1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Aleph lights

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by samson722, May 29, 2006.

1. samson722

samson722 Empty Pockets

Anyone have an Aleph? I was thinking about getting one. They look like sturdy, as well as bright as hell. Not to mention small (Aleph 2). Review anyone? Maybe? Pleasssse.... :help: Thanks, everyone.

Cheers!

2. tenmmike

tenmmike Empty Pockets

3. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

I believe Don and Sandwich Shoppe are phasing out the Aleph line of stuff...can someone correct me if I'm wrong? But there's Aleph stuff occasionally up for grabs on to the B/S/T market at CPF. The modularity of the components is what makes the Aleph line attractive.

4. 1331

1331 Empty Pockets

The Aleph series is absolute top quality. I have more tha*****. State of the art. There are various combinations of bodies, light engines, head configurations, and tailcaps. The two stage tailcaps are available in a number of different resistive values to vary the low stage output to suit your particular needs. Runtime is greatly expanded with this feature.

I have a 2x123, DB917 w/ 3wTWOJ LED, Standard two stage tailcap with 60 ohm, and originally ordered with ALeph1 head. I have an ALeph 3 head that can be interchanged with slight effort. As Mc Gizmo stated, the A1 head is good middle ground between the Aleph 2 and 3 heads and it's not the size of the light engine, it's what you do with light coming out of it. The A1 head is just slightly larger than a standard Surefire, but more than compensates for the very small size difference. A3 heads give great throw, has to be seen really to appreciate it.

There is the 1x123, Nexgen 550, 3w TWOJ LED, A2 head, standard two stage tailcap. It most certianly competes with most 2x123's.

There is a CR2, BB 400, A2 head with trim two stage tailcap I EDC, mainly due to size considerations as it rides in my pocket and it is used daily. The first nick from a drop on the concrete is always the worst and after that I just winced and placed it in my pocket with keys, knife, etc. Most of my surfires now stay at home. Can't do without the two stage output.

The PD series is another ground breaker. Function, reliability, ruggedness, and estically pleasing.

The answers to most questions about Aleph lights can be found on Candlepowerforums in the McGizmo section under FAQ's or the order threads.

I have not found anything I like better than the Aleph series. I don't think you would be disappointed with any of them. The Aleph series parts no longer in production but The Sandwich Shoppe has completed lights available. Excellent service and very good people.

5. Jurphaas

Jurphaas Empty Pockets

All McGizmo lights are first class or better. The Aleph lights are extremly handy and I edc two of them. first an Aleph-1, 1x 123 and second an Aleph-3, 1x 123 for throw. I don't particularly care for a two stage tailcap and have swopped these for SureFire ED2 "clickies". This set-up works fine for me.
    Now that the Aleph series is out of production and no longer readily available, the PD series steps in. Not a modular system as the Aleph series was but a standard two stage, 1x 123 LED light of very high quality. Limited runs of PD's with exotic finshes like chrome and materials like titanium are available at times. Momentarily Don is moving to Mauï and does not take orders until he has set up shop on the island. No twisty but piston driven!!! New is the PD27L also a standard light with a 27mm reflector and powered by 2x 123.
    Check all of this at CPF/McGizmo and the stickie posts concerning the offerings and the ordering.
    Jurphaas.

6. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

I think the Shoppe still has turnkey models available.  I've got a number of Alephs in different configurations and have been quite happy with them.  If you want a really nice size that will also throw well look into the 2xCR123 and Aleph 3 head.

-LT

7. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

Still a few left, but it's a discontinued series.

8. Badgerboy

Badgerboy Empty Pockets

The shoppe still has afew but the pickings are getting slim due to the fact that Alephs are discontinued. I just bought an Aleph 19 1x123 Flashlight w/UX1K. There was one more.

Cliff

9. tvodrd

tvodrd Empty Pockets

I hope the 2-stage tailcaps stick around a while. If not, I have a few salted. :)

Larry

10. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

Mmmm...salted 2-stage tailcaps! :ready:

Only Larry would think of such a thing. :p