1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alpha One Niner - Evade 1.5 and 1.5 "Lite" Released!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RED-FIVE, May 16, 2019.

1. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

I finally got the weekend evals on this new harness done. Yesterday I loaded it up for both work and the gym and hauled it around from 0900H til well past 2300H, hitting one part of the city (Ho Chi Minh City or Saigon for the old farts like me) to another.

Today however was the real test, loading the pack and walking across the city. I started by the airport where our Studio is, all the way downtown to District 1 and onwards to District 4. I got a vid done of it but let me apologize in advance for the bad audio for some parts of it. For those who have not gotten the opportunity to visit this incredible city, some sights captured just for you [​IMG];)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H53apfds5Y

It's very late right now so I'm gonna go crash but will check in tomorrow.

Thanks.

HELM

2. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Just passed the pack to my local partner here. She's headed off to the Maldives for a week. Good time for an extended evaluation! She's literally 5' compared to my 6' 1" and the pack fits her just as well.

[​IMG]

race2c, ran23, twin63 and 3 others like this.
  3. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Excellent Helm! Enjoyed the video and always appreciate the updates! Nothing like a good cleansing sweat Ha! Looks steamy there for sure! Glad to hear you're on the mend. The Med NB DR (MNBDR?) looks very nice. That does look like the "Lite" version... Removing the laptop comp does relax the top, which seems to allow the packs material behind the handle conform to the top of the shoulders.
    Thanks for sharing ;)

#163 RED-FIVE, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    chaosmagnet, twin63 and Myrddraal like this.
  4. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

So EXCITED... the wife thinks I just saw a trailer of the next Marvel movie or something.

RED-FIVE, Myrddraal and ccwaters like this.
  5. tkill

tkill Loaded Pockets

Red-five, sorry to get off topic but I just saw these pics of your modified Evade 1.0. I have an Evade 1.0 and I have been trying to figure out how to install velcro loop on the back panel of the main compartment. Can you give me any details on how you did this? And I'd love to know how you made the molle panel as well. Thanks!

Last edited by tkill, Aug 12, 2019
    #165 tkill, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    RED-FIVE likes this.
  6. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

I’ve been jonesing for some kind of an update, picture, video, or anything to feed my craving for this bag. I am very excited.

7. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Some intel from Helm this last week... New samples inbound. Hopefully find out more when he returns.;)

"We have new samples done and these are headed my way for review. Problem is my schedule is unforgiving even though I’m back stateside; I’m headed for training and DSEI in the UK next week. If I get it on time I’ll share whatever I have." Helm

MH-05, race2c, Barrister and 5 others like this.
  8. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

chaosmagnet and RED-FIVE like this.
  9. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Some new shots of the Evade 1.5 in ranger green[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MH-05, chaosmagnet, ran23 and 11 others like this.
  10. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Welcome back Helm!
    Verrrry cool color combo!! The fully (ripstop) lined main compartment is a nice addition.

Just curious... what color was the other sample? Have these latest samples met your expectations thus far?

Thanks for the new pics!:cool:

11. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

So far the revisions look good. The main one is the shoulder straps - we used mesh on the inside part that resulted in softer straps. As a result the straps mold better to your shoulders and carry much better even though it looks thin.

12. Happygodavid

Happygodavid Loaded Pockets

That is one sexy pack. May even make me consider a color swap on my preorder. Good job, HELM!

RED-FIVE, chaosmagnet and Chris C like this.
  13. Boarhunterward

Boarhunterward Loaded Pockets

Sorry if I missed this, but do we know the weight difference between the diamond ripstop and the 500d?

14. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Still waiting for the specs on the 420D DRB and BNB 1050D. I've been loggin specs for the entire Evade series back in post #1 for reference. An update and edit to that post will be added soon as Helm shares the additional specs.

twin63 likes this.
  15. Boarhunterward

Boarhunterward Loaded Pockets

Thanks!

RED-FIVE likes this.
  16. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

@HELM how would you say the thickness of straps differ between the EV1 original, EV2, and EV1.5?

Personally I preferred the EV1 thickness with the design of the EV2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE and chaosmagnet like this.
  17. Fird

Fird Loaded Pockets

Just smashed that there pre-order button, I hope I'm not too late!! This forum is seriously awesome, went from overwhelmed by the number of 'tacticool' bag choices containing most of the features I needed but something I didn't like on each.. to finding literally the perfect pack for me.

Thanks Helm and others who are making this possible!

18. Fird

Fird Loaded Pockets

It appears pre-order page is gone, I must've just squeaked in at the end :bounce:. Thanks!

19. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

Getting close to the hopeful end of month release date! Helm has been posting the latest updates on the A19 FB page!

chaosmagnet likes this.
  20. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

It's true the EV 1.5 preorder pages were taken down to do a final count of preorders.

Also, I know the shoulder straps have had another revision since the Ranger Green EV1.5 pack was shown above. This added an additional layer of foam padding and brings the internal layers to a total of three... Air-spacer mesh, neoprene and EVA foam. Hopefully, this will encourage some who were wondering if the straps will be even more comfortable.

This production sample of the Multicam EV1.5 "Lite" features these latest shoulder strap revisions...

Recent comments from Helm...
    "... we had a pre-order open for this a couple of months back. It's the production phase as we speak and we're still gunning to get the first batch out at the end of this month. There will be a few extras here available here and there so please keep an eye out for the release on this page. On the design side, it's an exact replica of the 2018 Evade 2.0 except that we have re-worked the shoulder straps and a couple of smaller details... Helm"

If he doesn't get the chance to share the latest pics and vid with us... here's the links for those...

Helm's video rundown of the EV 1.5 Lite in black Multicam (it's looking really great)...
    https://www.facebook.com/AlphaOne9/videos/vb.434743186598884/448995902410404/?type=3&theater

More pics at A19 FB photo album...
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/AlphaOne9/photos/?tab=album&album_id=571091542964047&ref=page_internal

Hopefully he'll share more details with us soon!
    ;)

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Feb 8, 2020
    #180 RED-FIVE, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020