1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alpha One Niner - Evade 1.5 and 1.5 "Lite" Released!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RED-FIVE, May 16, 2019.

1. FLbeachbum

FLbeachbum Loaded Pockets

Thanks! That's where it was.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  2. chivaceae

chivaceae Empty Pockets

Just curious if anybody has yet received invoices for any of the 1050D Ballistic Nylon packs (1.5 or 1.5 Lite)? I am also curious on the actual final weight on these.
    Thanks, Raul

3. calgarycowboy

calgarycowboy Empty Pockets

Yes, I did. But no final weight was given and I have not seen one.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

4. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

Nothing here on my end.

5. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

UPDATE on the limited quantities of "Extra" full version Evade 1.5s:

"As promised there are a few extras from the initial batch of full version Evade 1.5s and you can snag one here! Please keep in mind that these few extras are only shipping with Type 2 organizers, Thanks. Helm"

[EDIT] 12/12/19
    Please note: These "Extras" will be made available AFTER all current Pre-Order Invoices have been filled and shipped to those who preordered the EV1.5's... Helm's announcement concerning the EV1.5 "Extras" now includes this clarification to avoid any confusion among those who are still waiting for their original pre-orders to be shipped out.

"...we'll have to wait until the rest of the pre-orders are shipped before we will make any of the extras available. The last time we tried to offer some extras it created some confusion so best to hold off. We will be announcing the extras as soon as we can." Helm

The Evade 1.5 and Evade 1.5 "Lite" (Extras) product pages are now published. The EV1.5 "Lite" page is linked from the Evade 1.5 (Full version) page.
    https://www.alphaoneniner.com/products/alpha-one-niner-evade-1-5-full-extras

Also, we can now see some of the specs have been updated... with the exception of the 1050D EV1.5 and "Lite"... (Earlier in this thread we've discussed that the BN 1050D's weights could very well end up being aprox .5 lbs heavier than the 500D EV1.5s. It's not surprising the EV1.5 ended up closer in weight to the EV2, especially considering the EV1.5s additional internal features that are not included in the EV2, and the EV1.5s incremental size difference.)

FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS:
    • For 2020 it will be offered in the following color/fabric combo:
      • 500D Solids incl Black, Wolf Gray, OD and Ranger Green (limited!)
      • 500D Camo incl Multicam, MC Black.
      • 420D Diamond Ripstop incl Black, Wolf Gray, Med Navy and 2-Tone combo (Black/Wolf Gray)
      • 1050D Ballistic Nylon Black
    • At the moment what shows as being available below is all that is available.
    • Lining is 210D Gray Ripstop Nylon.
    • Dimensions 19" (H) x 12" (W)(at base, tapers to 9" top)
      • Depth (measured from front to back at the base) of EV1.5 is 6.75" and the EV1.5 Lite is 5".
    • The current weight of the Full 500D is 4.4 lbs (2.00 kg) and 4.0 lbs (1.82 kg) for the Lite.
    • The current weight of the Full 420D is 4.0 lbs (1.82 kg) and 3.7 lbs (1.64 kg) for the Lite.
    • Pack is heavier than the original Evade 1.0 because of selected add-ons like the full loop PALS wall.
    • Volume approximately 25 L and 22 L for the Lite.

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Dec 14, 2019
    #285 RED-FIVE, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    chaosmagnet likes this.
  6. Boarhunterward

Boarhunterward Loaded Pockets

A little disappointed in the weight. The Lite in 420D still seems pretty heavy for its size.

Bimmer4me likes this.
  7. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

not gonna lie, I’m also pretty disappointed in the weight of the 1.5 (in any config) because the whole point of selling my ev2 in BNB, that weighed :censored: near 5lbs, was that it was too heavy once loaded up and hard to manage/manipulate in airplanes. I wish the specs were posted before I purchased my 1.5 (like the last release) but now I might be stuck with another bag that I don’t enjoy using because it’s too :censored: heavy. With the bag being so heavy still, the top handle is way too small and should be thicker/wider to help manipulate the bag easier.

