1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

All Titanium Custom Pen Makers In The 300 And 400 Range Recomendations

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by TRUE LIBERTY, Jan 19, 2018.

1. TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY Loaded Pockets

Looking for something different than the usual, so please share if you know of anything.

2. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

You meean $300. I keep thinking of the Burke MAP pen, Tibolt, or Matthew Martin pens with the burned titanium finish.. but they are getting nto $200 range? I bet if they write nice and feel nice they are worth every penny. I keep getting mail from fine pen shops where the pens are $300 to $900...but I know they are not as durable as some cheaper custom pens out there.

3. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

If you're interested in fountain pens, can push your budget by a factor of 3 or so, and are okay w/ the Parker arrow clip, Ralph Prather has done custom titanium P51s.

Sadly the Nakaya Piccolo is even more expensive: https://www.nibs.com/pens/nakaya/nakaya-piccolo-writer-titanium

Not Custom, but a limited edition and an incredible value on closeout at $96.00 is the https://www.gouletpens.com/conklin-nighthawk-fountain-pen-titanium-fine/p/CK81111-F --- maybe a stub nib? https://www.gouletpens.com/conklin-nighthawk-fountain-pen-titanium-stub/p/CK81111-S

Moshe ben David likes this.
  4. TRUE LIBERTY

Can’t find the tibolt pen in stock anywhere so thought I would up my game in the 300 to 400 price range and see if anyone knows of any other great tough pens out there in titanium. Never heard of fine pen shops will check them out.

5. TRUE LIBERTY

Of course Burke Map pens are sold out everywhere. Just frustrating these makers make popular pens and don’t keep up with demand.

6. TRUE LIBERTY

7. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

I've seen it online before ... check if the penaddict or edjelly have done a review on it? You can send email to Jim Burke to see when he's making some pens.

I can highly recommend the Tactile Turn Slider Ti.

Last edited by RMinNJ, Jan 20, 2018
    #7 RMinNJ, Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    MKLight and mercurialpissings like this.
  8. TRUE LIBERTY

Thanks for recommending them but Both those websites are a nightmare to navigate having to go through each pen and than get no joy.

I had the older version and hated the clip it just did not secure to my clothes very good and ended losing it ultimately.

9. Willy

Willy Loaded Pockets

I had to keep bugging them but finally got one. Also using the rubber stylus end. I ended up with Brian's wife's email as she was easier to communicate with. She handles the customer service (or lack thereof). Great pen but a bit bulky. Craftsmanship outstanding.
    [​IMG]

10. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

All, I have no skin in this particular game. But I do have an impression that many if not all of these pen makers are not even close to being a large company, but in many many cases are virtually one man shows. Which translates to both limited time and limited capital (which would be needed for sure for upping their manufacturing capacity!).

If my assumptions are correct, this would explain why they find themselves in the classic dilemma of more business than they can handle.

It would definitely be nice if they could/would communicate better with customers. But we all just need to either suck it up or turn to other products...

I learned this lesson both from clients and from dealing with a few small manufacturers in the edc space -- who will remain nameless because I just don't want to give them a bad rap.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

11. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

My thanks to @TRUE LIBERTY for this thread --- wound up ordering a Nitehawk as a graduation gift for my son --- hopefully it'll be more successful than the 14K Cross Century I got my sister, or the engraved Levenger True Writer Bahama Blue demonstrator I got my daughter.

12. TRUE LIBERTY

Any chance of you sharing that email?

13. Willy

Willy Loaded Pockets

Will see if I can dig it out. It was over a year ago.

14. Willy

Willy Loaded Pockets

cristie@knifewerks.com
    This will bypass the info and Brian Fellhoelter emails. She was pretty good at getting back to me. She let me know when Brian started production again.

TRUE LIBERTY likes this.
  15. TRUE LIBERTY

Thanks! I ordered the Magnus pen I mentioned above, if I do not like it I will send it back and try that email and see what happens. Who knows maybe I will try and get that pen also, lol!

16. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

Please let me know what you think of the Magnus pen when you get it and start using it. I've looked it several times, and I'm tempted to get it, but I always talk myself out of it. There's not really any reviews online, and I'm curious what it feels like in real life.

TRUE LIBERTY likes this.
  17. TRUE LIBERTY

If you look on the pen picture thread you can see my thoughts on the pen.

18. specv510

specv510 Loaded Pockets

Look up Makar Knives & Tools. He's on IG and I think USN.

TRUE LIBERTY likes this.
  19. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

What kind of refill do his pens take ?