1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Alox Pox III, "The Infection Strikes Back!"

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by cowsmilk, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Personally never trusted much in that site... gonna have a look, btw.

Mumbojumboo and GaryMc like this.
  2. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

Mumbojumboo and Nick4305, Thanks MJ, that is not good then for sure, very sad :(

Mumbojumboo and Nick4305 like this.
  3. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Had a look at +B newsletter.
    They said +B will not have more new lots of special editions and closing up the cooperation, not Victorinox as a brand.
    Those are good news for me.
    Just my opinion.

Gary Gross and GaryMc like this.
  4. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

"Basic models and colors" ? Not sure what that means.

Nick4305 and GaryMc like this.
  5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but the way I read the newsletter, it only mentions the SE versions. Not a blanket statement against all Alox. Unlike in Europe, here in the US it appears to me that the basic Alox colors of silver, red, black, and (for maybe a few models) blue are more or less standard offerings? Not with any special markings. Maybe those colors for existing Alox models might continue?

I thought it also revealing that the newsletter mentions quality issues in particular some anodizing issues. So maybe this will all turn out to be a temporary thing whilst (1) they resolve their quality issues back at Victorinox; and (2) when market conditions globally perk up?

Given how long Victorinox has been around I'm inclined to believe they have experience weathering such storms before!

Meanwhile, I may have to take a took at some sellers for a couple of items...!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

GaryMc likes this.
  6. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Seems to me they would do away with the million types of classics with lady bugs and junk (never seen anyone collect those) or the perfume. Not the Alox cash cow. I don't think Bianco carries those so I don't know what is going on. Makes no sense??

GaryMc likes this.
  7. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Also, they have anodized millions of knives. How could they have problems now. maybe, they sub the work out??

GaryMc likes this.
  8. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

Could just be Swiss Bianco hype trying to scare people into rushing to purchases, I have read some unsavory stories about them in the overall knife market where they are evidently not liked very much by a lot of knife makers. All heresay but strong enough I took notice. I also searched the web yesterday and could find absolutely no other Victorinox news stories in the US or abroad going on that even hinted at anything like this which makes their comments even more suspicious. Adding to that is according to Swiss Bianco's owner elsewhere on his site, he also has a beef/legal issues with the Swiss government right now over his Mother's death, Switzerland taking of joint estate property he was due tying up his assets, and a lot of mystery. My 2 cents after a lot of research yesterday afternoon is his claims are likely bogus and unscrupulous, I guess time will tell, but finding no other news anywhere is highly suspicious.

Nick4305 likes this.
  9. Kris69

Kris69 Loaded Pockets

Quote from another forum but i agree 100% so i want to share:

"swissbianco is just a blood sucking leech the big dog has finally had enough of"

Nick4305 and GaryMc like this.
  10. Ike582

Ike582 Loaded Pockets

Honest question, why the dislike for SwissBianco? I've picked up a couple of nice smaller knives from him in the past and all went well. What's the issue?

GaryMc likes this.
  11. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

Ike582, No personal dislike from me. I have bought numerous ALOX SAK's and copper scales from him. Every transaction has gone smoothly with swift shipping from Canada so my dealings with SB have been great. The quality is always excellent as is the service he provides.

The dislike stems from a well known knife forum and a number of very well known knife makers have accused SB of blatantly ripping off & copying designs so closely it is obvious, I'm talking some big names in the knife world. If this is true and from the pictures I've seen posted, it appears to be, I would find that pretty reprehensible. Add to that his latest newsletter claiming Victorinox is in financial trouble and stopping limited editions when in fact I can find no, I mean zero evidence to that on the Internet, if anything their sales appear as strong if not stronger than ever with increasing product lines. Then you add on from him that he is having great difficulty with the Swiss government over his property as a result of his Mother's death in Switzerland as he posts that newsletter and it just sounds extremely fishy. Time will tell.......

Again I have no problem with him personally yet, but some big time knife makers apparently do......

Allan Regstrup, Nick4305 and Ike582 like this.
  12. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

13. Frailer

Frailer Loaded Pockets

Finally picked up a birth year (1963) Soldier.

[​IMG]

LivingUpNorth, 313, GaryMc and 3 others like this.
  14. joshwhoha

joshwhoha Loaded Pockets

I have 3 cadets because I lost 1, I lust after at least a half-dozen more, and I'm contemplating a Farmer and the new Pioneer X... My checkbook seriously can't cope with this infection.

15. jaya_man

jaya_man Loaded Pockets

Some of my latest additions... A pair of '81 Soldiers and a PX

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

17. Gary Gross

Gary Gross Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nick4305, Nekolf, SV-97 and 2 others like this.
  18. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

Gary Gross Beautiful trio Sir!!!!!

Nekolf and Nick4305 like this.
  19. Gary Gross

Gary Gross Loaded Pockets

Thank you sir! I'm learning from some great people here, yourself included, how to match items together for the best presentation.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nekolf and GaryMc like this.
  20. BCNZ

BCNZ Loaded Pockets