1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alpha One Niner, CHIO Bag

Discussion in 'Alpha One Niner (bags & gear)' started by HELM, Dec 19, 2017.

1. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Hey fallow. Some new solids will be here in 3 weeks. The two additional colors are Med Navy and Gray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE likes this.
  2. fallow

fallow Loaded Pockets

GRAY! Fantastic news. Will the discount still apply?

RED-FIVE likes this.
  3. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Absolutely! I will announce the new additions when they become available.

RED-FIVE and fallow like this.
  4. RED-FIVE
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the new Chio colors Helm!

Also could you share what parts are included with the V-kits accessories on your A19 shop page?
    https://www.alphaoneniner.com/collections/accessories/products/v-kits-velcro-modular-kits

I'm wondering if they are the same as the SERT Universal Wrap Holster Kit....
    Velcro Holster wrap and 3 Elastic/Velcro mag holders?

https://sert.us/collections/accessories/products/modular-velcro-universal-wrap-holster-kit-with-3-additional-accessory-holders?variant=6251322212395

Thanks
    ;)

Edit: "ques answered!"

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Dec 13, 2018
    #24 RED-FIVE, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  5. Akilae

Akilae Loaded Pockets

Hey Helm, I see the new colors are up on the store. Are any of these the ripstop fabric you had mentioned previous, or are you still waiting on those?

RED-FIVE likes this.
  6. sleestac

sleestac Loaded Pockets

Hi Helm
    What's the name of that tool?

7. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

It's called the Talon, a Kickstarter project. Apparently it is now on IndieGoGo.

8. RED-FIVE
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Dec 13, 2018
    #28 RED-FIVE, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    sleestac, chaosmagnet, Moco and 3 others like this.
  9. RED-FIVE
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Also noticed room on the far right end to clip something next to the third pen slot. There's a very small slot which can accept a pocket clip from a light ect... Tested it with the AAA Tool, and works well with a Fenix PD 35.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Oct 14, 2018
    #29 RED-FIVE, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  10. NorthernHarrier

NorthernHarrier Loaded Pockets

I received my Alpha One Niner Chio in black diamond ripstop this week - and I have to say: wow! This is a great-looking bag that is perfectly designed for my needs.

The quality of materials and construction, along with the wonderfully-sized and placed pockets, and the simple yet good-looking design, make it my new favorite bag by far. In addition, the Type 2 Organizer I placed in the large rear pocket is a wonderful addition! I snipped off a tiny loose thread protruding from one seam, but aside from that the presentation and finishing of the product are outstanding. I appreciate the care that was taken with the packaging and shipping of the product, as well as the email I received informing me that there was a slight mix-up on the website indicating which Organizer was in stock and which was not, and inviting me to select whether to order the one in stock or pre-order the one that was coming in a few weeks.

You have provided me with the shoulder bag I've been looking for, for many years - and I'm grateful that I discovered the Chio in these forums. If you ever introduce a slightly larger bag, I'm afraid I'd have to buy that one, too!

11. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

NorthernHarrier, twin63 and RED-FIVE like this.
  12. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

It is funny you are wanting a slightly larger, because I have been tempted to get the Chio, but really wanting a slightly smaller version.

RED-FIVE and NorthernHarrier like this.
  13. NorthernHarrier

Thanks very much! I'll be watching your other product announcements from now on. It will be a pleasure to use my Chio!

RED-FIVE likes this.
  14. NorthernHarrier

The Chio is really great, and I think it often pays to err on the side of having a little extra room in the bag I'm carrying than I think I'll need most often, as there always seems to come a time when I have to stuff more into my bag than I anticipated. Not that I'm trying to influence you to go ahead and buy a Chio....

RED-FIVE likes this.
  15. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I think it does help to err on having more space, which is usually when I reach for a backpack. I’m looking more for a small bag that would hold my pocket items when I don’t have cargo pockets and/or real small pockets.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  16. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

My daily EDC is pretty limited so my Chio is pretty empty most days. The front and rear pocket setup stays the same but what goes into the main compartment changes. When I need that extra space to dump stuff needed before I step onto a long haul or a road trip or my daughter's track meet or lacrosse, I have the space. I carry it high and close between my shoulder blades like a reverse bandolier so to speak. And when I'm in very close quarters in a tubular scenario (subway, buses, etc), I have it up front across my chest. I very rarely carry off-body so no firearms nor mags in there. Occasionally if I'm going to a meet I dump an iPad Pro inside.

I think I mentioned this somewhere online that a few months back we (my team) were in Bali to help the Indonesia police launch IDPA and before I headed out of the hotel, I grabbed my holster, mag pouches, cap, eyes & ears and a bottle of water and all fits inside. When I'm sightseeing with the family and we have a camera, the camera kit bag goes inside and I clamp a Peaks Design camera mount on the shoulder strap.

I've always been a pack guy but the Chio has basically changed how I go about daily. There's a lot of versatility to it. It works for me and a good number of the other guys now but I totally understand it's not for all.

#36 HELM, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Andrew_H, RED-FIVE, pks and 1 other person like this.
  17. chosencartel

chosencartel Loaded Pockets

No more promo code?

18. NorthernHarrier

On the one year anniversary of picking up my first Chio, I ordered the Chio in black ballistic. It arrived today and exceeds my expectations. Understated in presentation, but full of features and design quality. I find it perfect in every way. I chose the Type 2 Organizer for the large rear pocket again, as with my first Chio in black diamond ripstop, which is great compliment to the storage space of the bag for extra organization of small items. These are my most classy and useful bags, and they hold more than it appears at first glance. The packaging and presentation were also first rate. Kudos to the team at Alpha One Niner!

RED-FIVE likes this.
  19. pks

pks Loaded Pockets

Funny thing. I could have written this post. Literally. I have my kryptek CHIO right from the time @HELM made them. I use it on and off depending on what new bags I have incoming. Went on a very long trip / long fight with the CHIO and realized how well designed it was last week. Ordered another on in black diamond ripstop because that's my fav material from A19, second to the grey ripstop.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  20. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Thank you guys, as a product developer it always feels good to hear such feedback. I have to be honest and say that I didn't know what to expect when I first thought about it but like you, I find myself carrying it almost everyday.

RED-FIVE likes this.