1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alpha One Niner - Evade 1.5 and 1.5 "Lite" Released!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RED-FIVE, May 16, 2019.

1. Mark22

Mark22 Empty Pockets

I have just received my invoice for a RG 500D and a 420D 1.5 Lite. The weight disappointed me a bit as well. I'm actually going to change my order and just get one of the bags because of it. Im thinking the 420D but I'm afraid it won't be as sturdy and keep it's shape while empty or half full as the 500D. Can anyone comment on the 420 DR sturdyness or stiffness? I have no doubt it is a durable material though.

Does anyone have and use the Matryoska pouches by the way? I don't know if I should order the deep pvc/mesh version or just the original smaller pvc ones. Any thoughts on the different materials or sizes?

Last edited by Mark22, Dec 6, 2019
    #301 Mark22, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    chaosmagnet and Bimmer4me like this.
  2. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

I use the smaller PVC one as a toiletry bag. The bigger mesh ones I usually use as a packing bag for clothes. The smaller mesh to organize my electronic cables, battery pack, and chargers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE and chaosmagnet like this.
  3. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

Anyone else notice that their rear CCW compartments came with regular zipper heads, not the lockable zipper heads?

chaosmagnet likes this.
  4. calgarycowboy

calgarycowboy Empty Pockets

If you look at @Tromba pictures above, you can see that on the back actually. Just normal plastic pulls.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

chaosmagnet and Bimmer4me like this.
  5. Captdave13

Captdave13 Loaded Pockets

That’s troubling to me. One of the selling points was that the CCC was lockable. Have to reconsider purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

Does anyone have a picture of 1050D next to 500D?

Evade next to evade would be nice, yet not required.

7. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

UPDATE: Concerning the timing and availability of "Production Extras" from the Evade1.5 Pre-Order.

Please note: These "Extras" will be made available AFTER all current Pre-Order Invoices have been filled and shipped to those who preordered the EV1.5's... Helm's announcement concerning the EV1.5 "Extras" now includes this clarification to avoid any confusion among those who are still waiting for their original pre-orders to be shipped out.

"...we'll have to wait until the rest of the pre-orders are shipped before we will make any of the extras available. The last time we tried to offer some extras it created some confusion so best to hold off. We will be announcing the extras as soon as we can." Helm

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Dec 12, 2019
    #307 RED-FIVE, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    chaosmagnet likes this.
  8. Fird

Fird Loaded Pockets

Hmm, well my pre-order invoice is paid, sounds like another batch of Type1 organizers are inbound so hopefully it'll ship soon. I'm beyond excited, even if the pack has a little more weight to it than initially planned. I always enjoy stuff more knowing someone has put real time, thought, energy, and heart into engineering and designing it.

9. calgarycowboy

calgarycowboy Empty Pockets

Just got my 1050d bag. 5.2lbs is the weight. Lockable zipper pulls are not present. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

#309 calgarycowboy, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  10. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

The EV1.5 specs have been updated on the product page, which now includes the 1050D weights:

Evade 1.5 (w/ laptop compartment) in BNB 1050D = 4.88 lbs.
    Evade 1.5 “Lite” (w/ no laptop compartment) in BNB 1050D = 4.32 lbs.
    • The current weight of the Full 500D is 4.4 lbs (2.00 kg) and 4.0 lbs (1.82 kg) for the Lite.
    • The current weight of the Full 420D is 4.0 lbs (1.82 kg) and 3.7 lbs (1.64 kg) for the Lite.
    • The current weight of the Full 1050D is 4.88 lbs (2.22 kg) and 4.32 lbs (1.96 kg) for the Lite.
    • Pack is heavier than the original Evade 1.0 because of selected add-ons like the full loop PALS wall.
    • Volume approximately 25 L and 22 L for the Lite.
    Not sure what the deal is with the regular zipper slider heads. The product page still lists the lockable zipper sliders for the ccw compartment as a feature. Not sure if this is wide spread or isolated to a certain number of packs. Have you guys reached out to Helm concerning this?

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Dec 14, 2019
    #310 RED-FIVE, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Bimmer4me and chaosmagnet like this.
  11. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Hey guys, hope all is well with all.

I just received an email from one of our friends here about the issue ref the lockable CCW compartment zippers.

Unfortunately I never noticed this until it was pointed out to me that the factory produced the EV1.5s with non-lockable zippers for the CCW compartment. I’ve not checked ALL the production Evades but I am going to assume that this is the case across the board.

Guys, nothing I can do about this on the product itself at this juncture so if this is an important requirement for anyone who has ordered and received the Evade 1.5 then please email me directly at admin AT alphaoneniner.com. I will get the team to issue an RWA for a full refund. And not to piss any current EV1.5 owners about any changes in the next production, I will have to keep the status quo.

So let me apologize in advance for this error. Rest assured that your satisfaction is our primary goal so if anyone here has this concern, please email me ASAP. I will be sending an email to all Evade 1.5 owners this week to highlight this production mistake.

I have just revised the product pages to reflect this. Thanks all and happy holidays!

12. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

@HELM, FYI, I saw you removed it from the differences section but the lockable zippers are still listed ar the bottom of the page

Other than the weight, I’m actually very very happy with the ev1.5 in 500d, it strikes the perfect balance of size, durability, functionality and organization. This is my perfect pack!!!

chaosmagnet, RED-FIVE, HELM and 2 others like this.
  13. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

While I almost always carry on-body, I have occasionally used my Evade 2.0 for off-body carry, and undoubtedly will do so again. I'm sure I'll use my Evade 1.5 for the same. I just checked, and neither my 1.5 nor my 2.0 have lockable zipper pulls.

For me, this isn't an issue, but I understand that others feel differently, and they're not wrong to feel that way.

Thanks, @HELM, for taking care of your customers!

FLbeachbum, RED-FIVE, HELM and 2 others like this.
  14. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Man, I am so glad I got you guys keeping an eye on things for me! Thanks!

RED-FIVE, chaosmagnet and Bimmer4me like this.
  15. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

You're always welcomed, the pleasure will always be mine. We've all come a loooooong way since we got that ball rolling with the original Evade!

MH-05, RED-FIVE, chaosmagnet and 2 others like this.
  16. Fird

Fird Loaded Pockets

Had my first day with the 1.5 today, it's exactly what I was hoping, amazing ergonomics and exactly the right size for my 15" Ultrabook and all my other stuff

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

17. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

@Fird just reminded me of a question I wanted to ask............has anyone tried fitting the new 16" MBP in the Evade 1.5? What about a 17"? I don't have a 17" laptop and I'm wondering it any would fit especially those gaming Razors.

18. Fird

Fird Loaded Pockets

I don't have either of those but I'd estimate due to the width of the top of the pack being only 9" that a 17 of any sort will be a no go. The 16 might fit if the distance from front to back when closed is less than 9"
    My Lenovo X1E gen 1 is a perfect fit, in fact I could just stack 2 of them in there so a thicker 15 works as well.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

19. MH-05

MH-05 Loaded Pockets

anyone has some photos on ranger green and OD? Id love to see some photos of the proud new owners of 1.5.

20. Barrister

Barrister Loaded Pockets

I have RG, I can get a few better pictures tomorrow but I absolutely love the color.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE likes this.