

3. PALS/VELCRO. (6x7 pattern built-in & same as the back wall of Sentinel)

OR...

4. COMBINATION OF TWO OPTIONS:

A. MODULAR "QUICK DETACH" PALS/VELCRO PANEL. (6x7 pattern, Non Velcro mounted & quick
    detachable via top hardware attachment system)

B. Back wall still needs to be a configuration of #1-Plain, #2-Loop Velcro, or #3-PALS/Velcro Panel.
    (See observations below)

5. PALS/VELCRO (6x3 "Top Half" of back wall pattern built-in & similar to Go Ruck GR Series/Paladin Raider Backpack) [EDITED: add option 5.- 6/18/19]

**Did I leave out any other possible back wall options you can think of?

Few critical observations ...
    • Each of these four configurations has a weight factor that increases from the [lightest] #1, to #2 & #5 (in theory) similar med weights. #3 & #4 would have the potential to be the [heaviest] options. #4-has a variable weight factor due to the option to remove completely the PALS/Velcro panel, and weight is then determined solely by the back wall configuration.
    • #1-Plain back wall has significant versatility despite having less mounting options, as well as being the lightest option... can be used with stand alone PALS panel without redundancy compared with other back wall configs at which point weight will vary.
    • #2-Loop Velcro (which could be "mildly" redundant with all the Loop velcro used on the stand alone PALS/Velcro Panel?). Can be used with standalone PALS Panel, and with increased mounting options when used with hook backed velcro pouches. Lighter than PALS/Velcro, with a loss of direct mounting of molle pouches unless a PALS to velcro adaptor is used which adds additional weight. Velcro pouches can be detached quickly. The sound induced by removing velcro pouches from a wall of loop or panel may pose significant issues depending on the use case.
    • #3-PALS/Velcro "built-in" like Sentinel style, increased built-in mounting options with an increased weight from the design of webbing and velcro combined. Versatility is debatable when compared to a quick detach PALS panel system. PALS/Velcro built wall is fixed and inherently stable, with weight and support limits. By design offers enhanced utility, while possibly diminishing the benefits of modularity. Much of this comes down to use case. Can be used with standalone PALS panels, with a weight penalty for redundancy when lighter weights gear systems are preferred. Depending on the gear systems mounted onto a built-in PALS/Velcro the setup can be made quite secure with the proper setup. The amount of weight a wall of PALSVelcro can support varies on the design if the internal layers of the bag/pack. The design is used to high degree of effectiveness in many current bag offerings.
    • #4-Combo of Two options represents a viable quick detach PALS Panel solution, and a determination is still needed for the back wall option. The back wall could be config'd as one of the following options: #1-Plain, #2-Loop Velcro "full wall", #3-PALS/Velcro 6x7. A standalone PALS/Velcro panel in designed with HDPE internal support offers full modularity for velcro or molle pouches or both. Versatile, removable when not in use, has potential to be the both the lightest and heaviest depending on the back wall option it is paired with. The standalone panel could provide a universal platform to use with other packs taking advantage of compatible quick detach hardware, many attachment solutions currently exist. Multiple panels could be setup for substitution depending on the need.
    • (Edited)--Option #5-PALS/Velcro 6x3 built-in to the top half of back wall, allows for substantial mounting options for pouches, additional standalone PALS panels, admin organizers, at a reduced weight compared to the "full wall" PALS/Velcro pattern. Further benefits may also include reduced production costs. Can be used with stand alone PALS panels avoiding gross redundancy.
    • The three Matroskya D-Ring hangers would be standard in any final configuration.
    Of course since time is of the essence, there may not be the option to produce a separate PALS Panel at this juncture, that's up to @HELM. It is interesting to run some of these different scenarios though. Seems like there's definitely a reasonable solution here.

I appreciate hearing everyone's feedback thus far! So, that's enough my of ramblings, what are you guys thinking about the back wall option?

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Jun 18, 2019
    #38 RED-FIVE, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    MH-05 likes this.
  19. MH-05

MH-05 Loaded Pockets

Im excited to hear about the 1.5.
    Can I assume that the materials used would be the same as the 2.0?

As far as the back wall, Id prefer to either have a permanent molle or loop. As the size is 'relatively small' it wouldn't be the same as the 2.0 to have a detachable panel but that's just my own personal preference.

Same as Barrister, if I ordered the 1.5, Id like to get additional cover patch for my 2.0. I hope it'd be available.

It's just a wishful thinking, it'd be great if there's another 1/2" wider too. So, 1/2" additional in all directions. :)
    Lastly, would it be available in navy blue 500D (if the mat'l is the same as 1.0) and 1050D (if the mat'l is the same as 2.0).

Thank you Helm. Can't wait to get new updates soon.

Bimmer4me and RED-FIVE like this.
  20. Jackr

Jackr Loaded Pockets

Comments:

1) Would love to see Sentinel given the go ahead.
    2) For both Sentinel and Evade-Full loop and/or loop molle on back wall
    3) Sentinel with beaver tail option
    4) For both packs - Ripstop option

Thanks for all the work.

RED-FIVE likes this.