I guess I might need to do surgery on my brand new bag to strip out all the unnecessary Velcro and weight from the bag since I have no use for it. OR sell it and get a greenroom136 rainmaker

Last edited by Bimmer4me, Dec 4, 2019
    #287 Bimmer4me, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    calgarycowboy likes this.
  8. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

Sounds like the BNB will weigh 5lbs AGAIN and have 5L less capacity ?????

calgarycowboy likes this.
  9. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

I remember you preordered 500D & 1050D? Did you end up cancelling the 500D?

If you're into the BNB and want to save a few .oz... I think the 1050D Lite may be the ticket if you don't think you need the full laptop compartment. The hidden pocket can still accept a slimmer laptop. Depends on the size of your daily carry.

#289 RED-FIVE, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  10. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

I landed on the 500d and should receive it tomorrow. I made the purchase based on the understanding that it weighed 3.8lbs, not 4.4 lbs which is the same weight at the 500d EV2! My custom large greenroom136 1000d cordura/420d oxford nylon (interior) weighs 4.4lbs as well and is much burlier/more durable than this ev1.5 in 500d/210d interior for the same weight

11. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

Can you please weigh both packs and see if they're both 4.4 lbs?

12. dmorg78

dmorg78 Empty Pockets

Im pretty bummed by the weight change. Not enough to cancel my order, but I was hoping the weights would be as advertised. I had a large Greenroom136 Rainmaker that was waaay to heavy, and I was keen to have the 1.5 a fair bit lighter. Anyway, still excited that the order has been placed and won’t be far away. Shipping to Australia though was expensive $97SG (over $100aud) so I’ve had to dump the Chio that I had order which sucks. First world problems though. Looking forward to taking delivery!

calgarycowboy and zyntherius like this.
  13. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

Really on the fence about switching my 1050D to a 420D ripstop to save a bit of weight and note a difference in baby bag vs daily carry bag. Thoughts/Opinions?

14. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

That’s exactly why I went with 420D this time around. I still have a EV1 in 420D that looks almost new still. That’s after using it as a daily commute and work bag for several years, several air flights traveling, and a couple trips to Disneyland.

I also personally like the look of it. Looks more casual and I like the 2 tone. Thanks again @HELM for brining it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE, MH-05 and Bimmer4me like this.
  15. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

My Evade 2.0 is the Black 1050D, and I have purely beat the living hell out of it. Other than popping off a compression strap cramming it into a commuter jet overhead bin, it looks brand new. I didn’t notice the compression strap right away, so it’s my best guess that the overhead bin ate it. The Evade 1.5 I got is Wolf Grey 500D, and honestly I can’t tell the unloaded difference in weight between the two. My 2.0 is a bit too big for my EDC purposes, and the 1.5 is just right. It looks like a million bucks to me, and I doubt that I’ll have any reason to regret going for 500D vs 1050D.

RED-FIVE, MH-05 and Bimmer4me like this.
  16. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

why not go with 500d? I feel like that would be the best compromise of durability and weight

17. MH-05

MH-05 Loaded Pockets

Im sorry that I have keep on asking the same questions since earlier but Im really curious if the 500D on the 1.5 is the same as the 500D on 2.0? or Helm probably changed back to the 500D he uses on the EV1.0? I really like the feel of my 500D on my 1.0. i love the bag too but the straps are not the most comfortable. The 500D on my 2.0 though, feels so much softer (not that it's bad) but it doesnt have the sturdiness as my 1.0.

So, Im considering the 1.5 (because of probably the 'perfect' size for me) but Im curious of the material. Hope you or somebody else can help to clarify.

Thanks much.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  18. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I don’t know — I don’t have a 500D 2.0 to compare with my 1.5. But I’d be surprised if they were different.

RED-FIVE and MH-05 like this.
  19. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

thanks everyone for the insight. after looking at @RED-FIVE 's site, the 420DR looks nice compared to his 1050D on the EV2.0. Plus, this design helps to make an easy difference between 1050D and 420DR. Yet not sure overall durability, thus, I like the 500D in that aspect. Really comes down to the relatively small weight difference (~0.4 lbs) based on the information previously provided.

RED-FIVE and chaosmagnet like this.
  20. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

The 420DR is pretty durable. I have an Evade in 420DR that has held up real well.

RED-FIVE and chaosmagnet like this.