1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alpha One Niner - Evade 1.5 and 1.5 "Lite" Released!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RED-FIVE, May 16, 2019.

1. Norseman

Norseman Loaded Pockets

Oh duh I see how to scroll on the pics now. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE likes this.
  2. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Hey @Norseman I remembered Helm shared a comparison shot of the Evade in Kryptek Typhon posted back on page 2. I believe @Chris C and quite a few of us own KT Evade's. A nice alternate from black. I was really glad to have that color option again. I bugged Helm about it during the EV2 work up, but it wasn't meant to be. He must have dug up more KT on his "fabric expedition" in the dark recesses of the production studio. ;)

Anyways, more pics of past Evade colors including Kryptek Typhon etc. (Mr. Chris C get's his EV1 KT) are seen here starting from about page.12 on.

https://www.edcforums.com/threads/reserve-your-evade-backpacks-here.128247/page-12#post-2367673

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Sep 30, 2019
    #122 RED-FIVE, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    chaosmagnet and Norseman like this.
  3. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Does anyone have the the original EV ripstop grey that compare it to Chio in wolf grey?

chaosmagnet and RED-FIVE like this.
  4. Boarhunterward

Boarhunterward Loaded Pockets

I can’t wait to see an overview video.

5. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

You know what would be an awesome tone of grey for an Evade? The Shadow Grey Cordura that Helikon-Tex used for the Raider pack! [in a dead pan - Napoleon Dynamite voice] "Dark grey is interesting mostly because it's very shadowy... "
    :cool:

shadowy | ˈSHadōē | adjective (shadowier, shadowiest) full of shadows: the shadowy back streets of Stringtown. • of uncertain identity or nature: a shadowy figure appeared through the mist | the shadowy world of covert operations. • insubstantial; unreal: they were attacked by a swarm of shadowy, ethereal forms.
    Thesaurus
    shadowy adjective1 a shadowy corridor: dark, dim, gloomy, murky, crepuscular, shady, shaded; literary tenebrous. ANTONYMS bright.2 a shadowy figure: indistinct, hazy, indefinite, vague, nebulous, ill-defined, faint, blurred, blurry, unclear, indistinguishable, unrecognizable; ghostly, spectral, wraithlike. ANTONYMS clear.

Who said the bag forum couldn't be educational... It's a gonna be a long three months, so we might as well enjoy the ride!

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Jul 16, 2019
    #125 RED-FIVE, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    chaosmagnet and twin63 like this.
  6. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

I hope not then I wouldn’t know which color or material to get. I’m really trying to be good and just get one this time haha.

On a side note I’m hoping to thin the herd a little with all of my bags once I get a hold of the EV1.5.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  7. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Ha! I hear ya!

8. Norseman

Norseman Loaded Pockets

Man that black kryptec pattern is AWESOME!!! I added it to my cart and it’s $217. Can that be right???

RED-FIVE likes this.
  9. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Ya I like it too! The Evade was my first KT piece. That's the norm for specialty printed fabrics... It's mostly standard for the "Licensed" camo patterns to have an up charge. Companies like Crye Precision (Multicam), Kryptek (Typhon and others), etc., own the rights to their camo patterns, so they license the use of their camo designs to manufacturers who pass that cost on to the consumers.

This side of the industry is really fascinating...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MultiCam
    http://multicampattern.com

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Jul 16, 2019
    #129 RED-FIVE, Jul 16, 2019
    Norseman likes this.
  10. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

I plan on using the advice from the other thread and get it delivered to work and hope she doesn’t look too closely at the bank account.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  11. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Good one bro! ;) Hmmm... ever wonder if they read the forums? :eek:

Norseman likes this.
  12. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

My Evade 2.0 is BNB, and I love it — it’s heavier, but it feels completely bulletproof no matter what I do to it. My pre-order for the 1.5 is Wolf Grey, which I’m looking forward to. But a darker gray would be pretty cool as an option.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  13. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

WG's a nice choice! I always understood the EV2 BNB was going to be beefy, especially knowing the way A19 builds their stuff to stand up to the abuse of... "There and Back Again, and Again, and Again......" Still I do very much appreciate the 420D DRB for the weight savings among other things, like the smooth texture and finish.

#133 RED-FIVE, Jul 16, 2019
    twin63 and chaosmagnet like this.
  14. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Exactly. I still have the original EV in two tone rip stop and is still in excellent condition. And I’ve put it through a lot. I’ve owned all four materials and I will be getting the two tone for my last EV. Although you really can’t go wrong with any of the different materials.

RED-FIVE and chaosmagnet like this.
  15. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Amen! Ya it was a really tough choice, so many fine options. One can get in trouble real quick with that many choices! When I saw the 14 color options I was like "awww cooool... I mean sNap!!" He pulled out all the stops... bolts! It's all goodsville. :D Yep!

Can we tell that Helm is making sure the Evade Series goes out with a KA-BOOM!!?
    :smug:

#135 RED-FIVE, Jul 16, 2019
    chaosmagnet and twin63 like this.
  16. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

If they did I’d be screwed.

17. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Haaaaaa! :rofl:
    You should contact an admin, you may be eligible for a name change and enrollment in the "EDCF Member Protection Program".
    :ninja:

Once again!! See what @HELM has done to us!
    :smile_coffee:

chaosmagnet likes this.
  18. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

Mrs. Magnet’s reaction...goodness, I don’t know and I don’t want to find out. She already thinks I have too many bags, and she doesn’t know about all of them. Let’s not even talk about blades, flashlights, or firearms.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  19. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Hey Race, and if anyone else is interested... Keep an eye out within post #1 toward the bottom where I've been updating and logging the specs for the entire Evade Series for our reference. I'll continue updating until all specs have been disclosed. It's true Helm usually gets the production samples of all the different fabrics and then weighs them and posts the specs. Now that Helm has specific product pages for the EV1.5 & 1.5 Lite up and running, we can expect they will contain all the specs when available as well.

As far as “anticipated weight differences” between the 500D and 1050D? It's interesting to note the difference between the EV2 - 500D and EV2 - 1050D is about 0.5 lbs. according to the specs. The question still remains... Could this possibly be an indication, as a parallel trend, of the "similar" weight difference between the Evade 1.5 500D/1050D and 1.5 Lite 500D/1050D versions?
    Hmmm, Maybe! ;)

Hopefully we'll know soon!

#139 RED-FIVE, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    race2c, Myrddraal and chaosmagnet like this.
  20. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

Maybe a better weight comparison is the EV2 - 500d (4.4 lbs) to EV1.5 - 500d (3.8 lbs) which is a delta of 0.6 lbs. I would then infer that the EV1.5 - 1050d would be approx 4.3 lbs (4.9 lbs EV2 - 0.6 lbs delta)?

MH-05, RED-FIVE and chaosmagnet like this.