1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alpha One Niner - Evade 1.5 Version Announced!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RED-FIVE, May 16, 2019 at 8:23 PM.

1. RED-FIVE
    • +3 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

I just saw this news from Helm at Alpha One Niner!

"ALPHA ONE NINER - EVADE 1.5 BACKPACK will be produced!"

This will be an Evade 1.0 EDC sized backpack with the EV2 style features. Helm posted on his FB page today. These are his comments...

Gang, keep an eye on this space for the announcement of the very last Evade variant, the 1.5 (name courtesy of Bobby). More info to follow shortly. In short, I've been reading the comments and feedback and there appears to be a number of you who want the same revisions found on the EV2 but in a smaller package like the EV1. So be careful what you wished for!

Here' the deal....I have been keeping tabs and was honestly planning a later release. This AM things took a challenging turn and the production shop is gonna get inundated with mil contracts very shortly. Rather than risk not getting the 1.5 out, I had to trigger the release ahead of schedule.

As soon as the sample gets here I will do the photos and get the specs etc but I'm sure most of you already know what to expect. FYI this will be the last of the Evades, it will be time to move on to the next chapter and we have all you guys to thank for a helluva run!

Helm

This is awesome news! I'm sure Helm will be along in time with all the details and info. Since he's swamped at the moment, we can give him an assist! So, I'll get the discussion moving along until he gets the opportunity to come back in with all the additional intel on this project . ;)

If this New Evade 1.5 pack news catches you by surprise, here's a bit of background...

With the Evade 2.0 pack in the books, it is no secret that many were still wishing for that additional, smaller version of the EV2 pack that was proposed by Helm during the discussion from the EV2 Wish List Thread back in Dec. 2017. His post addressing the details is found here: https://www.edcforums.com/threads/alpha-one-niner-evade-2-0-wish-list.138709/#post-2657547

Yes, that's right! The smaller version of the Evade 2 that was at one time on the drawing board. Unfortunately it didn't make the cut due to tightening production schedules in his primary mil contract work. Though not completely abandoned, the concept of the smaller version was set aside for future consideration.

In the end, only the larger sized Evade 2.0 made it into production. Since the last of the EV2's were shipped, Helm has acknowledged that he hears the calls for a smaller pack. However, he had yet to make an official announcement of when he might pursue a form of the EV1 sized pack with EV2 revisions and enhancements... UNTIL TODAY! ;)

So here we are again! I'm looking forward to this release, and continuing our discussion of the final phase of the Evade's future on the EDCF.

Many thanks to Helm for going all out to make it happen!

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Yesterday at 12:20 AM
    #1 RED-FIVE, May 16, 2019 at 8:23 PM
    Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 12:20 AM
  2. gaap master

gaap master Loaded Pockets

Very excited about this. The EV2 was my first A19 bag, so I don’t have any experience with the EV1. I really dig the features of the EV2, but the weight is substantial.

My wish list specs for the EV1.5 would be:
    - same height and width as EV1
    - same main compartment depth as EV2
    - organization features from EV2
    - no laptop compartment (like the UP Lite)

chaosmagnet, Bimmer4me and RED-FIVE like this.
  3. Barrister

Barrister Loaded Pockets

I liked the idea of the urban pathfinder, will this be instead of or in addition to? Love my evade 2, but a smaller version would fill some other needs for a fast and lite EDC. Great news

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE likes this.
  4. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

I might be selling the EV2 BNB since i never use it, only to buy this 1.5 that is what I originally envisioned/wanted. Here's my asks of the 1.5 version:

- Same height and width of the EV1
    - Same main compartment depth (1" more than the EV1) as the EV2
    - All the other features of the EV2 i'm good with, except I would do away with the rear CCW compartment (removes unnecessary weight)
    - The same back padding/design and straps with load lifters would be awesome on the 1.5\
    - Make the pack available in the same bad arse 1050D ballistic nylon

5. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

This is my dream pack. I will definitely be buying one.

My main change request for the 1.5 would be to ditch the load lifters. Or maybe it could be an option. I would also love to see a solid wall of loop in the back of the main compartment as opposed to the two strips. I don't even care if any of that gets changed though. I am all in.

I think this is a great testament to Helm as a business man/member of this community that he is willing to take our feedback and go through the trouble to put it into a product that is essentially his side gig. Blown away by this.

Happygodavid likes this.
  6. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I can't imagine buying a third one?!
    I knew exactly what was coming and it is just not as big as I need anyway.
    17" Mac does not safely fit.
    I do love the Ballistic vs. Cordura but unless there are Zippers that seem to be as tough as the Ballistic this is a no start to even consider for me,plus I already threw more money at the 2.0 than I had ever planned to.

Bimmer4me likes this.
  7. calgarycowboy

calgarycowboy Empty Pockets

Looking forward to see the specs. Really loved the look of the 2.0 features but never bit due to the size. I'd love to see the same features, with the ability to fit a 15" laptop.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk