1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

All about Tadgear

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by illusion, Sep 27, 2007.

1. leeenricoso

leeenricoso Loaded Pockets

Cool! Thanks for this nugget of info.

2. WoodMotorsports

WoodMotorsports Loaded Pockets

My order actually was made on the site using a PayPal debit card, so it went through like a normal visa card.

3. kerio

kerio Empty Pockets

Wow that sucks..
    I'll was just going to made a purchase no the Stealth Reloaded after i get some helpful info from you guys.
    Does anyone know when this issue with TAD is going to be resolved?

P.S.- Can someone give me an advise witch size should i get if my measurements are as follows:
    Weight - 175
    Height - 6.1
    Chest - 37
    Waist - 33

4. Bamajay73

Bamajay73 Loaded Pockets

Medium, we are almost the same in size & measurement.

5. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

If it's anything like my Steath Jacket 3.0, medium is going to be too short. I'm 5'9" and it ends at my belt.

I'm not sure what you mean by "resolved"; they said their database that stores their confidential customer data has been broken into. I assume they have at least closed or attempted to close the hole. However, since security is never "secure" and this sounds like a recurring event, I would take precautions such as using a temporary credit card number, using Paypal, or making your order over the phone.

6. ShawnInPaso

ShawnInPaso Empty Pockets

I must like the fuller look. I'm 5'11, 195 and have a 34" waist. I have the re-loaded in size XL and it fits fine with some room to spare (e.g I could wear a sweater under it if needed without feeling cramped).

7. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

Well their site is still not updated yet, so I guess its ok to stay away a few more days...But you can always phone them!

8. myke

myke Loaded Pockets

Did anybody else have fraudulent charges from a website that claimed to sell spyware software or something? I forget the name of the company/website at the moment.

Charges showed up a couple weeks before TAD gear warned everybody. Bank took care of it and I had the number changed so everything worked out.

9. Nomadtv

Nomadtv Empty Pockets

Yup, I got hit... as did most of TADs employees. Mine was from a telecom in pakistand, they ran 3 $5 charges to test then a $68 phone card. Chase caught it fast and shut it down. no worries though, they are taking some fairly drastic measures to make sure it wont happen the same way twice ect... I know they are a great bunch of guys. Just bad luck and a bit of learnin'.

10. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

Well just got an order from Tad again, I keep having this love and hate relation ship with them.
    I have to say that for once I am 100% happy with my order, shipping went fairly kvick to Europe,shipping price wasnt to bad and the pants actually fit me like it should..

But it still bugs me that they cant keep things in stock and stop changing everything on every batch they make.. I actually wanted the Legionaries, but they changed the fabric, color and the cut, so I didnt like it anymore. So had to go with the F10 twill that are very nice..(they also changed colors once).

11. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

I'm less than satisfied with my TAD Gear customer service experiences as well. Late December I placed an order by phone after many attempts, only to have several errors, requiring me to attempt calling them several more times via long distance to get it corrected.

Yesterday I placed another order, this time online. Through checkout I was billed $10 for shipping and in special instructions I asked for it to be shipped via USPS instead of UPS. Today they emailed me saying I should have selected UPS shipping first, paid for it, and then waited for a refund. However there's no part of the checkout process that allowed me to select what shipping I wanted anyway. It also bugs me they're asking me to phone in my credit card information again, instead of them attempting to call me since its long distance.

12. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

That didnt sound that great... When I made the last order, my only choice on shipping was $150 UPS! I asked them to do USPS and they refunded me.

I am guessing they want you to call, just to double check that you are the guy you claim to be. They dont like to ship USPS, but they do so to returning customers.

13. Nomadtv

Nomadtv Empty Pockets

aside from occasionally having to call multiple times, ive never had a problem with the over 20 orders I've gotten through them. Even my last order which I returned on personal choice, was handled flawlessly. shipping is free on any order over 150 and Ive never paid more than $25 for shipping on anything else.

Im curious what you ordered that cost $150 to ship?

Personally I love TAD and they have taken great care of me.

14. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

I am in Europe so UPS is always high price...

15. Nomadtv

Nomadtv Empty Pockets

Ouch! Guess stopping by the store is out of the question.

16. Bamajay73

Bamajay73 Loaded Pockets

I really wish TAD gear would restock more frequently. The small runs they do sell out too quickly.

17. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

But they are stilling doing that way.. That bugs me big time..

18. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

NEVER SAY "I'm just looking for now/I'm good for now thank you," because then you'll end up standing at the counter for over 5-minutes thinking about why you're trying buy $$$ worth of stuff when they don't care to even come in from smoking cigs out front to ring you up (true story :brickwall:)...They even looked me in the eye while I was standing there like I was killing their fun, and they didn't want come in... I went to TG on Satureday ( because :stupid: I guess :shrug:), and I got good customer service this time (probably helped that I came during the last 10min before closing, so they wanted out fast and played nice). @ their price point one would think good CS would come standard granted we all have our peeved days, but I've rarely gone in and gotten really good CS. They've got some good products so it's to bad the CS isn't on pare.

19. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Always treated well there and I make a point not to be wearing any TAD products either.

20. myke

myke Loaded Pockets

My experience with the customer service is mixed. Ordered a few times. Everything shows up fast and no problems really. I think the really odd fit and cut of all the soft goods is another discussion altogether.

My only complaint is talking to them on the phone. Given it was a long time ago but it was like pulling teeth, the guy sounded like he was working for a call center, very rude and impatient. I think they got three strikes against them at this point.